Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Inzombiac posted:

Hey, OP.
You can totally make your own big thread for your game. Even though you made it, the only it is an issue is when a developer isn't upfront with their involvement.

Take that CityScape (is that the name) game that is being made by one guy who also made the thread. He's been really transparent and people are very excited.

I'd love to see a thread for this game. I bought it awhile back, I think it was either on Steam sale or in a bundle, but it was a pretty early build and I had no idea what I was doing. I died and gave up pretty quickly and haven't really fired it up again. It would be real helpful if you posted a thread with a "Getting Started" explanation of what to do when you start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'd love to see a thread for this game. I bought it awhile back, I think it was either on Steam sale or in a bundle, but it was a pretty early build and I had no idea what I was doing. I died and gave up pretty quickly and haven't really fired it up again. It would be real helpful if you posted a thread with a "Getting Started" explanation of what to do when you start.
It's out of early access so it should be fairly easy to understand and get going. Haven't played it myself but yeah.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
What did you do on pixel piracy again?

Do the developers think it's kinda weird you're calling their hard work a buggy mess?

The keys are a nice gesture though.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a cool thread, it's great to see a dev appreciating the community so I just went and bought the game. I had been thinking about it for a while and probably would have picked it up in the next Steam Sale if it was discounted so this was all the motivation I needed to push me over the purchasing cliff.

Well, I also saw this article earlier today which you wrote about Early Access. I despise Early Access because it has become a cesspit of unfinished perpetual alpha garbage so it's nice to hear a dev speaking out against that bullshit.

And as went I went to buy it, turns out I had a 25% off voucher in my Steam inventory somehow. Life could not get any better!

I know you already said you don't need the £7 £5.25 but you got it anyway. Try not to spend it all at once I guess.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 25, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tried too many times with codes people hadn't marked as taken in the android games thread so now my account is locked from adding new products!

This is super cool of you, I'll check back in later and see if I can try another key then.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Bobtista posted:

Tried too many times with codes people hadn't marked as taken in the android games thread so now my account is locked from adding new products!

This is super cool of you, I'll check back in later and see if I can try another key then.

Same thing happened to me.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Yeah, I bought this during beta, just wanted to say how awesome it is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bobtista posted:

Yeah same. I'll stop back though in an attempt to get one.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I've already bought this game when it was on sale, and it was a lot of fun even unfinished. Can't wait to see what else you add to it.

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012

Supernorn posted:

What did you do on pixel piracy again?

Do the developers think it's kinda weird you're calling their hard work a buggy mess?

The keys are a nice gesture though.

Lol I AMthe developer. Vitali Kirpu and I MADE the game. In our free time. While running second day jobs. We were severely limited!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
OP is a cool guy, I'll try and snag one of these at some point.

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012
Hey guys. I'm up and around. I will make a new post in the private game server section so lovely scrubs can't steal anymore keys. Let's try and keep this post open and trending for a bit so real SA forumgoers can see where the private one is.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm, however, this game is bad, and I don't want it on my steam list next to such good products as Two Worlds 2 and Borderlands

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hm, however, this game is bad, and I don't want it on my steam list next to such good products as Two Worlds 2 and Borderlands

Always has to be somebody.

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Lol thanks for comparing my lovely indie game made with an 80 € budget to a top notch AAA title! much obliged friend!

Also, with a name like "THE PENETRATOR" I'm sure you must get ALL da pussies, all of them, not a single one left for the rest of us you sex magnet you!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Can you talk about the game, I just like to hear people talk about their games.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

gaskone posted:

Lol thanks for comparing my lovely indie game made with an 80 € budget to a top notch AAA title! much obliged friend!

Also, with a name like "THE PENETRATOR" I'm sure you must get ALL da pussies, all of them, not a single one left for the rest of us you sex magnet you!

it's certainly no Minecraft

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012
OK I opened up a new post in the PRIVATE GAME SERVER sections so random lurkers can't snipe keys anymore!

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

gaskone posted:

Lol I AMthe developer. Vitali Kirpu and I MADE the game. In our free time. While running second day jobs. We were severely limited!

so..coding? art? what exactly. The poysky I know is just some 'producer' that latches onto other people's games and slaps his name on it front and centre. If you actually worked on the game that's interesting though.

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 26, 2014

gaskone
Oct 17, 2012
I'm the same guy, I've done pretty much everything that isn't programming related. From design to art, to scripting and integrating, to design production on our other games.

I'm not butthurt about you hinting towards me not doing anything since most of that isn't publicized, but insinuating I'm a leech is kind of lovely bro, but hey to each his own!.

gaskone fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 26, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cool idea, missed the keys but its fun to read about Game devs who have reached some success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Cerepol posted:

Cool idea, missed the keys but its fun to read about Game devs who have reached some success.

Check PGS, new thread for keys is there.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread