Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Highlights from the last thread:

quote:

I knew that for a case like this I'd need a piece.

I met the seller in the dark, smoky recesses of the food court at the mall. I'd spent a lot of time here, crawling from one binge at the hobby shop to another at the cinnabon. But I was done with that. They moved the yu-gi-oh cards from the left side of the store to the right, so now I buy them from amazon. And the cinnabon? Well, they'd changed the ratio of sugar to cinnamon they use on their bons. It's different now. They ruined it.

My demons haunt me no more.

This trip was a reminder, not a temptation. I'd never go back. Why did they move my cards? Just another case I couldn't close.

I saw the seller sitting at a table, a table designed for four chairs but missing one so there were only three. I took a chair from a nearby table that had five and moved it back to the table the seller was at. I sat down, making sure to adjust my seat so I was exactly in line with the table.

"B-Boner J-Joe 69?" I stammer, staring directly at the bridge of the seller's nose. It's a trick my therapist taught me to make people think I'm making eye contact. Gets em every time.

"That's me, kid." The man replies, casual, leaning back in a slouch, brushing cinnabon crumbs off his naruto shirt. I'd seen the shirt before, and thought about buying it, but now I was glad I hadn't. The site had said it was turqoise, but in person it was clearly sea green.

"We met on craiglist. I am here to buy. The piece."

"I've got it right here kid." he says patting a small, battered briefcase at his side.

"I am here to buy it. Also, I am not a kid, Boner Joe 69. I am a man now. My mother said I am a grown man." I try to do something authoritative with my hands, but I am not sure what I'm doing so I put them back in the pockets of my trenchcoat.

"Sheesh, don't take it so personal. You got the goods?"

"I have the goods. I am assuming the goods you mean are the cards in question. Because they are the only goods I have. I did not bring anything else."

"Well, hand em over, let me see." He curls his hand at me. I watch it for a moment. I think about what he said to me. There are crumbs round his mouth and I want him to wipe them off.

"N-no, I want to see the piece first." I reply, slamming my hand down on the table. A fat woman and her child look over at me and I mouth sorry to them. I have made a scene.

"Fine, jeez." He slides the briefcase over the table. It does not slide well so I pull it towards me from halfway across the table. I snap open the catches, and lay my eyes on the finest piece I've ever seen.

"T-the Colas Rail Freight Co-Co Diesel Class 56?" I ask, wanting to be sure.

"Yup."

"With DCC Sound?"

"Yup."

"H-h-take the cards." I say, slapping an envelope packed with three rows of five cards down on the table.

"Goodbye" I say, closing the briefcase and making to stand up from the table.

"Now hold on there, grown man." The seller says, smirking I think.

"Why?"

"I want to check the cards are all here." He says, greasy hands pawing open the envelope. He will get grease and sugar and cinammon on the cards.

"The cards are all there. Goodbye." I say, standing up again

"I know, but I want to be sure."

"You can count them later" I say, this guy is one tough negotiator.

I sit as he counts. He does it very slowly. It does not take that long to see the cards. He puts them back in the envelope in the wrong order. I alternate between fidgeting with my hands and jamming my hands back into my pockets to stop me fidgeting. I stare at a tile on the floor that is the wrong colour, furtively glancing now and then at the seller, and at the woman at the other table who had looked at me before.

"Well," he says after too long "Everything seems to be in order here chief."

He holds out his hand

"I do not touch hands. I am sorry. Goodbye."

I stand up from the table to leave, tripping a little over the leg of the chair as I go, but I do not think anyone notices. I clutch the briefcase to me and walk at 90% speed out of the place. This den of iniquity will take nothing more from me.

quote:

"Sam," he said. "Leave it well enough alone."

I stared at Dan's pen. I couldn't look him in the eye just then, and not just for the usual reasons.

It was a good pen. Fountain, gold on black dragon design. Me and the old gang got it for him back when he left the guild. Before it all got to be too much. Before it all fell apart and we all went our separate, tragic ways.

"I like your pen," I said. He winced. Definitely got him with that one. I'm not so great at reading emotion, but I'm sure he felt shame. Score one for Sam.

