Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Bad Sneakers posted:

are there any poc on npr at all? cause sometimes it can all get a little embaressing
audie cornish is black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i have been thinking about forming a political party, do you think terry gross would have me on fresh air?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Bad Sneakers posted:

are there any poc on npr at all? cause sometimes it can all get a little embaressing

does adam davidson being a gnome count

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

BONGHITZ posted:

i have been thinking about forming a political party, do you think terry gross would have me on fresh air?

write a book and convince news networks you are serious (easy) and you're golden

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

holy guacamole this site is excellent.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

extra-granola members got super-crunchy

lmbo

reading
Jul 27, 2013
seriouspost does anyone know where the feminism thread is? I haven't been able to find it for like a year. It used to be in E/N but now that YOSPOS is the LF refugee camp I figured someone here might know.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

welcome to the feminist thread, keep your posts short

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

reading posted:

seriouspost does anyone know where the feminism thread is? I haven't been able to find it for like a year. It used to be in E/N but now that YOSPOS is the LF refugee camp I figured someone here might know.

try fyad, p/c, or e/n

or the gas chamber

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

reading posted:

try qcs maybe?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

LastInLine posted:

audie cornish is black

wrong, she's a cornish hen

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
bring back lf

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

lol lf. like they would ever bring that back.

pssh

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

BONGHITZ posted:

Probably not.

My cousin's husband wrote a book about designing book covers. He got to be on Fresh Air.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
all things considered (hehe little npor pun 4 u there) whenever commercials come on the radio i change to one of my several PUBLIC RADIO statyions some of which might be NPR affiliates and well lets just say once the dial goes below 90.1 it never goes back. once it gets that low, it never gets high again. ? its in a crater ? not sure

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

don't make McCaine the mod though

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

anteater4prez

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

axolotl farmer posted:

anteater4prez

these niggas don't understand our politics son
y'all'd best be rollin' outta the 2-0-1

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smythe posted:

all things considered (hehe little npor pun 4 u there) whenever commercials come on the radio i change to one of my several PUBLIC RADIO statyions some of which might be NPR affiliates and well lets just say once the dial goes below 90.1 it never goes back. once it gets that low, it never gets high again. ? its in a crater ? not sure

we have four public radio stations here in the portland area and only half of them are OPB/NPR affiliates

89.1 (jazz, opb), 89.9 (classical, and independent), 90.7 (KBOO, granola), then the big OPB/NPR boys at 91.5

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still don't know if the guy is named "mark o'urman" or "marco urman" and i like it that way

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
the christian station is just slightly past npr on my tuner. sometimes it's be 30-45 minutes of subliminal jesus before i realize it

reading
Jul 27, 2013

Werthog 95 posted:

i still don't know if the guy is named "mark o'urman" or "marco urman" and i like it that way

I had to look up Jad Abumrad because I couldn't stand not knowing if its Jada Bumrad or Jad Abumrad.

Robert Krulwich is a pretty cool name (and also a very public radio name)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bad Sneakers posted:

the christian station is just slightly past npr on my tuner. sometimes it's be 30-45 minutes of subliminal jesus before i realize it

you know you spend a lot of time at the bottom of the dial if you can discern if something is Christian contemporary without actually hearing lyrics

they have the most consistent, overproduced, glassy, cardboard sound

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh my god listening to howard camping on family radio in 2010/2011 was the best

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

reading posted:

check your toilet

because that's where all of your poo poo belongs

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?

Jonny 290 posted:

bahaha
oh dude this just makes it straight funny
btw put "beers with 290" on your calendar some time next 2 wks

yessir

and i'll tell you about the time my ex calls up forums poster TenementFunster at 12am and asks if he has any weed. spoiler: he farts in the bag.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh for fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
a few weeks back the cbc radio 1 ottawa afternoon show had some dork explaining to alan neal that actually, it's about ethics in games journalism and i had to pull over for a little bit

• Locked thread