Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

My cat shuffled off his mortal coil.

This was him in alive days:

Lemme see dem cats. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I really miss him.
This movie I'm watching is nuts.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I lost my cat in 2012. I don't think I ever moved past the denial stage. He was the best cat.

Cat vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSvIdBNa5k

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Cat vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdGA9B13Aw

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Cat vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYcG9wp3qc0
(my cat didnt do this)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
My cat was a complete dick. He hated everyone, got into fights, and his face was completely scarred up. He loved me though. I didn't show him too much attention, just enough. He could lay on me but scratch anyone else that approached him. He was hit by a car about half a year ago. I still can't get another cat to this day.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I miss y'all's too. For real.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've been slowly turning into the crazy cat house because the hovel across the street got knocked down and the ferals need somewhere to live like a garage box because they had some kittens and needed to be spayed or neutered so they got caught and spayed and neutered and they try to sneak in all the time because two are identical to one of the domesticated kittens who lives inside

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm really sorry to hear about your cat, OP. I lost one of my two dogs back in July. My condolences.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

amityville anus posted:

I've been slowly turning into the crazy cat house because the hovel across the street got knocked down and the ferals need somewhere to live like a garage box because they had some kittens and needed to be spayed or neutered so they got caught and spayed and neutered and they try to sneak in all the time because two are identical to one of the domesticated kittens who lives inside

Send them here. Also, I aim to live in a hovel but don't. Currently.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Too many feels about cat death in this thread

gonna go hug my cats (i have 3 no they are not for sale)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

op pour out a can of tuna for your fallen homey

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
my family had a cat when i was growing up and she was the sweetest warmest friend any child could ask for but once i hit 11 and started going through puberty i couldn't find any wetter a hole- cutting a hole in my Balto stuffed animal and loving it was not going to work any more

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

Send them here. Also, I aim to live in a hovel but don't. Currently.

I typed that with one of the four cats that look identical on my lap I suspect it's faking affection so it doesn't have to sleep in the box that says CATS ONLY in my garage.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm really sorry to hear about your cat, OP. I lost one of my two dogs back in July. My condolences.

July is rough enough down here. But! All dogs go to heaven so it is okay. But it still sucks.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I.C. posted:

July is rough enough down here. But! All dogs go to heaven so it is okay. But it still sucks.

not sure what dogs have to do with your dead cat

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Prodigal T-REX posted:

I was just sympathizing because I lost a pet too.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

gnarlyhotep posted:

I was just sympathizing because I lost a pet too.

GOD YOURE SO INSENSITIVE GO LOOKUP GOATSY AND DIE

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm sorry that was the Zoloft talking

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
hey look over there

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Prodigal T-REX posted:

It's hard to have a homeboy die on you, be they cat or dog.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I.C. posted:

It's hard to have a homeboy die on you, be they cat or dog.

word

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
My cat growing up was born very close to the same time as me...she used to pounce on me and chew on my head as a baby. She was a weird rear end polydactyl who got declawed as a kitten, but she still tried to fight everything with her giant paws. She used to sit up and box me in the face when I antagonized her too much, but she was always my cat. When I was 11, we found out her entire insides were cancer, and she only had a little while to live. I basically had to carry her around for the last few weeks of her life, and found her dead hanging halfway out of the kitty litter one morning. Max was a bitch, but I'll always miss her a little.

I had another cat for a couple of years- Orion(O'ryan, according to his original parents...what the gently caress kind of name is that for a black cat?) who I kinda rescued from a co-worker's daughter's trailer back in alabama. He freaked me out the first time he got outside and ran up the street, but most of the roads on base were basically deserted, and he came back when I whistled. He battled it out with my dogs through their puppy years, and stayed chill with them. He tried to sleep with me every night, which was actually kind of annoying, because he would lay on my chest and knead constantly, so I had to have like two sheets and a blanket on to keep from kicking him out. He was a hateful destroyer of birds too. After I moved off base, he'd get out every few days and dismember every bird he could get his paws on. One time he bolted out of the front door as my girlfriend and I were leaving for work, sprinted across the neighbor's yard, jumped up into their little cherry tree, and came down shredding a bird in his claws. Another time, that girlfriend took some leave to work around the house, and called me up one day to scream about what my cat had strewn all across the front yard. It was birds. Just the whole front yard covered in the decaying remains of small birds. God, I miss you, Orion...

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
My cat was about 22 years old this year. One day this summer I visited her and she got really peaceful looking at the pond. I petted her for a while. The next day she walked outside and never came back. My mom thinks she got hit by a car. My dad thinks she got scooped up by a hawk. I don't like either of those stories. I like to think she strolled around her turf for an hour or two, found a nice cool spot in the shade to lay down in and took a good, long cat nap.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

slowm posted:

My cat was about 22 years old this year. One day this summer I visited her and she got really peaceful looking at the pond. I petted her for a while. The next day she walked outside and never came back. My mom thinks she got hit by a car. My dad thinks she got scooped up by a hawk. I don't like either of those stories. I like to think she strolled around her turf for an hour or two, found a nice cool spot in the shade to lay down in and took a good, long cat nap.

Cats like to wander off to hide before they die. A couple of my friends lost their teenage cat in their admittedly messy townhouse, but she never turned up anywhere, alive or dead. Stay safe, cat ghost

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Sorry about your cat, OP. This is my cat. Her favorite activity is for me to pet her while she's eating.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
My cat has thumbs. Gonna go pet him now.

Sorry bout your cat :smith:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Some cats are assholes, some cats are cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj73JF_bhjc

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
i think it's some kind of universal law that all nerds must own a cat or two. sort of like how goths need to wear goth clothes rather than something that looks good in any way.

maybe nerds should branch out and get owls and unicorns and finish the wizard cosplay

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cat's in my sig, OP:

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
Has anyone said "How are you gentlemen"? Because that would be funny. I guess that guy up there posted that picture and that is close. Even funnier would be "Meow are you gentlemen" I suppose.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
my cat died two weeks ago today. he never even acted sick, so it was a total surprise. Still kinda rough :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

• Locked thread