Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
In NY they took over a predominantly Black/Hispanic public school board then started gutting the schools and selling them to their friends its pretty awesome.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/534/a-not-so-simple-majority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Al Nipper posted:

In NY they took over a predominantly Black/Hispanic public school board then started gutting the schools and selling them to their friends its pretty awesome.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/534/a-not-so-simple-majority

in text form: http://nymag.com/news/features/east-ramapo-hasidim-2013-4/

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Al Nipper posted:

In NY they took over a predominantly Black/Hispanic public school board then started gutting the schools and selling them to their friends.

Oh yeah I remember listening to this. Good poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It was like a revenge thing too they just didn't like paying school taxes on top of their own private schools. So they took over and threw a fit until someone was like hey just don't pay

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A family we were friendly with growing up had the following happen: The mother got sick and ended up in the hospital. She was diagnosed and treated, and while explaining the illness, it came up that this particular illness come from pork. So of course she asked, well what else can it come from? The doctor said maybe if you visited a certain country. So she says, there's got to be another way, I have never visited that country and I've never eaten pork. The doctor says well maybe you unknowingly ate pork. The family did a little digging and found that their housekeeper, who they also allowed to cook their meals, would often eat her pork enchilada for lunch and then handle food preparation for the family. Scary, from both a kashrus and a hygenic perspective...

And what do we learn from the above mentioned story, which I shared?

NEVER EVER LET YOUR GOYTER WORK IN YOUR KITCHEN!!!! you are taking a major risk. Don't fool yourself. Is it worth it just for a bit of housekeeping?

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
I worked a week in Lakewood, NJ a well known Orthodox Jewish enclave.Rumor has it that everyone in the community would shower at the exact same time, same day, of the week. The guys that were my age, (mid-late 20s) seemed as if they had everything figured out, had really good looking wives, and kids and everything. Although, noone would really talk to me. The whole experience left me with more questions than answers about Orthodox Jews. Especially with the whole "suck the baby's dick blood off after circumcision" thing what the gently caress is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

It was like a revenge thing too they just didn't like paying school taxes on top of their own private schools. So they took over and threw a fit until someone was like hey just don't pay

Basically they accomplished what libertarians failed to do in NH with the Free State Project.

Helps that they have an endless supply of indoctrinated followers at their disposal that do as they say.

• Locked thread