Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

serious norman posted:

Hmm might try that OP.

i think youre confused ur the op, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Iggy Koopa posted:

They actually both cause physiological changes to your brain so yeah there is more physical dependency, especially with alcohol wrt delerium tremens etc, but food addiction can be real and awful, from what i understand

Quitting cake cold turkey won't kill you.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm addicted to alcohol IRL

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i think youre confused ur the op, op

alcohol is a hell of drug

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

The-Mole posted:

For most alcoholics it won't either, you have to be so far down the rabbit hole for effects for alcohol withdraw to kill you. Honestly, if you're that far gone you may as well just keep drinking because your liver is hosed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Don't. Quitting cold turkey is stupid.

Try buying spirits which you don't love, but still enjoy.

When you feel like a drink it's a lot easier to stop at one or two.

Develop willpower, then stock your favourites and TRY NOT TO gently caress UP THIS TIME.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Drink it all so that there will be none left.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior or keep drinking.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

The-Mole posted:

Right and if he's deep into the dts he should seek professional help. But the way your brain works is the same for both things.

Under an fmri taking down a pot at poker is the same as doing blow

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Replace it with a heroin addiction?

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
OP are you drunk right now?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why would you want to quit drinking at all in the year 2014

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

ethanol posted:

why would you want to quit drinking at all in the year 2014

especially since now there might not be a year 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

ThisGuy posted:

Right and if he's deep into the dts he should seek professional help. But the way your brain works is the same for both things.

Under an fmri taking down a pot at poker is the same as doing blow

drat dude, wish i had some blow right now

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

serious norman posted:

i want to stop buy alcohol in various forms and shapes and ptting the containers to my mouth and pouring it in there how do i stop for-ever? what are the secret techniques

Lol.. if you can't quit drinking 4ever, them maybe try quit drinking 5ever ahahah

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The-Mole posted:

that's exactly what i was saying bro

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

definitely marijuana

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

:rznv:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cigarettes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if u can't handle being sober but you don't want to die: marijuana

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Why would you ever want to stop? We're all gonna die unhappy and empty so why bother dealing with reality? However I do advise limiting yourself to beer and wine, because it's easier to control yourself and only drink enough to get drunk, i.e. not blow your liver up for no good reason like with whisky and all that poo poo. Only ever buy enough alcohol to get you drunk one single time, don't buy multiple bottles because you're gonna want to drink more once you're drunk and that's not gonna be good.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wine is cool

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
antabuse. you'll never have a choice again!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pochoclo posted:

Why would you ever want to stop? We're all gonna die unhappy and empty so why bother dealing with reality? However I do advise limiting yourself to beer and wine, because it's easier to control yourself and only drink enough to get drunk, i.e. not blow your liver up for no good reason like with whisky and all that poo poo. Only ever buy enough alcohol to get you drunk one single time, don't buy multiple bottles because you're gonna want to drink more once you're drunk and that's not gonna be good.

this is something awful not something enable, get outta here

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
the next time you want to take a drink, just, instead, don't

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

the next time you want to take a drink, just, instead, don't

:eyepop:

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Alcohol is a legal drug, and one of the worse drugs on the human body, but legal.

Your heart stops.

here is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ehDtwFR34 the ff7 boss music, you want help, don't look for it.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Muttonchips posted:

Examine all the pros and cons, decide which is more important to you.
here's the problem with that - when i was drinking i did this exact exercise.

i examined all the pro and cons and concluded that alcohol was more important than a good job, friends, romantic relationships, and family.

what i am saying is, an alcoholic in the middle of his addiction is not capable of making that kind of assessment in any "rational" way.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ibogaine

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I couldn't get weed tonight, this thread encouraged me to get drunk thanks op

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Nm I'm drunk but it all still suck, abort

Suicide seems slight more attainable
Tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Drink so much you wake up the next morning and say "I'm never drinking again" boom problem solved

• Locked thread