Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally caught up with all the episodes and I love this show. I'm worried it's not getting good ratings though, what with this thread not even having two pages yet. ABC pls don't cancel :ohdear:

Yeah, ABC is not going to cancel the only black family sitcom on it's roster in season 1. Also, it's ratings are insanely high, easily 2x what a FOX sitcom gets.

When goolging the show, apparently some TV bloggers/writers are complaining that is just "The Cosby Show" but worse, which seems like a weird complaint for a show that so far has including a subplot about (not)beating a child, a father worrying about his son not being 'black' enough, and a GoT reference.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally caught up with all the episodes and I love this show. I'm worried it's not getting good ratings though, what with this thread not even having two pages yet. ABC pls don't cancel :ohdear:

I wouldn't count the SA thread for the show Blackish being any indication that the show is doing poorly (as pentyne pointed out, it's really, really not). It's moreso probably just a fault of SA's demographics (i.e. mostly white male nerds) that the thread's so quiet. Which is a shame, really!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

gandlethorpe posted:

Guys, I'm really afraid about whether NCIS is gonna continue. I mean, it didn't even get a thread this year!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I like that even when this show has an off night like tonight it still has a bunch of great moments.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

nutranurse posted:

I wouldn't count the SA thread for the show Blackish being any indication that the show is doing poorly (as pentyne pointed out, it's really, really not). It's moreso probably just a fault of SA's demographics (i.e. mostly white male nerds) that the thread's so quiet. Which is a shame, really!

JohnSherman posted:

Guys, I'm really afraid about whether NCIS is gonna continue. I mean, it didn't even get a thread this year!

I was semi-joking when judging popularity by SA post count, but even Selfie had like a three page thread before it got canceled.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

I was semi-joking when judging popularity by SA post count, but even Selfie had like a three page thread before it got canceled.
Umm, a hot ginger Highlander from Doctor Who transformed into a bubbly long leggy tart on a US sitcom is really goon teevee Mecca. That thread would have gone beyond three pages back in the day. Was Selfie up against WWE or something? Goons are getting either old, soft or both.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I like that even when this show has an off night like tonight it still has a bunch of great moments.

I thought last nights ep was one of the better ones tbh

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Fetus Tree posted:

I thought last nights ep was one of the better ones tbh

There were some good jokes but none of the plots really worked and the altered reality stuff landed with a thud for me. This is a show that trusts its audience enough to go along to some unexpected places and this all felt very Sitcom 101. That said, they handled it without losing the characterizations in the process and I still enjoyed myself.

My point was that they're all good. :)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This kid was born to steal!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Will I be seeing you at Chick-Fil-A?"

"... Probably."

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
:siren: Laurence Fishburne sighting :siren:

lotion
Feb 15, 2011

This road leads directly to the airport, Hannibal
"I love when you put me in the oven"

My childhood memories...

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"Mom fail... WORLDSTAAAAAAAR!"

I laughed way too much at that one.
It came out of left field and curb stomped me in the funny gut.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Laughed pretty hard at a lot of that episode

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah, David Palmer is the true first black president!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Boats explode all the time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Testify in court about my momma's secret stash of boat dynamite.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I would watch the Hell out of a version of Romeo and Juliet where they are played by the same person.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I would watch the Hell out of a version of Romeo and Juliet where they are played by the same person.

The books already out. The Life and Death of David Carradine

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I tried to show Jr some racism today but it was thwarted by the cops and whitey.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"DON'T TALK ABOUT BILL CLINTON"

This show has some great moments, but I get the feeling its on track for cancellation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pentyne posted:

"DON'T TALK ABOUT BILL CLINTON"

This show has some great moments, but I get the feeling its on track for cancellation.

Wasn't it already renewed for a second season?

Also this episode explains where the name Rainbow comes from. Goddamn hippie parents :argh:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pentyne posted:

With Fresh Off The Boat doing well, keeping Blackish around pads ABC's resume out further for having shows with diversity on the schedule.

I think it'll be fine.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Blackish and Fresh Off The Boat are both doing more than fine ratings wise, and have a fair amount of critical and commercial buzz. They'll both get a second season, at the least.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dre doing the "you are not the father" dance from Maury was pretty amazing.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Did they forget to put any kind of resolution to the woman in the boardroom (who was she?) getting picked on the whole episode? She turned away to make a call that they focused on but then nothing happened after that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Duke posted:

Did they forget to put any kind of resolution to the woman in the boardroom (who was she?) getting picked on the whole episode? She turned away to make a call that they focused on but then nothing happened after that.

The joke was that she was calling a high profile attorney who deals with sexual harassment cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
"Yooooooo...I think my brother and his husband are gay!"

• Locked thread