Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

being twintail is suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

graybook posted:

I honestly chalked that up to some sort of "charge-up" effect because the colors are just way too far from the regular palette to seem like a simple mistake. At least, to me.

It's likely it was a colored place holder for the CG team to edit over with the actual colored effects but they likely ran out of time to do it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pyronic posted:

So which one of you is gonna check that QR code?

It's the same as last time:

Mikl posted:

The QR code shown in this episode is a web address, specifically the official Twintail LN site.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

wan wan

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Do English translations of the light novels exist?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

jassa posted:

Do English translations of the light novels exist?

Not at all, beyond fragments scattered here and there.

E: I'm slightly wrong, there's a tiny bit of work done in BT but it barely counts.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode. More QUALITY.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Apparently they're incredibly crunched for time, the 2nd airings have significantly improved visuals.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only raws I can find are the tbs ones which I assume are the ones we are getting from funi.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I don't think anybody has capped the fixed versions yet.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

New episode. More QUALITY.

The attribute power is being sapped from the show itself.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

Apparently they're incredibly crunched for time, the 2nd airings have significantly improved visuals.

Having Shirobako air at the same time provides a really good context as to how poo poo like this could happen

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Tarou clearly went on to work on this show. :argh:

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
My god it's been some time since I've seen QUALITY on the level of these recent episodes.

Still having a good time though. AOTS etc.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I just got the pun in "Mega Neptune".

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That needing to pee scene was really weird and creepy

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames

ninjewtsu posted:

Yes hello welcome to twintails enjoy your stay

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ninjewtsu posted:

I worry about Erina more and more each episode

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

graybook posted:

I worry about Erina more and more each episode

TELL ME TO STAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy

Poor Worm Guildy :negative:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Totally serious post-apocalyptic backstory-heavy drama anime So Ra No Wo To had an entire episode that was just one prolonged I-have-to-pee gag, this is nothing by comparison.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rexides posted:

Totally serious post-apocalyptic backstory-heavy drama anime So Ra No Wo To had an entire episode that was just one prolonged I-have-to-pee gag, this is nothing by comparison.

That also sounds weird and creepy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

That also sounds weird and creepy

Welcome to anime. Enjoy your stay.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
This is a show that just had a snail-man weep hot-blooded tears over the death of a humanoid worm-child in a miniskirt. How the gently caress are any of you able to take this poo poo seriously enough to be creeped out?

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

AnacondaHL posted:

All the budget for this episode went into coming up with the joke for the resolution of the gattai scene

Underwear missing?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can't be the only one who's laughing at the fact that the MC is completely surprised at the amount of work girls need to take care of their hair.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The difference between ideals and reality. The entire twintail dilemma is in fact a metaphor for the idealization of women in detriment of their identity as actual human beings and oh god I can't continue I am no good at this

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 21, 2014

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kyte posted:

The difference between ideals and reality. The entire twintail dilemma is in fact a metaphor for the idealization of women in detriment of their identity as actual human beings and oh god I can't continue I am no good at this

C'mon man you can do this. Say something as this parallels the Guildy's obsessive natures degrade women as mere objects to be attained rather than people with lives and agency.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Annointed posted:

C'mon man you can do this. Say something as this parallels the Guildy's obsessive natures degrade women as mere objects to be attained rather than people with lives and agency.

Except the guildies' act of taking away a singular, defining attribute leaves an intact person who is not defined by that single attribute and can thus be more fully realized as an individual. Their only loss of agency is in the loss of that one particular attribute. Perhaps the twintails, by essentially making people more uniform, are the real villains.

Deep.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I was hoping the guildy who loves small breasts would help Blue get over her inferiority complex, because it's kind of sad since she's otherwise the one sane person on this show and most obvious audience insert.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Annointed posted:

I can't be the only one who's laughing at the fact that the MC is completely surprised at the amount of work girls need to take care of their hair.
This experience will bring him to a new and deeper appreciation for twintails right when he needs the powerup next episode.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well that's the end. Honestly I found the series to be a fun send up to sentai shows, budget restraints aside it had this earnest feel to it. The show knows it's silly but revels in it's absurdity and actually manages to poke decent jabs at otaku culture.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

This year started with Zvesda and ended with TWINTAIL. This was a good year.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Fun fact: The twintails were Char.

I swear the VA budget must've been ridiculous.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The power of Twintails is eternal~

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kyte posted:

Fun fact: The twintails were Char.

I swear the VA budget must've been ridiculous.

You will see the twintails of time...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Twintails of Heroes Past

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And we end the series with what is pretty much a mid-season upgrade :allears:

This has been a wild ride. Extremely dumb show, but dumb in all the right ways and especially because it's hilariously self-aware. A serious contender for this year's "should not have been half as good as it was" trophy. Pity about the Beyond Jiggly animation in some of the episodes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Yea I never thought I would hear Char Aznable say "I am your twintail" Bless you Japan for making this happen.

• Locked thread