"Sam, I know we were friends. Are. Are friends. That's why I'm telling you to leave it. For your own good."

I kept staring at his pen. The curve of the dragon's spine. The delicate scales. I'm a big fan of dragons. I wondered if Dan really appreciated that pen as much as I would've.

"For gently caress's sake, Sam!" He raised his voice. It made me edgy. Bad memories dating way, way back. "There's just you and me now. We're all that's left. They got Tommy two years ago! He's gone. Won't answer his email. Hasn't been online. I finally called up his mother. Know what she told me? He won't touch the computer anymore. Too many bad memories. Wouldn't even tell him I called because it'd send him in a fit. Is that how you want to end up!?"

I didn't like him yelling at me. I knew I was winning - he'd lost his temper, but it was still real hard to take. The pen was something to focus on while it all washed over me.

"Fine." He jerked the pen away. That startled me, but he didn't notice. He was too busy with his ink-well ritual. "If that's how you want to play it, Sam, fine. There's a comic shop on the corner of Brice and Main. Not one of the big names. Little mom and son place, though she doesn't come downstairs too much. Here's the address."

He slid a paper over. I nearly took it when I saw his hand twitch. Don't worry, Danny. I remember. I leaned forward and blew on the ink. No splatters. No mess.

"It really is a nice pen, Dan," I said.

"I know, Sam." He sunk back into his chair. Tears stained his cheeks. "I know."

Paper in hand, I turned and walked out, leaving poor old Danny alone with his demons. I'd never see him alive again.

quote:

I found him half asleep at the bar in the Ace Tavern, a washed up grifter getting grifted by the bottle. Thousand drunks just like him at a thousand joints in this city but Larry was special. Larry was the last man to see Margaret Johnson before she disappeared.

I smiled widely as I approached.

“HELLO,” I said and hugged him. People like it when you hug them.

“Hey man, what is this? Get the hell off me!” Larry yelled, shoving me away.

“DO YOU LIKE THIS BAR? THE MUSIC IS VERY LOUD.” I put my fingers in my ears and grimaced to show him what I meant.

“What are you talking about? Who are you?”

“I'M SAM IT'S VERY NICE TO MEET YOU, MAY I SIT WITH YOU PLEASE?”

“Nah man, just go away. Just get the gently caress away from me, okay?”

“OKAY, I'M SORRY.”

I left the bar smiling even though I was quivering inside. I knew I could never go back there. Everyone had seen.

I spent the next three days rearranging my files to make pictures of dinosaurs and ignoring the ringing phone. When Mr. Johnson finally came by the office I screamed “I'M NOT FINDING YOUR DAUGHTER ANYMORE I'M TOO BUSY!” and slammed the door in his face.
Even LA's top Austic Investigator knows when to quit.

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
christ that's a lot of text

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I threw my fedora onto the sofa.

"Got anything to drink here?" I asked her curty.

"No..." she replied.

"Mind if I smoke?" I asked, pulling out my e-cig and lighting it before her reply.

"No..."

I pulled myself up to her and held her close.

"Mind if I take what I want?" I whispered.

"... Yes."

I frowned. The iPod inside the doll wasn't supposed to do that...

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
so you write pulp detective stuff but say that the guy likes reddit huh?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Phelps, badge twelve forty seven.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Is he allowed to meet internet celebrities? specifically ones that have a name that start with U?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

so you write pulp detective stuff but say that the guy likes reddit huh?

