Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Muttonchips posted:

I've basically resigned myself to this duty. I'm the one that can keep poo poo going, when the poo poo hits the fan.

Your 'readiness' kits would kick in at a time when you're going to be hosed in the end anyway. You'll survive 72 hours longer than me, with the last 48 of them being paranoid as poo poo that someone is going to kill you for your backpack.

That's why people think it's stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

bitchtard posted:

Even the fall of the Roman Empire was a gradual process that took hundreds of years. It's possible we'll meet mad max but we'll never meet the road warrior.
That's cool and all, but my kit is designed to sustain me until emergency services can arrive. My area is prone is natural disasters.

But that's cool to know you have 0 reading comprehension.

I'm going to go on a limb and assume that all of you idiots who don't keep these things have never lived in the North when roads can get jammed up?

Big Beef City posted:

Your 'readiness' kits would kick in at a time when you're going to be hosed in the end anyway. You'll survive 72 hours longer than me, with the last 48 of them being paranoid as poo poo that someone is going to kill you for your backpack.

That's why people think it's stupid.
Not really. Look at the flooding in Colorado when people were cut off from supplies for a few days. I mean, I'm sure there are DOOMSDAY preppers who think the lizard people are taking over, but it's really not that crazy to keep emergency medical supplies and water around the house. :shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Where in the north do you live where roads can get snowed in that's also prone to natural disasters that would require a zombie survival kit?

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Big Beef City posted:

Where in the north do you live where roads can get snowed in that's also prone to natural disasters that would require a zombie survival kit?
What the gently caress is a zombie survival kit?

You started out as an decent troll but now you're trying too hard. :what:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fine, your 'emergency readiness kit' or whatever you want to call it.
Answer my question.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
What do you guys think of Glocks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddP7IHHnM4A

I got to try my friend's Glock 19. It was really ugly, but the sights were surprisingly good, and it was the most accurate gun I shot today so IDK.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Muttonchips posted:

That's cool and all, but my kit is designed to sustain me until emergency services can arrive. My area is prone is natural disasters.

But that's cool to know you have 0 reading comprehension.

I'm going to go on a limb and assume that all of you idiots who don't keep these things have never lived in the North when roads can get jammed up?

it's cool to know that you are highly strung and think all posts are about you

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

bitchtard posted:

it's cool to know that you are highly strung and think all posts are about you

I messed up. My bad. Sorry :(

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Muttonchips posted:

My pack is basically like 95% water and MREs and 5% cool gadget poo poo. HTH. I've been looking into filtration systems, but I don't trust that poo poo.

check out the city kid

have fun carrying your 300 pounds of water and the food with the water still in it

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Let's talk about pumpkins.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

bitchtard posted:

Even the fall of the Roman Empire was a gradual process that took hundreds of years. It's possible we'll meet mad max but we'll never meet the road warrior.

well, if you want modern examples of states going to poo poo very quickly i recommend reading about the collapse of the soviet union and maybe about the collapse of yugoslavia

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Triple A posted:

well, if you want modern examples of states going to poo poo very quickly i recommend reading about the collapse of the soviet union and maybe about the collapse of yugoslavia

Look at the collapse of Iraq well I mean I think it's collapsing IDK.

Syria?

The middle east.

Wow.

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
How did you go OP ? How many muslim extremists did you shoot ?

Was the taste of freedom delicious ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Muttonchips posted:

If there are any of you who have never fired guns I feel so sorry for you.

0% of the people I know who have this attitude have ever in their lives laced up a pair of boxing gloves and stood in front of another person who has done the same and been punched by that person and if they did 99.9% of them would quit like bitches after one round of sparring

• Locked thread