Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

AchtungBaby posted:

Jesus go out and listen to the mob rules and then delete this post out of shame.

I will listen to Mob Rules. We will see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Maytag posted:

Sabbath without Ozzy is not Sabbath so continue the screwing. If the guys from Jethro Tull carried on without Ian Anderson and you've stopped reading at this point.

The analogy would be closer if you used "Royal Shakespeare Company" and "Chris Farley" instead.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Sweet Leaf on Master of Reality is such a loving good opening to a great album

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

AchtungBaby posted:

I dont mind actually, as long as it is classic rock or doom. I just thought that a Sabbath thread would be more popular than a doom thread. Feel free to post cool bands like Uriah Heep.

ok fine then since you dared me

The Sword owns

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Ozzy Sabbath owns. Dio Sabbath owns. Ian Gillan Sabbath was meh. The rest does not exist.

There's some good stuff on 13 but its mixing is absolute poo poo. Looks at this:

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
What releases do you listen to? My rips are all UK original pressings, all of the remasters have not been improvements unfortunately

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
The band Bullring Brummies is made up of Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler, Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward, vocalist Rob Halford (not long out of Judas Priest), Obsessed/Vitus guitarist Scott "Wino" Weinrich, Fight guitarist Brian Tilse and Jimmy Wood on harmonica. Their cover of "The Wizard" on the first volume is their only recording

Turn this poo poo up all the way so it blows out your speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9U9vpJSp4

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I don't have a ton to add to the conversation but I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention that Black Sabbath is awesome. The amount of lovely metal bands they've 'inspired' over the past 30 years however is not.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

That's fun but the only cover that's better than the original is Supernaut.

http://youtu.be/Xjho-zVgDXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

I listened to Mob Rules and it was pretty bland and forgettable. The music wasn't particularly distinctive and Dio sings well but sounds like a thousand other singers.

• Locked thread