It's probably the worst thing i've seen in my life.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

no they will not posted:

It's probably the worst thing i've seen in my life.

i cant believe you read any of that tbh

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
I only read bits of the original thread, but it seemed very funny.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
on the minecraft wiki it says that cyan dye is a nonrenewable resource but actually it is

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Ungoldmine this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636034

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

This.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

argh.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
bookmark

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
what is this poo poo? go to fyad with all the other wannabe writers

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Gay Roads posted:

what is this poo poo? go to fyad with all the other wannabe writers

Please do not encourage the OP to post in fyad.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
go post in fyad OP

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
nooo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thou are foolish goons who sow shitposts among the effort threads (abe 27:10)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gary oldmans diary posted:

thou are foolish goons who sow shitposts among the effort threads (abe 27:10)

lmao

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

neo gbs was better when people just went along with thread topics instead of discussing how funny it isnt going to be

hahaha look at me caring about posting

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Stoat posted:

neo gbs was better when people just went along with thread topics instead of discussing how funny it isnt going to be

hahaha look at me caring about posting

kinda seems like that's what you're doing

but it's not for me to juche

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I ddidn't read any of it but it was probably bad

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I took a deep breath, leaned in close to the dame's ear and sultrily whispered, "ツ ♋ 웃 유 Σ ⊗ ♒ ☠ ☮ ☯ ♠ Ω ♤ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♡ ♦♢♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ ★ ☆ ✮ ✯ ☄ ☾ ☽ ☼ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☻ ☺ ۞ ۩ ♬ ✄ ✂ ✆ ✉ ✦ ✧ ∞ ♂ ♀ ☿ ❤ ❥ ❦ ❧ ™ ® © ✗ ✘ ⊗ ♒ ▢ ▲ △ ▼ ▽ ◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ◯ Δ ◕ ◔ ʊ ϟ ღ 回 ₪ ✓ ✔ ✕ ✖ ☢ ☣ ☤ ☥ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ ☪ ☫ ☬ ☭
卐™©® ¿¡½⅓⅔¼¾ ⅛⅜⅝⅞ ℅№⇨ ❝❞ ℃
∃∧∠ ∨∩⊂ ⊃∪⊥∀ ΞΓɐəɘεβ ɟɥɯɔи ๏ɹʁ яʌʍλ ч∞ΣΠ ⌥ ⌘
¢€£¥
➀➁➂ ➃➄➅ ➆➇➈ ➉
➊➋➌➍ ➎➏➐➑➒➓
ⒶⒷⒸⒹⒺⒻ ⒼⒽ ⒾⒿⓀ ⓁⓂⓃ ⓄⓅⓆ ⓇⓈⓉⓊⓋ ⓌⓍⓎⓏ
ⓐⓑⓒⓓⓔⓕⓖⓗ ⓘⓙⓚⓛⓜⓝ ⓞⓟⓠⓡⓢⓣ ⓤⓥⓦⓧⓨⓩ
㊀ ㊁ ㊂ ㊃ ㊄ ㊅ ㊆ ㊇㊈㊉㊊㊋ ㊌ ㊍ ㊎ ㊏㊐㊑ ㊒㊓㊔㊕ ㊖ ㊗ ㊘㊙㊚ ㊛㊜㊝㊞㊟ ㊠ ㊡ ㊢ ㊣ ㊤ ㊥ ㊦ ㊧ ㊨ ㊩ ㊪ ㊫ ㊬ ㊭ ㊮ ㊯ ㊰
℘ℑℜℵ♏η αβεℓℓα· ¨…¦┅┆┈
┊╱╲╳¯– —≡჻░▒▓ ▤▥▦▧▨▩█ ▌▐▀▄ ◠◡╭╮╯╰ │┤╡╢╖╕╣ ║╝╜╛ ┐ └┴┬├─┼
╞╟╚╔╩╦ ╠═ ╬╧╨╤ ╥╙╘╒╓ ╫╪┘┌
{。^◕‿◕^。} (◕^^◕) ✖✗✘♒♬✄ ✂✆✉✦✧♱ ♰♂♀☿❤❥ ❦❧
™®©♡♦ ♢♔♕♚♛★ ☆✮ ✯☄☾☽ ☼☀☁☂☃☻ ☺☹ ☮۞۩ εїз☎☏¢ ☚☛☜☝☞☟✍
✌☢☣☠☮☯ ♠♤♣♧♥ ♨๑❀✿ ψ♆☪☭♪ ♩♫℘ℑ ℜℵ♏ηα ʊϟღツ回 ₪卐™ ©®¿¡½⅓ ⅔¼¾⅛⅜⅝⅞℅
№⇨❝❞ ℃◠◡╭╮╯╰ ★☆⊙¤㊣ ★☆♀◆◇"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what happened posted:

go post in fyad OP

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I opened the door and entered.

