Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Animal-Mother posted:

I still think Louis CK is funny but I'm glad it's popular to think he's a hack now because that amuses me more.

Well you're amused because you're stupid since nobody has said he's a hack except for your own dumb rear end, we're just lamenting the latest season just isn't good

Frankly I wish I was as easily amused as you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
i really like the last scene of the last season where louie gets in the tub with the nice lady and we all get to see his revolting irish body and rear end and then the water overflows the tub for like 5 minutes. that was worth the whole season of mediocrity

and even at its worst s4 of louie was way better than 99% of television. take a minute to realize that there are millions of people watching dance moms and jersey shore and stuff, we are so blessed to have louie. even when is show isnt hilariously funny there are still great moments like when he goes into his apartment and beats the poo poo out of his piano

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Agag posted:

Bill Hicks died from this.

Well that and the fact that Dennis Leary stole his material and did it with such better delivery and emotion that only the most pedantic folks would complain

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I wouldn't call myself a pedant, I just think Dennis Leary is a douchebag of epic proportions who deserves to be a quadriplegic who never gets to enjoy the sensation of independence again. I seriously loving hate Dennis Leary. Not even for stealing Hicks' jokes, that's the icing on top of the cake as far as I'm concerned. I just really really loving hate the guy for being who he is.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Alla'dem words means you are a pedant.

Makes you think...

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah this is my point. I don't really have anything against Louis C.K. but if he really wants to inherit the mantle of George Carlin like he so clearly wants to it's time for him to put up or shut up now that his initial climb to fame has peaked.

Carlin had the same problem, all the praise of him telling it like it is got to his head and over the years he went from "haha words are spelled differently than they're pronounced, isn't that whacky?" to "God's not real and politics are dumb -wacky face-" to "uuugh fat people are bad because backpacks, caring is for fags stay home and jerk off instead -stroke noises-"

If anything Louie being based on optimism rather than Carlin's pessimism will probably be as asset in the long run, because even when he stops being funny he can still be arty and sincere enough to make weird no-budget films that he can sell directly to fans

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

seriusly, tho. no way it's worse than season 4 of the walking dead

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah when Louie season 5 comes out on Netflix I'll probably watch it. I have no desire to sit through another episode of Walking Dead again though.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

Agag posted:

Bill Hicks died from this.

he was a sack of poo poo that never actually told jokes and wasn't funny at all and deserved to have cancer or whatever killed him probably aids.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Guancho posted:

he was a sack of poo poo that never actually told jokes and wasn't funny at all and deserved to have cancer or whatever killed him probably aids.

Bill Hicks literally shaking over freshman-level heckling will never not be funny

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i cant belieb anyone watched walking dead past s2. i made it halfway & only that far bc it was something i watched with a couple friends. they kept watching & lived to regret it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always thought the big joke from the fat girl monologue is when she is sort of trying to make it out like it isn't her fault that she's fat and some people go jogging past her.

I like the artsyfartsy drama a ton. When he goes to try and meet his dad and his suicide friend are my favorite episodes, and I love basically every scene where louie is a good dad.

I also think the camera work and the depth of field/focus play he uses in S2/3 is top notch and don't understand the complaints about how he micromanages. I love the show, the script and the way its shot, that is why i keep watching.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Mulefisk posted:

louie is a good standup and a bad actor

insisting on managing every part of the show himself was just a bad idea because he's bad at it.
I feel like I stopped caring about his comedy once the shock factor of some pudgy dude saying all these wicked awful and vulgar things wore off.

Everything he does, Bill Burr does better. :colbert:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i agree with the OP. archer season 5 was better ffs

the only good part about Louie season 4 was the wiseass doctor. his quote about the only thing happier than a three-legged dog (a four-legged dog) is wisdom for the ages

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 22, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like when he went on Opie and Anthony and kept asking Donald Rumsfeld if he was a lizard.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mind the walrus posted:

I wouldn't call myself a pedant, I just think Dennis Leary is a douchebag of epic proportions who deserves to be a quadriplegic who never gets to enjoy the sensation of independence again. I seriously loving hate Dennis Leary. Not even for stealing Hicks' jokes, that's the icing on top of the cake as far as I'm concerned. I just really really loving hate the guy for being who he is.

Hes a good dude

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

loving oval office

just finished the 155 episode story arc about dating the foreigner and we're launching into a 2 episode 80's drama where louie warns against the dangers of smoking weed at a young age

fucks sake louie

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like when he went on Opie and Anthony and kept asking Donald Rumsfeld if he was a lizard.

that was pretty funny

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Don Tacorleone posted:

loving oval office

just finished the 155 episode story arc about dating the foreigner and we're launching into a 2 episode 80's drama where louie warns against the dangers of smoking weed at a young age

fucks sake louie

the weed storyline was the only good thing about season 4, actually happened to him IRL, and loving lol if all you take away from it is "drugs are bad"

it's really cool seeing the dude with a lumpy potato head that Hollywood spent the past four years trying to convince is leading man material is actually a p. good actor when he wants to be

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

the weed storyline was the only good thing about season 4, actually happened to him IRL, and loving lol if all you take away from it is "drugs are bad"

it's really cool seeing the dude with a lumpy potato head that Hollywood spent the past four years trying to convince is leading man material is actually a p. good actor when he wants to be

renner is p good in the town

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

he's a great actor but he's really unfortunately short

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jeremy Renner? He's 5'10". That's not short. Robert Downey Jr. is shorter and he's the highest paid movie star in the world atm. Tom Cruise is up there too and dude is even shorter (though he notoriously keeps trying to hide it).

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

notorious height-hider tom cruise

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Torka posted:

he's a great actor but he's really unfortunately short

vs.

lmao

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

witches are p. cool

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

and here I thought Louie season all sucked

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

That segment was pretty funny, but that and all similar shows are the ultimate in lowest common denominator trash.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

he's got a really good casting person. like that science teacher for example was instantly believable. or that bully's dad. gotta say though i don't think pamela adlon is very good and i think would never be on the show if they weren't collaborators/friends.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bolek posted:

he's got a really good casting person. like that science teacher for example was instantly believable. or that bully's dad. gotta say though i don't think pamela adlon is very good and i think would never be on the show if they weren't collaborators/friends.

the bully dad/bully son ep was one of the few non-comedy episodes which were legit good

like that kind of stuff was best by itself instead of in arcs

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the catholic guilt ep was alright too

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bolek posted:

the science teacher going to be phillip seymour hoffman but he died before they started filming :/

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

...of SCIENCE! posted:

the science teacher going to be phillip seymour hoffman but he died before they started filming :/

He knew how bad the season was going to be

I finished watching the whole season today, last few episodes pick up a little bit but it's still mostly depressing instead of mostly awkward funny situations and observations like the previous seasons

It's all right I'm sure next season will be better

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The weed episodes sucked. Jeremy Renner was the only good thing about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No. 6 posted:

and here I thought Louie season all sucked
the three-parter where Louie trains to replace David Letterman was excellent. if the show continues to suck people will probably point to that as the "jump the shark" moment

• Locked thread