Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

I'm from the good old US of A! And thank you for the funny video!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Neptr posted:

I'm from the good old US of A! And thank you for the funny video!

I only ask because like half of the time I'm in China or Wrong Part of Europe they're like "Oh hey you want coffee instead of tea? Here's this brown powder and moderately hot water"

SAVAGES

Not like all the coffee here is good anyways- relatives in nebraska use approximately one scoop of coffee for a 12 cup pot and it is vaguely brown water instead of coffee

whole state is like that, can't explain it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sashimi posted:

Acceptable Coffee Making Apparatus
    Espresso Maker
    Moka Pot
    French Press
    Pour Over
    Quality Drip Machines

poo poo Coffee Making Apparatus
    lovely Espresso Makers
    Aeropress
    Wal Mart Level Drip Machines
    Instant Coffee
    Keurig (proprietary coffee :wtc:)

whats wrong wiyth aeropress nerd

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

everythingWasBees posted:

Coffee's bitter and gross and disgusting and it burns my mouth every time i try to drink it. To even make it palatable you have to chill in, and combine it with milk and whipped cream and chocolate or caramel.

How do you even manage to keep this poo poo down, GBS?

I don't I drink tea with honey instead.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Coffee and Tea are both very nice.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

whats wrong wiyth aeropress nerd

yeah, aeropress is basically a french press with filter if you use it the right way (inverted method)

which makes it french press 2.0

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea Tea

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Metanaut posted:

yeah, aeropress is basically a french press with filter if you use it the right way (inverted method)

which makes it french press 2.0

I stopped using mine because it became a nightmare when wanting another cup after having one, also when friends or family are round by it took forever. It's a time thing mainly, a decent drip does me for now. :)

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
For me it's all about the type of grind and bean when it comes to making coffee. And long as you're not using a lovely keurig your coffee will be pretty decent.

Don't use drips a lot though. Do people notice the difference between bleached and unbleached filters?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The drip machine isn't the best but it has an auto feature so I can begin desperately sucking down hot caffeine water the second I wake up in a vain attempt to wake up

Gawdfather
Jul 29, 2011
If not for Cigarettes, Coffee and Hate, I'd be an empty shell of a Man.

Dec 26, 2012

Kazvall posted:

As I get older I'm starting to enjoy black coffee more. This means I'll be gay by the time I'm thirty. Starbucks train runners 4 lyfe.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I use a pour over (~$10), grind my own beans with a lovely $15 electric blade grinder, heat the water in a cheap electric kettle, and use costco whole house blend beans at $5 a lb. Makes pretty good coffee for very cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Gawdfather posted:

If not for Cigarettes, Coffee and Hate, I'd be an empty shell of a Man.

• Locked thread