Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My posting is powerful beyond reason. I studied under sages whose names thunder through the ages.
They taught me the arcane incantations to summon the wild and hoary maelstrom forces of primal creation.
The words of power are branded on my soul: I'm gay.

Opening your mind and realizing that you are also gay is the first step towards enlightenment.
Crossing the threshold requires the bone-deep knowledge that everyone is gay.
The last gate to storm, the true and pure joy of zen ken, the mantra of the transcendent man: gently caress this gay earth.

Just raw dog that bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
I know gay people that actually talk and think like this.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Gay people don't cause global warming global warming causes gay people. Their exclusive outfits of mesh shirts and shorty shorts are proof.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
Yeah man. If you're gay you should just come on out. I'm sure people would through you a party and stuff.

Phaxtor
Sep 18, 2014

by XyloJW

ZergRushing posted:

It's more common than I would have thought and it sort of reminds me of feminists who preach woman dominance -- and not the awesome bedroom kind.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

Phaxtor posted:

It's more common than I would have thought and it sort of reminds me of feminists who preach woman dominance -- and not the awesome bedroom kind.

I think it's more a thing of women having slightly different strengths than dudes. Add that to the fact that it's a resistance movement, and you get a stronger sell than "hey women might be good at thing in a different way than dudes are'.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The weather is hot

like men.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I think they're disgusting spurting their filthy stuff all over the place

We should make volcanoes illegal

Phaxtor
Sep 18, 2014

by XyloJW

ThisGuy posted:

I think it's more a thing of women having slightly different strengths than dudes. Add that to the fact that it's a resistance movement, and you get a stronger sell than "hey women might be good at thing in a different way than dudes are'.

I can definitely see that, I just get fed up with all the articles posted on social media about how men should do more than women because that is equality. Or even worse, the ones who poo poo on other women for disagreeing.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

Phaxtor posted:

I can definitely see that, I just get fed up with all the articles posted on social media about how men should do more than women because that is equality. Or even worse, the ones who poo poo on other women for disagreeing.

It depends on the context, really. You can "poo poo on other women" in the sense that you have differing opinions. I think that's a pretty legit thing to do in an academic, debating the thinking, context. It's just a hard topic to talk about because it's such a part of who you are, and everything you say about it can potentially reveal something about the way you live your life. Which I would argue is a good thing, because hopefully you get called on it at some point and are forced to reconsider your view

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i gave gaia GRID

we shoot up crude and share oil rigs

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
my favorite way to turn straights gay is after we hook up on scruff and have really intense NSA sex with each other they tell me they actually have a girlfriend and i roll my eyes.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

cis-a-cis

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsinava posted:

my favorite way to turn straights gay is after we hook up on scruff and have really intense NSA sex with each other they tell me they actually have a girlfriend and i roll my eyes.

Was this before or after you paid them handsomely for their time

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i dont have to pay anyone. i'm actually pretty cute looking and im trying to use it before i lose it if you know what i mean.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

ZergRushing posted:

"other people secretly have the same sexual orientation as me" - every human being ever

Phaxtor
Sep 18, 2014

by XyloJW

ThisGuy posted:

It depends on the context, really. You can "poo poo on other women" in the sense that you have differing opinions. I think that's a pretty legit thing to do in an academic, debating the thinking, context. It's just a hard topic to talk about because it's such a part of who you are, and everything you say about it can potentially reveal something about the way you live your life. Which I would argue is a good thing, because hopefully you get called on it at some point and are forced to reconsider your view

While I understand that, and agree with it to vary degrees -- I typically find that it is used to berate a persons actually beliefs of a subject and frequent bullying tactics get used in an attempt to shame them into agreement (or submission really). I do think that self reflection is incredibly important in debates and the ability to recognize the need to reconsider ones views is integral. This isn't type of discussions that are typically found on social media outlets -- which is where my frustration comes from. There is no way to have a civil debate or differing opinion, with someone who uses nothing but fallacy filled argumentative tactics and popularity contests to "win". All in all, I do agree with what you are saying -- I think we are just looking at different "versions" of the subject, if that makes any sense.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i poo poo on women bc they ask me to

Phaxtor
Sep 18, 2014

by XyloJW

Drink Cheerwine posted:

i poo poo on women bc they ask me to

I appreciate that contribution to the subject. Pics or it didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cripes!

• Locked thread