Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Has there ever been a better combination of comedy and relationship drama? The movie also had a fair bit of action because it was from when Arnold was still known as an action star but not too much action, just the right amount for a romantic comedy about the personal life of a secret agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I like that scene where Arnold makes Jodie Foster believe she's being forced to seductively strip by a criminal who has her unconditionally under his power

I mean I really like that scene

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
this movie fuckin owns OP thanks for helping me remember1

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i had a crush on jamie lee curtis because of this movie

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Gaunab posted:

i had a crush on jamie lee curtis because of this movie

p sure that was jodie foster

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
It was Jamie Lee Curtis.

And yeah OP, this movie kicks rear end.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Okay it was Jamie Lee Curtis, well you know what? I don't loving look at imdb or wikipedia about this poo poo like you little millennial bitches, okay? I go off memory! Because I lived this poo poo, back when I had a tiny TV with a convex screen, and watched TBS SUPSERSTATION. It was a J-name! Close enough!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well one is a lot older you young bitch

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Arnold Schwarzenegger character's got some really loving bad ideas about how to deal with marital problems though. It is a good thing his special ops buddies went along with him going very insane and stealing millions in government resources to gently caress with his wife's head.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
It's pretty awesome.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Would a spy PEE himself!?

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Would a spy PEE himself!?

The joke is that if he were a real spy, he would know that spies pee themselves all the time for tactical purposes.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Total Recall is a better date movie.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
The Vette' makes them wet.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The best part of this movie is the terrorists are actual middle easterners so instead of becoming dated it actually became more relevant as time went on

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Very few horses in lifts in films; for that reason alone, True Lies will never really go out of fashion.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

put the picture of jamie lee's 40 year old enhanced boobies in the op please

naem
May 29, 2011

I feel like at 6'4" and a weightlifting champion arnold wouldn't need to resort to a bunch of spy stuff to keep other men away from his wife

Like he could just stand there and glare a lot

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Harime Nui posted:

Okay it was Jamie Lee Curtis, well you know what? I don't loving look at imdb or wikipedia about this poo poo like you little millennial bitches, okay? I go off memory! Because I lived this poo poo, back when I had a tiny TV with a convex screen, and watched TBS SUPSERSTATION. It was a J-name! Close enough!

how do you not remember that Jamie does not look like Jodie

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

naem posted:

I feel like at 6'4" and a weightlifting champion arnold wouldn't need to resort to a bunch of spy stuff to keep other men away from his wife

Like he could just stand there and glare a lot

Arnie is actually like 5' 8" :ssh:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
he's also dumb as poo poo irl so he probably wouldn't even notice if you were banging his wife

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Tom Arnold is a chode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dead Precedents posted:

It's pretty awesome.

every mans dream

• Locked thread