Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmy9AlJzX4

Makoto Kazuki posted:

I'm going to get flamed and attacked real hard by a lot of you YouTubers, but here is my opinion on Race changes in these movies:

1.) I'm not trying to be racist here, but there truly is no other way that is going to come off. But why must EVERY character that gets changed from European, or any other Caucasian background be changed to be of black decent? Why can't we loving change it to be a Oriental? An Indian? Why must it be black? Explain.

2.) It's stupid to change the race of a character solely to appease racial matters. I get most people are angry that these super heroes aren't "Black" and they are mainly "white" but a lot of people aren't complaining that the heroes that are actually black aren't getting movies. People should be complaining about that and get writers to create a movie based on their respective races.

-as small as the list was because I decided I wanted to keep it brief so I can go into why I find these things to be racist all in themselves.

Just because characters are white, doesn't mean you should go and change them "black" just to appease that one race. Everyone in the Marvel Universe is being changed to Black, why? Why the gently caress must they be black? Why can't they be Chinese? Why can't they be Japanese? Why not Indian? Why not Native? If you say "Because they were enslaved for many years! So of course this has to be it!" then you're loving pathetic and that is a weak argument that I hear so often. So were the Chinese, and definitely the Natives. gently caress, The Natives are so few in numbers now that it is laughable to say African's have suffered worse than they have.

Johnny Storm's race is going from White to Black and that is just bullshit. I don't need to see black people rape my movies anymore. Diversify my loving movies by making them Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, or Native NOT loving Black just to appease people. gently caress it. I guess I should expect in about 2 more years to for Batman to be a Black man, or Superman to be a Black man JUST to appease black people. But who cares about Natives, or the rest of the world because well... Black people. loving done. gently caress it. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bill murray plays him and woody harrelson is his sidekick

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Michael Clark Duncan died because fox cancelled the Finder.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!

I sure am glad I was reminded to subscribe to Watchmojo.com to get my fix of top tens.

• Locked thread