Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What movie should we watch?
This poll is closed.
The Silence of the Lambs 5 12.50%
[REC] 8 20.00%
The Evil Dead 8 20.00%
The Shining 11 27.50%
Friday the 13th 8 20.00%
Total: 40 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Halloween is fast approaching and what better way to get in the spirit than a GBS Movie Night? How is movie night going to work exactly? Well unfortunately my house only has like one couch so we definitely can't have it here. However we can have it online by coordinating when to hit Play on the film, and then we can all live poo poo post about the movie. This thread will be used to voice opinions on what you think we should watch until the time comes to begin the movie. When obtaining a copy of the movie please don't bother telling us where you got it from. We don't condone filez. However if you are too stupid to use google god help you. Movie night will begin on October 30th, 2014 @ 9pm EST. Here are the options on the table.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Young FBI agent Clarice Starling is assigned to help find a missing woman to save her from a psychopathic serial killer who skins his victims. Clarice attempts to gain a better insight into the twisted mind of the killer by talking to another psychopath Hannibal Lecter, who used to be a respected psychiatrist. FBI agent Jack Crawford believes that Lecter, who is also a very powerful and clever mind manipulator, has the answers to their questions and can help locate the killer. However, Clarice must first gain Lecter's confidence before the inmate will give away any information.

[Rec] (2007)

"REC" turns on a young TV reporter and her cameraman who cover the night shift at the local fire station. Receiving a call from an old lady trapped in her house, they reach her building to hear horrifying screams -- which begin a long nightmare and a uniquely dramatic TV report.

The Evil Dead (1981)

Five friends go up to a cabin in the woods, where they find unspeakable evil lurking in the forest. They find a tome called the "Necronomicon", Book of the Dead, and the taped translation of the text. Once the tape is played, the evil is released. One by one, the teens are possessed. With only one remaining, it is up to him to survive the night and battle the evil dead.

The Shining (1980)

Signing a contract, Jack Torrance, a normal writer and former teacher agrees to take care of a hotel which has a long, violent past that puts everyone in the hotel in a nervous situation. While Jack slowly gets more violent and angry of his life, his son, Danny, tries to use a special talent, the "Shining", to inform the people outside about whatever that is going on in the hotel.

Friday the 13th (1980)

One summer at Camp Crystal Lake, a group of young counselors begin to get ready to lead campers. Unfortunately for the former, someone isn't happy about what's going on in the camp and enjoys playing kill the counselor. As bodies fall to the ground in the camp, no one is safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Friday the 13th.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Friday the 13th.

can it be friday the thirteenth part 3? best part of friday the thirteenth is you can see kevin bacon almost die on film.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

can it be friday the thirteenth part 3? best part of friday the thirteenth is you can see kevin bacon almost die on film.

If enough people voice they want a sequel then sure why not.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the shining is good and i have it on blu ray so that one

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
this is a good thread, it has my blessing

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I think we can do better than 11 votes dudes

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

watch rec it looks even worse than friday the 13th

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

This is still gonna happen and you dorks should vote more if you don't want to complain the whole time that the movie you wanted didn't get picked

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

BeefThief posted:

watch rec it looks even worse than friday the 13th

Rec is p.cool fwiw

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Like the idea, the options kinda suck. Voted The Shining cause it's actually good but real vote goes to

Let's watch the WizardMaster die and laugh at that girls serious drug problem.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
VotedFriday the 13th for nostalgia.

Recommending Pontypool or the New Zealand film Black Sheep

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Also Juan of the Dead

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I've never actually seen Friday The 13th :ssh:

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rec, 'cause I haven't seen it and it looks like you clever sorts could riff on it.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

twit666 posted:

Rec, 'cause I haven't seen it and it looks like you clever sorts could riff on it.

REC is actually phenomenal and you should watch it even if we don't hth

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Windows 98 posted:

I've never actually seen Friday The 13th :ssh:

It's pretty shifty but pretty fun in a lovely way, worth seeing at least once

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

REC is actually phenomenal and you should watch it even if we don't hth

I liked REC a bunch but never bothered to see Quarantine because it looked almost identical. Is it worth seeing?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I watched scream for the first time yesterday. Pretty good. Called the twist. Thanks hot fuzz

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i liked the descent

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Drunkboxer posted:

I liked REC a bunch but never bothered to see Quarantine because it looked almost identical. Is it worth seeing?

Pretty lovely in comparison tbh and the explanation for it all is completely different iirc

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Pssst: Movie will be locked in at midnight tonight

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
friday the 13th, the jason goes to hell(?) one though where he gets blown up by some chick at the start then the black guy eats his heart and becomes him

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ok guys so what's the deal is anyone gonna do this or what?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SaltLick posted:

i liked the descent

the descent was cool until you see the bat things. they look just like lord of the rings orcs and i couldnt take it seriously after that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Windows 98 posted:

Pssst: Movie will be locked in at midnight tonight

the movie's gonna be locked in 3 hours after it starts? :shrug:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

REC is okay until they get to the part where its just heavy breathing for like 5 minutes straight...yeah really scary

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
watch VHS

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

the movie's gonna be locked in 3 hours after it starts? :shrug:

I said that last night but in an attempt to get some participation I suppose give it a little bit longer before calling it official.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Friday the 13th is the best of that group for a halloween flick.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Shining won. Hope at least some people want to participate.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 31, 2014

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ok does anyone care or should it just fall off into obscurity.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I started it. I'm just seeing if others are about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

seen it too many times... if i can find REC on netflix or amazon prime im gonna watch that.

[edit] lol amazon wants 12 dollars for a digital copy. gently caress this gay earth.

I can watch REC 3 on netflix but i doubt its worth it.

• Locked thread