Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I remember her being stuck in some room that was filling with a fluid that would keep her suspended, but conscious forever, and the fluid got her. I felt sorry for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

The show makes a lot more sense if you read The Herodotus File.

Well no it still makes no sense but the Herodotus File is pretty awesome.

Cracked_Gear posted:

looking at those gifs I remember how weird the animation was. I wouldn't say bad but really twisted like the artists dropped acid every day before animating but they had a high tolerance so the animation came out weird but still recognizable as something

Peter Chung had it done that way because he was angry. Angry about Rugrats.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The animation was very stylized, but also very competent. I'll take that any day over a show that plays it safe.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Republican Vampire posted:

He had that Alexander the Great show too, which was weird, but not Aeon Flux weird.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

krampster2 posted:

I think "af" is a bad acronym that doesn't accomplish much.

its short for aeon flux

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Parallax Scroll posted:

its short for aeon flux

:eyepop:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Yes, he was a dictator and also a doctor who made house calls.

The best is when he gets pissed off at spinal girl and tells her to leave, then remembers he's in her apartment and retorts that "he'll let himself out". Trevor is so full of himself.

steinrokkan posted:

There was no sniper, she shot the plug herself each time she descended a floor.

I'm thinking people are confusing the random soldier she's dueling with every time she has to shoot the plug out. The last bit is great where she's just tired of it and gives a half-hearted suppressive fire before she returns to the elevator.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Arian_Samurai posted:

He had that Alexander the Great show too, which was weird, but not Aeon Flux weird.

Reign the Conqueror. I couldn't get into that show. Maybe because it wasn't so strange.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

explain.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the wierdest of all is the episode where they are going to shoot the buddha statue thing into space

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Chung worked on the pilot for Rugrats. He and the other artists really hated it because you can't really do anything with Babies because of how immobile and blobby they are. So Aeon Flux was the natural reaction: everything's all hyper-angular and there's a lot of emphasis on movement.

Unless you meant the Herodotus File part. It's a comic about how Trevor met Aeon and how he tried to kill her with murderous sperm robots, only to be thwarted because she replaced her cervix with a horrifying robot.

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

only to be thwarted because she replaced her cervix with a horrifying robot.

nothing more needs to be said.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Chung worked on the pilot for Rugrats. He and the other artists really hated it because you can't really do anything with Babies because of how immobile and blobby they are. So Aeon Flux was the natural reaction: everything's all hyper-angular and there's a lot of emphasis on movement.

Unless you meant the Herodotus File part. It's a comic about how Trevor met Aeon and how he tried to kill her with murderous sperm robots, only to be thwarted because she replaced her cervix with a horrifying robot.

yo cool thanks. Thats interesting. Viacom makes good toons.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

He actually said he got the idea for Aeon and Trevor's iconic mouth-point-of-view kissing scene in "Gravity" from Rugrats, which is kinda creepy i guess

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I hate when women don't let you know they're going to whip this out when going to town on you. I'm like, "drat, girl, at least give me a warning!"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

He actually said he got the idea for Aeon and Trevor's iconic mouth-point-of-view kissing scene in "Gravity" from Rugrats, which is kinda creepy i guess

Rugrats is creepy...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Peter Chung did the entire intro sequence to Rugrats himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zch-CGnH9c

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?

Wamdoodle posted:

Reign the Conqueror. I couldn't get into that show. Maybe because it wasn't so strange.

Oh poo poo I completely forgot about that show. I never liked it, it felt like watching anime (which I guess it is, but Aeon Flux didn't feel like anime).

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i bought an original drawn cell and signed by the artist

its under my bed

okay bye

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Aeon Flux was good until the characters starting talking all the time.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
in the shorts people are bleeding and dying all over the place but in the actual show there's like no blood because MTV forbid it

also in that episode with the robot skeletons takeover your body to make you behave the secret society or w/e that was trying to stop them called each other 'comrades' and MTV made them change it to 'friends' because i guess the red scare was still a thing in the 90's?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Wolfsheim posted:

in the shorts people are bleeding and dying all over the place but in the actual show there's like no blood because MTV forbid it

also in that episode with the robot skeletons takeover your body to make you behave the secret society or w/e that was trying to stop them called each other 'comrades' and MTV made them change it to 'friends' because i guess the red scare was still a thing in the 90's?

"We don't want to offend Russians."

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
That was the first episode that I saw when I was like 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

• Locked thread