Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
What is kale? it's gods greatest gift to white people since the invention of hummus

Wikipedia defines this amazing plant as

a reputable indisputable good source of information posted:

Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

if you're walter white, you could have cured your cancer by eating this stuff. IT'S THAT GOOD

a reputable indisputable good source of information posted:

Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and rich in calcium. Kale is a source of two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin.[8] Kale, as with broccoli and other brassicas, contains sulforaphane (particularly when chopped or minced), a chemical with potent anti-cancer properties.[9]

Boiling decreases the level of sulforaphane; however, steaming, microwaving, or stir frying does not result in significant loss.[10] Along with other brassica vegetables, kale is also a source of indole-3-carbinol, a chemical which boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells.[11][12] Kale has been found to contain a group of resins known as bile acid sequestrants, which have been shown to lower cholesterol and decrease absorption of dietary fat. Steaming significantly increases these bile acid binding properties.[13]

BUT YOU DON'T HAVE CANCER? WELL EAT IT ANYWAYS

So lets get a KALE YEAH.

also, boobs

if you're a man trying to transition to a female, this will help grow you a vagina almost instantly. amazing stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

collard greens are better imo

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

How does kale taste in green smoothies? Right now I use spinach, pineapple and BANUNA and am worried kale might be too salty and strong-tasting to be palatable.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's not salty and it's not very strong tasting when it's raw but it has loads of fiber that will make you poo poo. big time

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

why the gently caress are you posting the lovely kale

protip: use this poo poo + strawberries or oranges to make a great salad

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

kale owns, grow some and stop eating dumb babby lettuce

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dino kale is way better than the regular variety but collard greens are still better than either

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I like to stir fry kale with sun-dried tomatoes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Feminition posted:

why the gently caress are you posting the lovely kale

protip: use this poo poo + strawberries or oranges to make a great salad

ye,s lacinato is the superior kale

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
I want to kale you all

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

I want to kale you all
heh ill always be 1 steps behind you and my other foot will be in your rear end in a top hat, scratching your prostate gently with my toenails

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i couldn't kale less

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
I can't give you anything but Kale, baby
It's the only thing that was for sale, baby

naem
May 29, 2011

I read a traditional Scottish fairy tale in which fairies try to lure a man into a fairy dungeon with visions of such delicacies as kale and oatmeal and "towering pillars of pork"

What I'm saying is that ancient Scotland- super boring

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

We're having a KALE OF A TIME!

naem
May 29, 2011

Also when you date a super skinny vegan girl and try to convince her that you are a vegetarian and she makes you a bunch of lentil and kale soup? Don't eat like a bucket of it and then get the worst gas of your life because forget about sex for a few days, v counterproductive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

a hole-y ghost posted:

heh ill always be 1 steps behind you and my other foot will be in your rear end in a top hat, scratching your prostate gently with my toenails

go on.... :q:

• Locked thread