The dingy room was dimly lit and smelled of everything but soap or cleaner. Faded, cracked posters of Hitler and anime lined the walls, unemptied wastepaper baskets filled to their tops with yellowed Kleenex beneath each of them. There were a few cheap wooden tables with even cheaper wooden chairs scattered around, and in each of the chairs sat the bottom dwellers of society, each of them staring at my silhouetted frame in the doorway.

One of them put down his well-worn copy of Game of Thrones. His appearance was pallid and the frames of his glasses twisted from being sat on too many times, and I supposed that among this bunch he’d be considered the bookish intellectual. He sneered at me and mumbled out, “Get out of here, Sam. We don’t want your type in here anymore!

Before I had a chance to say anything witty back to him, a creature who could have used a shave and a shower last year, sputtered out, “Ye-ye-yeah, Sam! G-g-g-get the f-f-f-gently caress back to The F-f-fyad! N-no room for y-y-you here!

This spitting was followed by a long fart that ended in a different kind of sputter. The room sat silently for a moment while friend and foe alike quietly acknowledged that the grown man had just poo poo his pants.

The silence didn’t last long though before a disturbed looking grinning man, dried and hopefully someone else's semen in the corners of his mouth, said, “No, hehe, The Fyad is too good for Sam here hehe!”.

Some lost soul in the dark uttered what could have been “Hitler was right…

I gritted my teeth and unclenched my fists. One of my hands mechanically unbuttoned my jacket and reached for the round butt of my gun.

Don’t,” came an urgent whisper to my right. The hand of an old friend, Gary, a decade older than when I’d seen him last month, reached for my shoulder and began guiding me back out of the room. Stoat, an old hat, was already out there looking at the ground and not enjoying his cigarette.

It isn’t worth it, Sam” continued Gary. “It’s New GBS…

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 21, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I rolled the dice over and over in my hand.

Two were your average D6, weighing 6 grams, but the others were obviously loaded.

I grinned across the table. "How about we do a little trade in light of our recent friendship? I use your dice, you use mine?" I said.

The hulking slob wiped the sweat from his pimply brow and I rolled without waiting for a response.

The bones showed three 4's, two 5's, and a lonely 6.

My grin widened.

"Power Armor is +3." I said.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
*plays anime heaven girl II: the rainbow sky chasers import on his PS2*

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HELLO DID YOU KILL SOMEONE?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
HELLO I AM WRITTER

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HELLO WRITTER HAVE YOU SEEN A VERY PRETTY WOMAN WITH SMALL FEET WIHT PURPLE NAIL POLISH IN WHITE SHOES AND PRETTY ANKLES?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Beneath the desk I closed my hand around my cold testicles and tiny, vestigial penis. It would be hours before lunch.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
The perp was breaking under my brutal interrogation.

"Could you p-p-please tell me where you put my Mikasa Ackermann body pillow?"

The man groaned as he looked up from his Samsung Galaxy 3. Looked like he was playing the original Asteroids online using Flash. I sniffed. Galaga on a Linux emulator was the superior game. Some of us have standards.

"Look kid, we just threw it over the fence out back. Okay? We were just messing with you. Now beat it."

I narrowed my eyes and took a drag from my e-cig. That residential chain link fence behind the establishment was at least four feet tall. I'd better perform my field polygraph before committing to that exertion.

"Sir, could you tell me the value of pi?" I whispered after 5.3 seconds of awkward silence brought on by my terror of social interaction.

"Uhh, 3.14? Why?" he asked weakly. I had him now. He knew it. I knew it.

Nobody thinks it has only two decimal places. What kind of amateur did he think I am?

"Now see here, sir--" I began.

"Number 237, your order is ready!" The cashier called out. The man turned away from me, got his McFlurry with M&M's, and walked out the door. drat. I wouldn't lose him so easily next time. I pulled out my iPad and went back to browsing TVTropes.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
:gas:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Adbot