Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
You can't just pick up and put down keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

WangNV posted:

What's with the Toto reference anyway? Did I miss something by not having the sound on?

the Revs' song for the playoffs this year was "Africa". a lot of tifos and rally chants used lyrics of the song

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Moktaro posted:

Ahaha, Soares picks up Pinedo, then pushes him over.

Great sportsmanship

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

p sure it is a red to help the keeper up and then throw him down.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Our dynasty in Ethiopia continues.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Our dynasty in Ethiopia continues.

Ah, now the Toto stuff by the Revs makes sense.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boo LA

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

European players retire to MLS, MLS players retire to....the Middle East?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Everything is poo poo

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
What the gently caress is wrong with Landon's face?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

trem_two posted:

:drat:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

My gf said Donovan looks like cokehead Colin Farrell from Horrible Bosses and I can't unsee it

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

ShutteredIn posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Landon's face?

It has his personality animating it.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I'd like to congratulate B.B. Rodriguez, Pigma_Micron, CubanMissle, Mr. Wiggles, Sir Unimaginative, and the rest of the fans of five time MLS Cup winners LA Galaxy.

A home grown product scored the first goal and Robbie loving Keane cleaned up at the end. I couldn't have asked for a better result.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

I'd like to congratulate B.B. Rodriguez, Pigma_Micron, CubanMissle, Mr. Wiggles, Sir Unimaginative, and the rest of the fans of five time MLS Cup winners LA Galaxy.

A home grown product scored the first goal and Robbie loving Keane cleaned up at the end. I couldn't have asked for a better result.

Thank you. It was wonderful to witness in person. Having both teams being the #FirsttoFive was certainly nice and symmetrical.

Hoover, we saw you, but as we were in Galaxy swag, there was no way we could even approach your section.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Why can't they just make like 20 clones of Silviu Petrescu

Why would anyone want that?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

LA people I'll leave this thread open for a few days for you to gloat about this before closing it, so get your kicks in while you can.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Me right now.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Was great to be there, congrats to LA and congrats to whoever made the Che GuGriffin flag in the revs section.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

Me right now.

Love me some Bruce.

Someone find the picture of Gordon with a sombrero. The world needs this.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Was Taters posted:

Currently seen at the game by Howdy:

I'm sure this was the best part of the game.

Death to the Galaxy.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Tigren posted:

And a hearty congratulations to YOU, sir. Out of all the arbitrary ways to determine which team is best, this is the one I like the most because it's the one where we most often come out on top.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
"... and Cubo Torres proudly hoists the MLS Cup in front of his Galaxy teammates. A superb showing by the youngster on his way to his third consecutive MLS MVP award and netting this LA team its nineteenth league title."

-Taylor Twellman the evening before he is found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot to the head.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Congrats to all the Galaxy fans here but seriously gently caress the Galaxy.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I hate all Galaxy fans here and anywhere else. I'm glad I came out, even if it happened again. Someday it will go right :unsmith:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I am happy for Husidic and Gargan. They were both great guys when they were with the Fire.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hello Towel posted:

I am happy for Husidic and Gargan. They were both great guys when they were with the Fire.

Same here, was cool seeing Gargan playing again.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Congrats Galaxy!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

So what's up with these rumors linking Bolton's coach with the Houston Dynamo? Is he worth a drat?

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Hungryjack posted:

So what's up with these rumors linking Bolton's coach with the Houston Dynamo? Is he worth a drat?

Very likely, yes. Though I would say it depends largely on weather he is just the head coach, or the head coach and GM like Dom was.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Popero posted:

I hate all Galaxy fans here and anywhere else. I'm glad I came out, even if it happened again. Someday it will go right :unsmith:

This. It was an incredible run and a weekend full of magic that ended with yet another goddamn sad little fart for my boys. Davies and Nguyen just couldn't get past those gigantic goddamn defenders that LA has. Good game too, high tempo, no dirty stuff. That Keane goal will bedevil me for awhile - it looked like a completely routine play from the far end, something that'd surely be cleaned up by the GK and centerbacks, but then Shuttleworth came out, I realized he had no cover, and f-f-f-fuuuuck

it's 20 degrees here and snowing a bit back here in Boston. miss the 81-degrees-and-sunny from yesterday, that's for drat sure.

Congrats to the LA fans, you got a good team there. We'll do it all again next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

LA will definitely be going through some kind of a reconstruction phase without LD next year. I would say that barring anything crazy happening, the Revs are a good bet to finally clinch it next go around.

• Locked thread