Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

it starred timothy dalton as the titular character and it had both great practical effects and great villains (joe don baker played an arms dealer and some stoic german dude was the muscle).

the opening music was by a-ha when they were big. it holds up as a really good song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXM4eIoPZUU

if you're a young person and you grew up on that pierce brosnan guy in goldeneye or daniel "i'm mother loving stoic" craig, i'm sorry but you missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

It was pretty awesome. It had cello races and trucks falling out of airplanes. I don't know why the Dalton movies are so looked down upon.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

It was pretty awesome. It had cello races and trucks falling out of airplanes. I don't know why the Dalton movies are so looked down upon.

the soviet airfield/mujahidin raid and subsequent homage in the Uncharted series...

it was right on the border of when productions would spring for practical effects like the scenes with the cello and the harrier RAF jet.

timothy dalton made 2 really good movies and poo poo went way downhill after that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
tld was actually one of my least favorite, it was p boring. i'd take all the moore films over it because at least they're campy-bad

on the other hand, license to kill is the best bond movie :getin:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Xaris posted:

on the other hand, license to kill is the best bond movie :getin:

License to Kill is my favorite also. I love the final sequence. Fighting atop an entire truck convoy on a dangerous road with air support. Should be in a video game.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Chum Scandal posted:

it starred timothy dalton as the titular character and it had both great practical effects and great villains (joe don baker played an arms dealer and some stoic german dude was the muscle).

the opening music was by a-ha when they were big. it holds up as a really good song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXM4eIoPZUU

if you're a young person and you grew up on that pierce brosnan guy in goldeneye or daniel "i'm mother loving stoic" craig, i'm sorry but you missed out.

Sorry, but Golden Eye was the best Timothy Dalton bond movie, followed by Living Daylights and then License to Kill.

e: If the studio that made bond movies didn't go tits up it would have been the Golden Eye story with Dalton playing 007 and Alan Rickman as 006... or the greatest bond movie ever made.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 23, 2014

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

A view to a kill was the best bond movie, sorry op.

It had Duran Duran, grace Jones and Christopher walken so obviously the best.

Tld is a good move though and Timothy Dalton was the best bond imo.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Op is true. It also had the best fight scene because it was also one of the best stunts, not only in a Bond film, but any film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SP5sAM5do

None of your green screen bollocks going on there my friends. Those stunt dudes really were hanging out the arse of a C-130.

Props also to the milk bottle fight scene, because it at least showed agents other than Bond being halfway competent for a change.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I just remember a super-young Benecio Del Toro in License to Kill.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Vitamins posted:

It had Duran Duran, grace Jones and Christopher walken so obviously the best.

Tld is a good move though and Timothy Dalton was the best bond imo.

I am so convinced of this I thought it was the name of the thread.

Moonraker and live and let die are also awesome.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Dalax posted:

Op is true. It also had the best fight scene because it was also one of the best stunts, not only in a Bond film, but any film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SP5sAM5do

None of your green screen bollocks going on there my friends. Those stunt dudes really were hanging out the arse of a C-130.

Props also to the milk bottle fight scene, because it at least showed agents other than Bond being halfway competent for a change.

seriously this some awesome poo poo and they literally won't make these kind of scenes anymore because of cost and insurance.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Vitamins posted:

You obviously never watched it.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
That A-Ha song is, without a hint of irony, pretty good

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

That A-Ha song is, without a hint of irony, pretty good

seriously it is

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
TLD has one of the best looking Bond Girls too, and honestly, I really dig that green Aston Martin.

Though Live and Let Die had Dr Quinn Medicine Woman in it.

• Locked thread