Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterOSkillio
Aug 27, 2003
Can't get megaraid raid manager to send monitor alert emails: Every time I fill in the email feilds and hit test I get an error "The test email failed, This test email could not be sent. Check the mail server settings and try again."

I feel Like I'm missing something here. These are my settings(see below). Please keep in mind that I have a MS homeserver VM that is running within this computer that has the same exact settings for it's alert system and that sends me status alerts about everything no problem. I don't get why megaraid doesn't work.

Sender Email Address: myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587 <- Ive tried 20, 25, and 465 as well
This server requires authentication. Yes (checkbox)
Username: Filled in
Password: Filled in

Attempted fixes: Googled a few things. Tried minirelay, made sure my email settings were correct

Recent changes: NA

--

Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2

System specs:
CPU 2x Intel L5640
Mobo Supermicro X8DTL
RAM Kingston value ram 24gb
RAID Dell perc 6i running latest megaraid software

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
See this Google support article.

In order to send mail through smtp.gmail.com, your application must support authentication over SSL/TLS and you must use the appropriate port. If not, you won't be able to connect. There's probably a lot of old information out there implying it may work without SSL/TLS, but I don't think this is the case anymore.

MasterOSkillio
Aug 27, 2003

Alereon posted:

See this Google support article.

In order to send mail through smtp.gmail.com, your application must support authentication over SSL/TLS and you must use the appropriate port. If not, you won't be able to connect. There's probably a lot of old information out there implying it may work without SSL/TLS, but I don't think this is the case anymore.

AH! ! ok I see what I did wrong, I tried a port on a different server that doesn't require SSL or TLS, that also allows dynamic addresses. Works perfectly now, THANKS! !

• Locked thread