Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so loving nervous about this game. I picked it at the start of the season as a Packers loss and honestly even with the Saints at 2-4 this poo poo worries me. After all, it's in New Orleans and the Saints just don't lose home games. They're 0-4 on the road but 2-0 at home.

Also, Sam Shields is still out and I still just don't trust the Packers defense. They've forced a LOT of turnovers and maybe if they can do that Sunday I won't have heart palpitations like I did the last time they went on the road. poo poo, That Miami game gave me about 37 heart attacks in the last 5 minutes and if Miami played that well all the time we'd be talking about how they're going to take over the AFC East and be serious playoff contenders.

I think the same thing is going to happen tomorrow. The Packers aren't 0-4 on the road but they're not a great road team either. They won that cardiac game against the Dolphins and they beat the poo poo out of the Bad Bears, but also got spanked in Detroit and Seattle. The Bills won in Detroit and the Cowboys won in Seattle. In both of those the Packers didn't just lose, they got blasted.

This is a huge game for both teams. A win going into the bye sets up the Pack nicely at 6-2. But a loss for the Saints digs an even deeper hole in the fight for their division, and I think Brees and crew are going to come up big to keep that from happening.

I'm still picking my team but ugh. Our best corner is gone against one of the best QBs in football, and the Saints are playing with their backs against the wall. This will probably require some Magic Rodgers Bullshit to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I think a lot of it depends on whether your secondary shows up and whether or not Breesus throws one (or more) of his magic 4th quarter interceptions if they're playing from behind.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Packers are going to roll the Saints.

Even if New Orleans can keep pace for a while I don't see any way they can slow down the Packers at all.

Remember how clueless the Panthers safeties looked? Yeah, that's New Orleans.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not too worried about the Saints defense. I'm much more worried about the Packers defense. Yeah, they played well against bullshit like the Panthers, Bears and The Christian Ponder Vikings (lol Ponder is so loving bad), but Ryan loving Tannehill almost beat them. In NO, this isn't some NCAA bullshit QB (Well, Cutler and Newton aren't either, but they had bad days like they often do). This pass rush is mediocre at best, our secondary is missing its best player, and while the Saints don't have a top tier RB, we suck against the run and even a scrub like Ingram can probably punish us.

It's going to be a shootout and I just can't help but think the Pack may end up on the wrong side of it. Where can we get one of those Dallas O-lines? Man, if we had that poo poo, we'd be 7-0 and probably run the table.

Seriously could you imagine the Packers with the Cowboys OL? Holy loving poo poo. Lacy would run for 1500 yards. The defense would just have to keep the other team from scoring 40 points. 19-0 bitch.

loving Cowboys. You know what though, I'd be fine with them winning the Super Bowl this year. I always wanted Romo to have a ring. He loving deserves it. I can't believe I'm saying this but if the Packers can't do it (lol they can't) let's go the loving Cowboys.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 25, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

Not an empty quote. Also if you're a Packer fan questioning whether or not Magic Rodgers Bullshit will show up if you need it, then you don't deserve it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

loving Cowboys. You know what though, I'd be fine with them winning the Super Bowl this year. I always wanted Romo to have a ring. He loving deserves it. I can't believe I'm saying this but if the Packers can't do it (lol they can't) let's go the loving Cowboys.

Romo/Rivers superbowl please

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Gross.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

The scary thing for the Eagles here is that the Niners/Hawks/Cards all play defense very similarly, and the Niners D absolutely shut the Eagles down despite being about half backups. The Cardinals are, so far, better at the same style this year, and Philadelphia is unlikely to have 3 defensive/special teams TDs this time. I think they're a good team but I don't like their chances against Arizona and Seattle.

Although, in the Eagles favor this game our offensive line is no longer playing "lucky fan from section 700" so things probably won't be as anemic as they were against San Fran.

I hope.

I'm so loving nervous for this game.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Ross how could you :negative:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

axeil posted:

Ross how could you :negative:

I like Rivers and Romo

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
The team has gelled so well on both sides of the ball.

I have the opposite feeling about this game then on week one.

Sour Diesel posted:

Ozzie knew what's up.

He's actually a decent blocker, which Pitta was never really great at. So we'll see if he can catch.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't think we can move the ball adequately enough to win without at least a solid pass catching TE, so Gillmore's ability to convert first downs is going to be a major key in this game tomorrow. Our WR corps just isn't enough to win games on its own. If only our Steve Smith as much of an asset as he is was the same player he was 10 years ago.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I would be stoked for a Romo/Rivers Super Bowl. I grew up in Dallas and currently live in San Diego. :)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Dude I am SO loving down for that

but if it was Rivers/anyone but Green Bay I'd have to root for Rivers. He's the one motherfucker in the league with no rings who I'd want to have one even MORE than I want Romo to have one.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Franks Happy Place posted:

Robinson is better than Hurns IMO. Its a shame they lost Blackmon, those two + a half dozen games when Shorts was healthy would be deadly.

