Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This Steve Weatherford piece on Monday Night Countdown is loving with my head. How is a punter that ripped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Crazy Ted posted:

This Steve Weatherford piece on Monday Night Countdown is loving with my head. How is a punter that ripped?

34 pills a day, an absurdly well-crafted diet, tons of gym time, and sleeping in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber apparently

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

nrr posted:

Giants fans/NYers, what are my chances of getting a ticket off a scalper at a non insane price if I head out to MetLife stadium tonight? I had a friend in Seattle who said she used to get tickets super cheap at the Clink after the game had started. Scalpels were just looking to get anything for them. Anyone got any experience with trying that out here? I've got nothing else to do with my night, it's worth a shot.

Wish I saw this earlier, I had something come up last min and couldn't go to the game and was scrambling to give my tickets away. :(

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Also, there was the part where he bench presses the old, disillusioned ESPN correspondent in a segment that was probably not intended to be homoerotic.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Crazy Ted posted:

He's an absolute freak.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Aubergine Mage posted:

He's an absolute freak.
And his wife probably has no complaints about that :q:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Weatherford is absolutely hands down the nicest most approachable guy at training camp too. He's a cool dude.

Also We'regoingtothefuckingsuperbowl.gif

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 4, 2014

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
His entire job revolves around practicing one basic motion over and over again so I imagine he has tons of free time to be in shape

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Pron on VHS posted:

His entire job revolves around practicing one basic motion over and over again so I imagine he has tons of free time to be in shape

He's also the emergency 3rd string QB still I think.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Weatherford is absolutely hands down the nicest most approachable guy at training camp too. He's a cool dude.

If I was that ripped I'd be super nice too if for no other reason than I'd look for cheap opportunities to help people with physical tasks.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Aubergine Mage posted:

He's also the emergency 3rd string QB still I think.

owns

gdt is up

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Wish I saw this earlier, I had something come up last min and couldn't go to the game and was scrambling to give my tickets away. :(

PM'd you

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

davecrazy posted:

I always thought that one was "motherfucking super bowl"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Schwack posted:

Seahawks seem almost obligated to check this guy out. If he's capable of playing inside there's no way he's no an improvement on the left side.

haha, no, he's really bad. He showed a lot of promise before his leg exploded. He's shaky at best on grass but a total liability on turf.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ehud posted:

I always thought that one was "motherfucking super bowl"

I did too, but clearly the most important part is everything that would come after "we're going to the" or "mother"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Hey Pat McAfee spends his time swimming in canals and is a better punter!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

TubeStank posted:

haha, no, he's really bad. He showed a lot of promise before his leg exploded. He's shaky at best on grass but a total liability on turf.

The team is starting a UDFA converted TE at LG. I get that he is bad, but he wouldn't really be facing much competition up here. Everyone is bad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Schwack posted:

The team is starting a UDFA converted TE at LG. I get that he is bad, but he wouldn't really be facing much competition up here. Everyone is bad.

Green Bay doesn't give up on first round picks that often. He's Justin Harrell bad.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
I think what the Seattle people are missing here is that he was cut for a guy that hasn't actually played a snap in the NFL. JC Tretter was on IR last year and got injured in the preseason (although he looked good) this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jonny Unitas is cooking up something ugly in Football heaven for that comparison.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I were a fringe/ST player I'd practice punting incessantly. Sure you could cut me in favor of that other guy, but then who's your punter if ____ goes down? :smug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The other guy who earns his living with his feet on the team as an emergency for the rest of that game and then some guy off the street next week?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Andre Fluellen, who lives in Detroit, is a Lion again.

quote:

Michael Rothstein @mikerothstein

This is Fluellen's eighth drafting/signing or re-signing with the #Lions

1:59 PM - 3 Nov 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Andre Fluellen, who lives in Detroit, is a Lion again.

Why?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, there's the Colts secondary that Roethlisberer abused

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Because Nick Fairley might be done for the year.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Schwack posted:

Seahawks wouldn't claim him off waivers, since his price tag is stupid high as he was a 1st rounder. They'll wait until he clears.

That said, here's what you'll get: A slower, more penalty-prone Jared Gaithers.

He bad, and he has caused more than one game-losing play.

What I'm saying is I'm super excited for the Seahawks to sign this guy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Obviously....

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678859

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Azhais posted:

N: Redskins suing Native Americans over trademark dispute:
http://www.people.com/article/redskins-suing-native-americans-offended-by-name
V: :lol:

Its one of those legal things that make for really bad headlines. Those 5 originally sued to get it changed and Wash obviously want to challenge that so they have to countersue. But they wont be suing for their money or anything.

• Locked thread