Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

InterFaced posted:

I love this movie but how did Dr. Jones go from dancing on top of a floating submarine to infiltrating nazi submarine base in the next scene?
WWII era subs (and all modern non-nuclear) run 99% of the time on the surface or just below the surface to facilitate internal combustion. Presumably this sub did just that. Operating speeds of subs totally submerged is rather slow when only on battery power, which has a way shorter range as well. Presumably he manages to hang on somehow, maybe with his whip and then like water-skis behind the sub or something. The only reason I know this is because I did a ton of WWII history in school and a few papers on U-Boats but I still think he would have been killed from exposure pretty quickly since doesn't the sub appear to travel, like hundreds of miles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
Terminator 1 is better. Aliens is better. Die Hard 1 and 3 are better. The Killer and Hard Boiled are better.

Ronin is arguably better too.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcuaoDtYcUY

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
The Raid can be seen as cheap as $3 on Amazon. If anyone views the whole movie and doesn't feel like they got $3 worth, PM me, I'll Paypal it to them. It's one of the most underrated action movies ever, with perhaps only The Raid 2 moreso.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
any one of them except timecop

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Oh yea, forgot about the fifth element. It's got aliens, robots, cool space guns, no annoying kid, and a tiny bit of tiny titay.

Best Action Movie.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The Protector.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
District 9

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bullet3 posted:

Ronin is arguably better too.

Ronin has the best car chases in movie history, hands down (2nd place: Blues Brothers)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Driving Miss Daisy

she says the N word

Dave Thorpe Painting
Aug 9, 2004
Dictator of The World - 2033
Rosemary's Babby

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Both Raid movies lose me as soon as they abandon all weapons and just start kung-fuing each other for an hour. Maybe Indonesian gangs have a widespread Batman-esque fear of guns or something.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Dredd
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 5
Lethal Weapon 6

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

StoneOfShame posted:

Lethal Weapon 5
Lethal Weapon 6

Close thread, answer found

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Not enough people saying commando

Arnold hand feeds a deer, good film

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

why are there so few cool modern action movies

die hard with han solo

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
Aliens / Terminator 2 best ever with honorable mention to Robocop / Starship Troopers / Die Hard / Total Recall

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Senjuro posted:

Both Raid movies lose me as soon as they abandon all weapons and just start kung-fuing each other for an hour. Maybe Indonesian gangs have a widespread Batman-esque fear of guns or something.

They still have knives, claw hammers, baseball bats, etc. The knife work in both is unreal, and few things on film have made me cringe like the claw hammer fights in 2.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

gohuskies posted:

They still have knives, claw hammers, baseball bats, etc. The knife work in both is unreal, and few things on film have made me cringe like the claw hammer fights in 2.

It's still really dumb when you see baseball guy and hammer girl kill a bunch of gangsters and not one of them has a loving gun. Every time something like this happens the movie goes straight from gritty action film to anime bullshit territory.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

psyopmonkey posted:

Long kiss goodnight

i knew an answer existed i just hadn't remembered it yet, thank you psyopmonkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

gohuskies posted:

I haven't seen the Raid 2, but almost the entire last hour of Raid 1 were endless lovely unarmed slapfights. The knife work was indeed unreal, I have no idea why they had to take the Kung Fu route for the big bad guy fights. The brothers fighting that short guy might've dragged on for longer than Neo vs Smith.

• Locked thread