Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

SHISHKABOB posted:

oh im sorry, it's aye carumba?

I dont know spanish so the words are difficult for me to tell a part. Is cowabunga even a spanish word I dont think so.

i think its nipponese or somthing, idk :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

same

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

MondayHotDog posted:

He famously refused to be on the DVD audio commentaries, so one time they called him up while recording and talked to him on speakerphone for a few minutes before telling him he's on the DVD, to which he responded "Too bad this isn't really John Swartzwelder".

yeah I was gonna type that but didn't want to seem like the kind of person who has sat around watching like 9 seasons of the simpsons dvd commentaries.

but I am :smith:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

luncheon meat posted:

yeah I was gonna type that but didn't want to seem like the kind of person who has sat around watching like 9 seasons of the simpsons dvd commentaries.

but I am :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 22, 2014

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

behind the laughter episode

2meta4me

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Moe is a disgusting creep.

Please disregard the 14 episodes where we are shocked to learn he has a heart of gold.

I can't recall if it was Simpsons or Family Guy that did that "creepy man is actually a good guy" trope first, but as much of a lackluster as Family Guy is, what I've seen of what they do with Quagmire is done a lot better. Glen keeps his sleazy-kinky-horndog sex life straightforward and semi-open, and yet somewhat private. (If they wrote him as hitting on his female co-workers it would wreck the character.) Also, that Brian call-out.

Moe's best moments were in the boxing episode. Outside of that, he should've been kept strictly background, like Bumblebee Man.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think Moe's characterization was fine in the classic era. It was later on that they started constant jokes about him attempting suicide and stuff that took it to far.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Trees and Squids posted:

it may have been a little late, but I decided that the simpsons was poo poo and I was done with it when they had blink 182 and tony hawk guest star for the 300th episode. that was real bad...

Yea even in my 13 year old mind this was the episode I watched and realized how bad the show had gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

Moe's best moments were in the boxing episode. Outside of that, he should've been kept strictly background, like Bumblebee Man.

The Boxing Episode was excellent.

The jokes were good, and it actually had a bit of heart to it.

• Locked thread