Allen Robinson loving owns

THe Steelers are going to get crushed by the colts

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Kawalimus posted:

If only our Steve Smith as much of an asset as he is was the same player he was 10 years ago.

My brain hurts

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My brain hurts

That wasn't well stated but I think my point was clear enough. We need a guy at TE who can convert first downs for us cause our receiving corps isn't good enough to do that on its own.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Roasted Donut posted:

Andrew Luck could literally take snaps from a law chair and not get touched

You guys are hosed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Even if New Orleans can keep pace for a while I don't see any way they can slow down the Packers at all.

Remember how clueless the Panthers safeties looked? Yeah, that's New Orleans.

I thought "wellllll, they are at home, that's gotta be big", then saw they've played 2 home games, a tepid win over a Vikings team in a poor state and OT against the Buccs.

Eww

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fenrir posted:

I'm not too worried about the Saints defense. I'm much more worried about the Packers defense. Yeah, they played well against bullshit like the Panthers, Bears and The Christian Ponder Vikings (lol Ponder is so loving bad), but Ryan loving Tannehill almost beat them. In NO, this isn't some NCAA bullshit QB (Well, Cutler and Newton aren't either, but they had bad days like they often do). This pass rush is mediocre at best, our secondary is missing its best player, and while the Saints don't have a top tier RB, we suck against the run and even a scrub like Ingram can probably punish us.

It's going to be a shootout and I just can't help but think the Pack may end up on the wrong side of it. Where can we get one of those Dallas O-lines? Man, if we had that poo poo, we'd be 7-0 and probably run the table.

Seriously could you imagine the Packers with the Cowboys OL? Holy loving poo poo. Lacy would run for 1500 yards. The defense would just have to keep the other team from scoring 40 points. 19-0 bitch.

Come on, now. The heat and the Dolphins good defense were a bigger threat than Tannehill. The Dolphins are a better team than the Saints at this point anyway.

Jimmy Graham is still playing hurt. He didn't get a single catch last week. The rest of their receiving corps is mediocre and their running backs are dinged up by injuries. It'll take some serious Brees Bullshit for them to win.

Remember: their defense is WORSE than Carolina's.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 25, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Dude, Tannehill looked loving all-pro in that second half. The first half he was poo poo, yeah, he threw two picks and that's probably the only reason the game was close enough for Rodgers to pull that magic endgame drive out of his rear end.

And nothing Tannehill could ever do will come close to Magic Drew Brees Bullshit, which worries the gently caress out of me with Shields out. I know their defense is rear end, and I'm not worried about the Packers scoring. I'm worried about OUR defense holding up and it not being a game of "who gets the ball last wins".

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Mark Ingram seems to be healthy though, and he's been the main back so far this season (and actually looks not like garbage so far). Khiry being out isn't a huge deal and PT has been pretty limited this season anyway. Saints run game has looked OK to good so far this season. Not that it's much of a factor since Payton isn't happy unless Brees slings it 40+ times in a game so :shrug:

Also like TubeStank said our receivers are incredibly mediocre this season. They are old and/or bad for the most part, except for Brandin Cooks for which it's too early to tell, but I have to say I'm wishing we had taken that Kelvin Benjamin kid instead.

All that said, I remain optimistic. It's at home and the DL played a lot better last week even if it was against a poo poo OL. If Ingram can have a good game and we catch a few breaks then maybe we can win. If not, most likely the rest of the division will lose to the Packers too so it will be a wash in terms of playoff implications.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think we can move the ball adequately enough to win without at least a solid pass catching TE, so Gillmore's ability to convert first downs is going to be a major key in this game tomorrow. Our WR corps just isn't enough to win games on its own. If only our Steve Smith as much of an asset as he is was the same player he was 10 years ago.

The line is fully healthy so there's always running the ball

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Teddy Bruschi the half man half god half possible centaur has released his defensive index.

It's a very interesting take and PFF and FO can suck the GOLDEN GODS dick.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Roasted Donut posted:

Makes sense. The Steelers are, again, very Evil. The Colts, on the other hand, are fairly Good. Sure, they have a skeezy owner, but that's really the only flaw for them. Justice will be served to the wicked tomorrow.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

pasaluki posted:

Teddy Bruschi the half man half god half possible centaur has released his defensive index.

It's a very interesting take and PFF and FO can suck the GOLDEN GODS dick.

Just because I was confused by this post here's the link to Teddy Bruschi's index.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
lmbo the Seahawks

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Magicpants posted:

lmbo the Seahawks

Pretty much this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have to question any defensive metric that has the Texans at #4 and the Cardinals at #22

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

KettleWL posted:

Just because I was confused by this post here's the link to Teddy Bruschi's index.

oh yeah sorry I didn't link that haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

I have to question any defensive metric that has the Texans at #4 and the Cardinals at #22

Yeah this index is pretty terrible all around.

• Locked thread