Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
I cannot get my media center PC to do audio over HDMI. It's currently only doing audio through optical out or 3.5mm jack.

The media center PC is using a Core i3 4330, and MSI B85I motherboard. No graphics card, I'm just using onboard Intel HD4600 graphics through the Core i3 4330. All my drivers are up to date.

It's running Windows 8.1 and it's hooked up to an LG 60PB6650. The TV doesn't have Optical IN, and I can't do more than 2 channel audio through the 3.5mm jack so I'm in a bind here without HDMI audio working.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarc
Jul 25, 2014
Both ends have to be configured for the audio that you're trying to move through it. I haven't dug into the manuals for what you have, but if say you were trying to send 5.1 from the comp, but the tv was configured to only accept stereo over the hdmi, then you wouldn't get a connection. I ran into that when I had game console hooked to monitor...monitor could only accept stereo audio over hdmi.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
I ended up getting this working. I installed an older version of Intel Graphics drivers from MSI's download support page for the motherboard.

However, it looks like my LG TV doesn't support 5.1 Passthrough, as my computer is only allowed to send a Stereo signal to the TV.

So still no 5.1.

• Locked thread