Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This thread is about things we regret/feel guilty over but that we reasonably shouldn't because they're not really a big deal.

I remember I was probably about 8-9 years old and my dad, sister, an myself were playing a friendly game of poker at our dining room table. Earlier that day I had walked to the corner store and purchased a handful of butterscotch candies. I had offered my dad the last one and he declined, so after a bit I ate it. I probably hadn't told him it was the last one because after awhile he was like 'hey you know actually I wouldn't mind that candy'. I felt really bad bc it was gone. He probably didn't even care & only said something to the effect of 'aw shucks' but that always stuck with me

So 20 years later I made a thread about it in GBS

You can also just post regular things you feel guilty about even if you think you deserve to if you would like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
i read this thread

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
jk i actually didnt

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Steampunk iPhone posted:

i read this thread

drat i really should have seen that one coming, but in all honesty this is why you have to check thread OPs first

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This guy was all make sure my epi pen stays in the fridge and I didn't and when he needed it he asked if it had been in the fridge and I said yes it had even though it hadn't

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i left a trail of self absorbed heartbreak and devastation in college and now it is i who is alone

wait i should probably regret that

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I regret never taking anyone's virginity

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mookface posted:

I regret never taking anyone's virginity

to my knowledge i have never done this, though i have been with a couple of girls that i suspect are considerably less casual abt sex than i am

I also don't regret this and maybe a better thread would be things you don't regret that you probably should

but alas, thats what separates the white noise chaff from the good gbs posters

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Almost everything.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
legally changing my name to ultimate war master

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I am pretty high atm but I have committed to roleplay as two different characters in this dnd campaign

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
when i was like 13 i was all about aim and i was mad at my dad over something and i had my away message set as "i hate my dad"

my dad gets AIM for the first time and he's super excited about IMing me i guess and IMs me and the auto reply goes "i hate my dad"

he's never said anything about it but i've always thought about that and it is like 13 years later

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
also as an adult i love my dad and i have nightmares about him dying

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

FordPRefectLL posted:

when i was like 13 i was all about aim and i was mad at my dad over something and i had my away message set as "i hate my dad"

my dad gets AIM for the first time and he's super excited about IMing me i guess and IMs me and the auto reply goes "i hate my dad"

he's never said anything about it but i've always thought about that and it is like 13 years later

thats pretty hosed up. i bet he thinks about it too

thanksgiving is close at hand. you should talk to him about it

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

eating 50 chicken nuggets in one sitting. no actually gently caress it i don't regret poo poo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I am pretty high atm but I have committed to roleplay as two different characters in this dnd campaign

that seems pretty difficult tbh, i messed around w dnd about 10 years ago and found it was too much paperwork

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i feel p bad about the time i pissed on a dead cop

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i feel p bad about the time i pissed on a dead cop

why

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

FordPRefectLL posted:

i guess in true E/N fashion we might as well continue talking abt our dads

I remember when I was pretty young, probs ~10, my dad and I were playing a PC game together. We were playing X-Wing (the original) and I would man the keyboard controls (shields, lasers, targetting, etc) and he would fly. He commented that it was really cool and fun that we did this stuff together and that he was sad because some day i would hate him

it was inconceivable to me and i remarked as much

i dont hate him but my dad has done some hosed up poo poo & i havent spoken to him in a number of years now, and my sister didnt even invite him to her wedding

really more his fault probably but i still feel like it was an accident on his part & he only lucked out being right

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i've never met my father. i guess i regret not finding him, but he's probably an rear end in a top hat.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

i hosed the clubfoot but not the midget

o wait i got tht bkwds

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shouldn't have waited for it to die first.

E Should have done a poo poo.

Ee whoa

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

my dad is a completely distant rear end in a top hat but we still have a good relationship and get lunch every week and politely not discuss anything serious

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

katlington posted:

Shouldn't have waited for it to die first.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sweet Tea posted:

eating 50 chicken nuggets in one sitting. no actually gently caress it i don't regret poo poo

did you really do that? i just had 20 and i didnt feel 'stuffed' per se i just felt regret

im gonna be 100% honest tho they were BK nugs and i think if they were wendys or mcds i would have been a lot happier

E: can somebody pls tell me the nutrition facts on 20 bk nuggets pls (didnt really use dipping sauce, tried a bit and it made it worse)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ignoring the now obvious signs of interest from a girl who turned out to be a nutcase

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I didn't accept a blowjob from a 15-16 year-old girl I had just met when I was 17 and hanging out in the park my senior year of high school. She was cute and really horny but she had this weird ultra-"beta" style friend who was hanging out behind her and I was just like "wtf is his deal he looks miserable to see you making out with me." She said to ignore him but I was all "I've got to go do homework." In hindsight it probably was the smartest move but to this day I'm like "no effort blowjob why did I pass that up?"

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

mind the walrus posted:

I didn't accept a blowjob from a 15-16 year-old girl I had just met when I was 17 and hanging out in the park my senior year of high school. She was cute and really horny but she had this weird ultra-"beta" style friend who was hanging out behind her and I was just like "wtf is his deal he looks miserable to see you making out with me." She said to ignore him but I was all "I've got to go do homework." In hindsight it probably was the smartest move but to this day I'm like "no effort blowjob why did I pass that up?"

Do not brood over your past cocks and cucks as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mind the walrus posted:

you made the right call my man.

i dont think theres anything wrong w a 15/16/17 year old doing things w genitals w each other but that poor friendzoned kid had seen enough

Viggen posted:

Do not brood over your past cocks and cucks as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.

also this p much

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i had a boyfriend who was 15 when i was 17.. hosed up but it is true

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

did you really do that? i just had 20 and i didnt feel 'stuffed' per se i just felt regret

im gonna be 100% honest tho they were BK nugs and i think if they were wendys or mcds i would have been a lot happier

E: can somebody pls tell me the nutrition facts on 20 bk nuggets pls (didnt really use dipping sauce, tried a bit and it made it worse)

wendys

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

i had a boyfriend who was 15 when i was 17.. hosed up but it is true

I was dating 19 year olds when I was 15, older women have cars and stuff.

first time i ever bought a woman sexy lingerie too.

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
i regret not donating to doobie

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

my dad is a completely distant rear end in a top hat but we still have a good relationship and get lunch every week and politely not discuss anything serious

This is kind of sad man. My dad and I go to concerts and smoke weed and get so shitfaced that we don't even remember cabbing home and we stay up until four am drinking more and watching YouTube clips of the wire

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Kidsolo posted:

i regret not donating to doobie

lol but if you did you would have ducked right the gently caress out of gbs

god im not gonna lie i miss the doob/shitizen thread. good group of posters imo

E: for the most part. there were some hosed up things in there, mostly involving his wife/kids/whatever. not the DSL guy though, that was legit a joke and if goons in gbs 2.0 cant recognize that gently caress em

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 21, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Viggen posted:

That's just the one I regret but probably shouldn't. The time I accidentally passed up a no-effort threesome? If I don't regret that one then I really do deserve to have my dick chopped off.

Fetus Tree posted:

you made the right call my man.

i dont think theres anything wrong w a 15/16/17 year old doing things w genitals w each other but that poor friendzoned kid had seen enough

That and the fact that when a girl offers you sex that easily you're naturally suspect. Still thanks that's reasurring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

This is kind of sad man. My dad and I go to concerts and smoke weed and get so shitfaced that we don't even remember cabbing home and we stay up until four am drinking more and watching YouTube clips of the wire

jealous. he has good stories but is too old and fat and sad to do anything fun

• Locked thread