Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I've played this game dozens of times and the killer changed each time. I appreciate it for the sake of replayability, but who was the canonical killer supposed to be? This question has bothered me for over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Miss Peacock. Of course. :ms:

EDIT: Spoiler tags

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

ElegantFugue posted:

Miss Peacock. Of course. :ms:

EDIT: Spoiler tags

Best part of that movie was that each of the endings there was shown at different theaters back when it was first released.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

Best part of that movie was that each of the endings there was shown at different theaters back when it was first released.

Someone was supposed to keep the joke going! :argh:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Mr. Boddy, in the bedroom, with the rope.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why, it's YOU, OP!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Anyway, Serious(Clue)LorePosting, the actual official canon murderer is everyone, but Mr. Green got the final kill on Mr. Boddy in the Hall with the Revolver.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Why, it's YOU, OP!

Haha, okay buddy, that sounds like less of a suggestion and more of an accusation.

ElegantFugue posted:

Anyway, Serious(Clue)LorePosting, the actual official canon murderer is everyone, but Mr. Green got the final kill on Mr. Boddy in the Hall with the Revolver.

Is the movie canon, though? I'd love for the explanation to be that simple but have we ever gotten word from the publishers or designer on this?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

So we may have been sending innocent people to their doom this whole time? Dark.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lottery of Babylon posted:

While it may have looked like auto-erotic asphyxiation, in reality it was a ninja gang bent on ruining his reputation. And who is the only ninja in clue? Mr. Boddy.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Is the movie canon, though? I'd love for the explanation to be that simple but have we ever gotten word from the publishers or designer on this?

They've never denied it. After all, they did explicitly point out that that was what REALLY happened. Until we hear otherwise from a canon source, it's going to be hard to argue against it. :smug:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Among serious cluethusiasts it's generally accepted to be Colonel Yellow/Mustard, do to the 1945 letter between Pratt and Watson, discussing the elimination of several characters, and Pratt's insistence that Colonel Yellow couldn't be cut due too his importance in the narrative.

Serious scholars don't consider the movie to be canon. The producers did very little research and did not contact any well regarded experts.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
All this talk about a Clue movie has me hankering for a remake... c'mon Michael Bay, show us your stuff :getin:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Wasn't it the Republicans?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dre2Dee2 posted:

All this talk about a Clue movie has me hankering for a remake... c'mon Michael Bay, show us your stuff :getin:

"Colonel Mustard, in what used to be the conservatory, with twelve bricks of C-4."

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Beerdeer posted:

Wasn't it the Republicans?

No, conservatism was just a red herring.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Goddamnit it would the perfect movie for a man of his talent!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Ahhh, you're all playing with the Colonial version.

In the UK version he's not "Mr Boddy" (sounds like an insurance salesman), he's the much cooler-sounding "Doctor Black".

Amusingly, at least one version named the victim Dr John "Black" Boddy, explaining that he acquired the nickname from his youthful exploits with his uncle

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It was Candlejack.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

It was Candlejack.

Candlejack? Candlej

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Did anyone else watch the British TV show? One of my favorite game shows, right up there with Supermarket Sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I mean, we already have a confession.

• Locked thread