Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I have rage quit an entire boardgame - Battlestar Galactica. My weekly group used to play it quite regularly but the last game my group played was a disaster for me. Immediately (first player) in the game one of the players accused me of being the Cylon (which I wasn't) and shouted and screamed until someone threw me in the brig.

And there I sat, never escaped. The entire game I bitched and complained - and it got nasty (on both sides). After about an hour it to the game people started to complain to me that I can reveal and get out of the brig. I get nastier and sit out portions of the game when not my turn, I get called names and a poor sport. The game ends after almost five hours - first player who accuses me was (of course) the [a] Cylon and humans lost. I announce that that no matter how much I like the Battlestar Galactica game (and I do like it) I will never play it again (this has extended to all long games with the traitor mechanic).

Two years later this has held and because I host the weekly game nights that group stopped playing it entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
My game nights pretty much devolve into playing Cards Against Humanity or Munchkin whilst drinking Jameson straight out of the bottle.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sounds like you taught them a lesson, OP. I guess they won't ever "Tigh" you down like that again.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP you must have a full filling life with lots of friends

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it's a good game and will make you hate your friends, yeah

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Don Tacorleone posted:

and it got nasty (on both sides).

It's not a successful BG game until someone loses an ear

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
It was all part of God's plan. Also, maybe you were an angel.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
All of this has happened before
and will happen again.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
AIR LOCK AIRLOCK AIRLOCK lol

goddammit gently caress you guys

I'm Ex o-ing you to go gently caress yourself

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S HOLDING A LOT OF CARDS

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
i wish i had enough friends or family to play boardgames with.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kukash posted:

me too

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Kukash posted:

make friends with ghosts and play ouija board with them

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SirEvelynTremble posted:

make friends with ghosts and play ouija board with them

This is a bad idea don't mess with ghosts.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ghosts are cheating assholes

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
sometimes when i am really drunk i can almost play a game of checkers against myself.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Applewhite posted:

This is a bad idea don't mess with ghosts.

May I introduce you to a lil' friendly ghost named Casper

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
nerd

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'M JUST SAYING you've only jumped us 1 distance for 2 jumps in a row...

just saying...

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
BSG is a pretty fun game. Find less poo poo people to play it with OP.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Applewhite posted:

Sounds like you taught them a lesson, OP. I guess they won't ever "Tigh" you down like that again.

can i just quote this bad pun forever

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Melchior posted:

My game nights pretty much devolve into playing Cards Against Humanity or Munchkin whilst drinking Jameson straight out of the bottle.
Munchkin loving sucks.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

numberoneposter posted:

Munchkin loving sucks.

Looks like I'm drinking alone this friday night

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CommonTerry posted:

can i just quote this bad pun forever

Just don't expect an act of contrition from me when my puns don't make the final cut. I'm only flesh and bone, after all.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Munchkin loving sucks.

It gets old fast but for people who aren't really into super detailed games it seems to be one people pick up fairly easy.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is super fun, but lots of setup. Changes every time you play. Quarriors is fun too but I was fairly buzzed when attempting to learn it. It's somewhat complicated. We did a six or seven player game of M:TG once and it lasted like three hours so that was right out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Melchior posted:

It gets old fast but for people who aren't really into super detailed games it seems to be one people pick up fairly easy.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is super fun, but lots of setup. Changes every time you play. Quarriors is fun too but I was fairly buzzed when attempting to learn it. It's somewhat complicated. We did a six or seven player game of M:TG once and it lasted like three hours so that was right out.
just play rummy instead you drat nerds

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I have sex instead of playing Autistic Go Fish.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
It sounds like OP needs to lighten the gently caress up.

My wife and I have friends over to play this, everyone gets smashes, allegations are thrown around all night and no one ever has a whiny baby fit because accusations are part of the game.

[edit: I got suckered by a fakepost didn't I]

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Every board game mentioned before this post in this thread is loving terrible. Also 7 people in one game is a terrible waste of time unless you're playing a game designed for large player counts*. Break that poo poo up in a 4 and 3 player group. Jesus loving christ nerds learn how to nerd right and punch anyone in the face who suggests playing munchkin.

*if you don't want a traditional party game try Jamaica, space cadets dice duel, bang the dice game (NOT THE CARD GAME), or any of the 100000000 coops that have come out in the last 4 years.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

4outof5 posted:

Every board game mentioned before this post in this thread is loving terrible. Also 7 people in one game is a terrible waste of time unless you're playing a game designed for large player counts*. Break that poo poo up in a 4 and 3 player group. Jesus loving christ nerds learn how to nerd right and punch anyone in the face who suggests playing munchkin.

*if you don't want a traditional party game try Jamaica, space cadets dice duel, bang the dice game (NOT THE CARD GAME), or any of the 100000000 coops that have come out in the last 4 years.

hurr durr everyones opinions but mine are wrong *turds fall out of mouth*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
could just play poker I guess too

munchkin suuuuuucccckkkksss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Melchior posted:

hurr durr everyones opinions but mine are wrong *turds fall out of mouth*

whatever you say tom vasel