Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I love the kid but Finnegan is not just as nasty as HDH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

FairGame posted:

Aaa d the royals announcer still doesn't emote
I'm pretty sure that his call for a game-winning HR in Game 7 for the Royals would be "Good game, we'll see you in March when Royals meet the White Sox for the first game of a 3-game series." I know that people in KC worship him, but he's boring as gently caress to listen to.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vegaji posted:

I'm pretty sure that his call for a game-winning HR in Game 7 for the Royals would be "Good game, we'll see you in March when Royals meet the White Sox for the first game of a 3-game series." I know that people in KC worship him, but he's boring as gently caress to listen to.

He's an acquired taste I guess, he's been around since the Royals became a team and I love him.

But no, he wouldn't do that, he'd just let the crowd talk. There's evidence of this if you want to find it and it was actually really cool.

e: Well evidence of the end of game 7, not the home run thing.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 25, 2014

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

He's an acquired taste I guess, he's been around since the Royals became a team and I love him.

But no, he wouldn't do that, he'd just let the crowd talk. There's evidence of this if you want to find it and it was actually really cool.

e: Well evidence of the end of game 7, not the home run thing.

I can not find a clip of this anywhere. It's an amazing call.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I love the kid but Finnegan is not just as nasty as HDH.

Dude has - as of right now - only a few less career postseason innings than career regular season innings.

The simple fact that he didn't vomit blood after taking the mound at age 21 in a high-pressure, WS situation, and instead worked out of a crazy sticky jam, is enough for me to give him a pass for the rest of the postseason.

At this point, he's simply one of the many insane stories of the Kansas City bullpen and I just don't know what else to say.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hell screw this situation, the fact that he didn't implode in that completely ridiculous WC game was amazing. Still I think that Fox talking head was being dumb, although he did go on to correctly note that Davis has been amazing all year.

fknlo posted:

I can not find a clip of this anywhere. It's an amazing call.

Here you go. It's queued up for the last out but the whole ninth inning is there.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Hell screw this situation, the fact that he didn't implode in that completely ridiculous WC game was amazing. Still I think that Fox talking head was being dumb, although he did go on to correctly note that Davis has been amazing all year.

Here you go. It's queued up for the last out but the whole ninth inning is there.

There's another one from this postseason where it's X-2 and he's all "I'll let the crowd tell you how it goes". Then the crowd erupts and he casually says "It was a strike in case you were wondering". Pretty awesome call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

fknlo posted:

There's another one from this postseason where it's X-2 and he's all "I'll let the crowd tell you how it goes". Then the crowd erupts and he casually says "It was a strike in case you were wondering". Pretty awesome call.

Part of the issue now is Denny being a penny-pinching curmudgeon who's upset about being a salaried employee.

He's working a few weeks longer and not getting paid extra.

• Locked thread