Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

9 out of 10 times, if someone is driving like an aggressive rear end in a top hat, it's going to be a pickup truck driver. my theory is that trucks are driven by uneducated men who need to compensate and feel macho, and that translates to their behavior behind the wheel. usually it's nicer, new trucks, also, not just ratty poor people trucks as you might expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Yep. Even worse than your average porsche driver

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

1gnoirents posted:

Yep. Even worse than your average porsche driver

actually all porsche drivers are above average.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i know the stereotype is bmw drivers, but that's wrong. someone who buys a 2014 f150 will be objectively worse.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

LifeSizePotato posted:

9 out of 10 times, if someone is driving like an aggressive rear end in a top hat, it's going to be a pickup truck driver. my theory is that trucks are driven by uneducated men who need to compensate and feel macho, and that translates to their behavior behind the wheel. usually it's nicer, new trucks, also, not just ratty poor people trucks as you might expect.

I've driven a pickup for the last 30 years. I don't drive aggressively. I have never received a ticket. I have a bachelor's degree, two master's degrees and a teaching credential and enough extra credits that I would have a PhD if they were all in the same subject area. I must be the exception that proves the rule. And I drive it because I tend to haul stuff from time to time...

LifeSizePotato posted:

i know the stereotype is bmw drivers, but that's wrong. someone who buys a 2014 f150 will be objectively worse.

Yeah, newer F-150 drivers tend to be dicks. My dad's is a 1976. That's not too bad. He only stopped driving it 3 years ago when mom took his keys away (he has advanced Alzheimer's, and driving is probably not a good idea.)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

yeah op the aggression isnt caused by having a little dick and no education, its from advanced dementia

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
If you own a huge, shiny, pickup truck and it's pretty apparent that you don't use, and have never used it to haul/tow things around or unless you got it for super cheap for some reason (those things are not cheap), you shouldn't own a huge, shiny, pickup truck.

Tsinava fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 16, 2014

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
my roommate drives a pickup and is 5' 5" and very uncomfortable with his masculinity and I'm convinced he's either gay or a pedophile so i agree

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
If you drive a pickup either you are a farmer or construction who actually uses it which is alright by me, or an rear end in a top hat who thinks pickup trucks are cool and that risking the lives of everyone around you by being a lovely driver is also cool.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Tsinava posted:

If you own a huge, shiny, pickup truck and it's pretty apparent that you don't use, and have never used it to haul/tow things around or unless you got it for super cheap for some reason (those things are not cheap), you shouldn't own a huge, shiny, pickup truck.

I often wonder how many people with 4 wheel drive have actually taken their vehicles offroad. I'm willing to bet the percentage is fairly low.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The beds are almost always empty.

Also if you can't Park a big stupid truck properly you shouldn't own it you piece of poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah most people that drive trucks are dildos and don't even need a car that big

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
balls

truck nuts,

nuts

ballsac

nutsac

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I drive a Camaro SS and if there's anyone on the road I can consistently expect to try to race me it's dudes in new pickup trucks and I honestly have no idea why because they never have a chance

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Devils Affricate posted:

I drive a Camaro SS and if there's anyone on the road I can consistently expect to try to race me it's dudes in new pickup trucks and I honestly have no idea why because they never have a chance

When i was more insane in my youth I once put a 880 hp engine in a toyato truck as a joke. i wish i was young again

Henker
May 5, 2009

Theres this huge shiny pickup truck in my neighborhood with those giant wheels so it's like 15 godamn feet off the ground. Dude parks it on a road that's already too narrow for two cars to pass each other, so his truck makes even worse. rear end in a top hat.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Devils Affricate posted:

So all of you people in flyover states who drive camaros and trucks and poo poo, maybe you can answer something for me.

What would happen in the above situation if you just did nothing? I mean, you're both at the light, and some hayseed revs his truck engine. Keeps revving it and giving you dirty looks. The light changes. You simply drive forward at a normal pace and go on with your life. Is that even possible, or are you required, by flyover-state law, to race the idiot?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Croc Monster posted:

So all of you people in flyover states who drive camaros and trucks and poo poo, maybe you can answer something for me.

What would happen in the above situation if you just did nothing? I mean, you're both at the light, and some hayseed revs his truck engine. Keeps revving it and giving you dirty looks. The light changes. You simply drive forward at a normal pace and go on with your life. Is that even possible, or are you required, by flyover-state law, to race the idiot?

I guess southern California is flyover if you're going to China or something, but yeah it's not like I feel the need to race everyone, it's more just the fact that I can beat them by letting my foot rest naturally on the peddle

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes when I'm at a light and I need to get over asap to make a turn, I'll juke the other dude into racing me and then when he speeds ahead I just easily change lanes

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

quote:

A man charged with hitting and killing two women at a South Austin bus stop in March has been indicted.
Police charged 19-year-old Erick Nuncio-Moreno with two counts of manslaughter.

Police said Nuncio-Moreno was speeding while trying to drag race another vehicle on South First Street. He then he lost control of his car and crashed into a bus stop near Emerald Wood Drive.

An affidavit said 53-year-old Maria N. Gaona De Corona and 28-year-old Adriana Morales-Catalan were killed as a "direct and immediate result of the collision."

http://austin.twcnews.com/content/news/271868/19-year-old-indicted-in-manslaughter-case#sthash.zFFUDWYm.dpuf

I knew this guy from elementary school through highschool. lol

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

genesplicer posted:

I often wonder how many people with 4 wheel drive have actually taken their vehicles offroad. I'm willing to bet the percentage is fairly low.

If you live somewhere rural where mudding is a thing it's very high. Also mudding is loving stupid.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Salt Fish posted:

actually all porsche drivers are above average.

this but in every way not just at driving

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

Croc Monster posted:

They shoot you in Texas. The implication being you're a homosexual if you don't rise to the challenge

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
mustangs too

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I like my truck because I can force my way into a lane nice and easy. But I generally drive it slower and more conservatively than a zippy car. I think op is confusing assholes in cars with assholes in trucks.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i drive an SUV right now but when it finally blows up i might buy a pickup.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I don't mind the rear end in a top hat drivers as much as the middle-aged women driving Expedition-sized SUVs. That's who is going to kill you someday.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Cadillac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

SAY THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU NEED ME TO HELP MOVE YOUR COUCH LARRY

• Locked thread