Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

PotatoJudge posted:

Just keep him away from the closer spot

Well yeah. Everyone should know the dangers of a fork stuck in an outlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Orioles declined their option on Nick Markakis

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I don't get mutual options; how are they different from just agreeing on a new one year contract? What's the point?

I think, at one time, there may have been extra money attached to one end or the other one of this kind of deal. Not sure that that would be allowed now though.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Hunter Pence called SF Frisco and now I am scared, angry, and confused.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
HUNTER PENCE

CALLS IT

FRISCO

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
MLB November Off-season N/V: Hunter Pence calls it "Frisco"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

vegeta dentata posted:

Hunter Pence called SF Frisco and now I am scared, angry, and confused.

drat it Hunter. And I just made you my av too.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Just got back from the Giants Parade, poo poo was awesome. I'll probably upload pictures later to imgur or something for whoever's interested.

Dude, trigger warning that poo poo, Spoeank's PTO doesn't start until Monday

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

PotatoJudge posted:

Just keep him away from the closer spot

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

e: oops

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

There is no doubt in my mind that Rick Renteria's team will knock the Cubs out of the playoffs because that is how it works.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Waltzing Along posted:

N: Phish were playing in San Francisco during game 7.
V:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFdwcwFe_w&t=181s

Wow Phish is really bad.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Seemingly against all reason, Hawkins converted 23 save opportunities this year (as a 41 year old) and only blew 3.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Papercut posted:

Wow Phish is really bad.

fact

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Papercut posted:

Wow Phish is really bad.

it takes Sarah Silverman 3 minutes to explain exactly how bad Phish is

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Analyze Phish, man.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

There is no doubt in my mind that Rick Renteria's team will knock the Cubs out of the playoffs because that is how it works.

So you're predicting a Twins/Cubs world series at some point in the near future?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My favorite LaTroy Hawkins memory was in July of 2004 against the Cardinals at Wrigley Field. The Cubs were up 8-2 after 3, chased Matt Morris early, but then Albert Pujols hit 3 HR and Hawkins went absolutely apeshit and I swear at the time I thought he was going to punch the umpire.

Oh and also he gave up that HR to Victor Diaz of the Mets in September of that year that was pretty much the beginning of the end.

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014

Fay Vincent posted:

I would be glued to my television if the games were on in the late afternoon. But I do not care enough today to stay awake to see who wins the game Wednesday night. I will read about the outcome.

I will miss the drama of Madison Bumgartner trying to achieve three wins, but in some sense the lesson of all those great games I have enjoyed over the years is that there is always another great game.

Maximum old man.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Anyway here's a few pics from the parade.

Imgur album

Hey Rah! can you see yourself in any pics?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I have a Tigers fan friend who is convinced the Cubs are going to lose Baez or Russel to Tampa as penalty for tampering with Maddon. I think he's just pulling things out of his rear end, because I've not seen anything else anywhere. Plus, tampering is going to be super hard to prove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
October is over! Goodbye baseball!

• Locked thread