Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Mike has cable and when you have cable you get [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC]. Because of [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC] Mike is now in [MASSIVE JUMP OF LOGIC]. And when you [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC] in your [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC], you get [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC]. Don't be like Mike and have to deal with [MASSIVE JUMP IN LOGIC]. Don't have Cable.

This truck is the truck for you baby! It's a truck that does THING, and THING is just like OTHER THING, and that means THING baby! So keep doing THING to be THING and the guy who loves THING in your huge new truck that is a metaphor for THING. (all of this narrated over a constantly shifting perspective flash animation that has the script of the commercial super imposed on top of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

not as much as the sound of you munching dicks all day

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Cars doing things that are clearly impossible no matter how expensive it is.

Local commercials that are made to be bad in a "haha, this is so cheesy!" Kind of way

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Verisimilidude posted:

Cars doing things that are clearly impossible no matter how expensive it is.

Local commercials that are made to be bad in a "haha, this is so cheesy!" Kind of way

it is really bad when local commercials are in on the joke that their commercials are

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
ANy time I see a black guy under 40 wearing a polo shirt and hanging out in a commercial I;m like,
"HAHA Nice shirt, RACE TRAITOR."

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Old Spice commercials

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Really rhe one I hate the most is when I have to choose which of the 3 or so options I "want" to hear more about and instead of automatically ending after a certain period of time it just chooses one for me. Biggest culprit in this regard is verizon.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
late night infomercials that entirely replace programming

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Life insurance ads are all over Australian TV and they're all just trying to exploit old people. Everyone speaks slow and clear like they're trying to teach grandma how to use the remote for the TV

"DO YOU REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS? When you could buy a week's worth of groceries for $2? Well that's how much our life insurance costs per week!"
"Buy it so your loved ones won't have to deal with the burden of spending $5000 to get your old oval office fried in a cheap pine box. You don't HATE your relatives do you? Why should they have to pay for you to be cremated? You selfish old bitch, spend the pittance you have left because your husband drank away your savings before he croaked on our life insurance"

Then there's some where they show a bunch of stock photos of people and make up stories about them, how they love each other and don't want their children to suffer the minimal financial burden when you die.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

luncheon meat posted:

Life insurance ads are all over Australian TV and they're all just trying to exploit old people. Everyone speaks slow and clear like they're trying to teach grandma how to use the remote for the TV

"DO YOU REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS? When you could buy a week's worth of groceries for $2? Well that's how much our life insurance costs per week!"
"Buy it so your loved ones won't have to deal with the burden of spending $5000 to get your old oval office fried in a cheap pine box. You don't HATE your relatives do you? Why should they have to pay for you to be cremated? You selfish old bitch, spend the pittance you have left because your husband drank away your savings before he croaked on our life insurance"

Then there's some where they show a bunch of stock photos of people and make up stories about them, how they love each other and don't want their children to suffer the minimal financial burden when you die.

how mcuh do loving shovels cost in australia?!?!?

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
We cremate everyone instead of burying because despite being a country full of vast wastelands the cemeteries have been full for like 50 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Verisimilidude posted:

Really rhe one I hate the most is when I have to choose which of the 3 or so options I "want" to hear more about and instead of automatically ending after a certain period of time it just chooses one for me. Biggest culprit in this regard is verizon.

I hate how they call it some dumb poo poo like advertising experience or jobs creating pictosquare

• Locked thread