Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadejasmineash
Oct 18, 2014
I have been tinkering around in fractal art for a few years now, and I just decided to make this threat and show off my art page for everyone to take a look and to tell me what everyone thought so far.

I think that I could vastly improve on my technique. I'm currently using Mandlebulb 3D to do my work. There are other far more advanced stuff out there using that program but I feel that my work is improving..

Anyways, enjoy and feel free to leave any creative criticisms.

http://shadymoonjasmine.deviantart.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG
I liked the burrito of doom the most.. but I'm very hungry right now.

Nice gallery. Maybe you will get inspiration from Nassim Haramein's geometry.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nassim+haramein&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=blhQVJ7TEaPo8QHI94H4CA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Best Regards,
RG

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

shadejasmineash posted:

Anyways, enjoy and feel free to leave any creative criticisms.

http://shadymoonjasmine.deviantart.com/

The main thing I would point out is that you're not using any antialiasing in your renders. You can do this automatically in M3D by doubling the length and width of the render and then reducing the display ratio to 1:2. If you want better AA, you can multiply it further and adjust the ratio as needed, though M3D runs out of memory at somewhere around 9000x9000 pixels (not entirely sure on the exact limit). Past that point you'll hit a memory error if you try to do depth-of-field effects, not sure if it effects any other post-processing features since I've never needed to render anything that large. If you don't even want to bother with DoF at all, you can use tiling to make images as large as you want.

I've been making fractals with M3D for about three years, here's my gallery if anyone is interested:

http://noeyedsquareguy.deviantart.com/gallery/

The reason I haven't uploaded anything recently is that I've been making an animation for the last six months or so which should be done in about a week and a half if my estimate is anywhere near correct. Was going to make a new thread for fractal art when it completed since the old one went inactive long enough that it disappeared, glad to see that there are other people on the site with some interest in it.

shadejasmineash
Oct 18, 2014
Thanks for the info!!

Also nice gallery!

shadejasmineash
Oct 18, 2014
Bump

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally finished the animation I've been working on for the last six months. Here's a link to the video on Youtube which also contains a link to download the original high-quality AVI file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKv0C2I9xK8

And here's a few still from it at different points in the rotation.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Been working on some different formulas recently and finally made something worthwhile. Figured I'd bump the thread even though it's kind of doubtful that too many other people do this besides me and the OP, it would be interesting to see if anyone else here has something to contribute.

(High def)

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
I don't know if very many people have anything to contribute, but don't let that stop you from posting! That image is gorgeous. It looks like lichen on a stump!

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
From time to time, I mess around with flame fractals. I haven't done anything super interesting with them, but it's pretty fun either way. Here are some pics. All of these are from a fractal generator I wrote from scratch in C++.

Avenging Dentist fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Avenging Dentist posted:

From time to time, I mess around with flame fractals. I haven't done anything super interesting with them, but it's pretty fun either way. Here are some pics. All of these are from a fractal generator I wrote from scratch in C++.

You've got some nice smoke effects going on in the last ones.

• Locked thread