Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Pomp posted:

You can take just about anything gcyoshi says about bedman as gospel.

Also, don't use task a' oki on venom, he gets out free.

just run away from venom in general, he's a jerk.

I mean in game and before the match even starts. just fight someone else.

Also don't be afraid to try stuff out as bedman, he's really cool because his pressure is so free form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
is the jump cancel on 1/2/3H any good or can you jump/backdash it and whiff punish? I recall all 5 bedman players being pretty excited for that buff

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

So I just got this game and as I understand, there's a character that gets unlocked for "beating" the story mode.
Is there anything else important that has to be unlocked by playing some other modes? There's quite a few of them.

This game seems pretty fun & cool based on the two hours or so I played with a buddy last night, nice to play (somewhat) seriously instead of just mashing or cheesing with friends when hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was a period where the 2 DLC characters were free at their initial launch but I believe that has passed so not really. There's a ton of colors, voice samples, artwork etc. you get with the world dollars but you gain those for doing anything in the game

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Big ups to Real Hurthling for telling me to grab the dizzy dlc char long before I got the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Big ups to Real Hurthling for telling me to grab the dizzy dlc char long before I got the game

Dizzy rules

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Have they said if they're adding any more characters?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have not and I wouldn't expect anymore until a new game gets announced.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Speaking of that, there was some teaser of an announcement happening at CEO tonight (pc plz).

Top 16 is on right now.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 2, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gabby_Jay posted:

Have they said if they're adding any more characters?

I'd expect a third xrd chapter to bring the 4-6 missing characters.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the announcement at CEOtaku tonight isn't going to be a character reveal, they said so on the Aksys twitter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're going to announce that guilty gear is awesome and that everyone should buy it

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
better be rev for PC so I don't have to buy a ps4 ever

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

it's probably gonna be for something lame like a dub patch since aksys posted about it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not what it is

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dawglet posted:

it's probably gonna be for something lame like a dub patch since aksys posted about it

its either this or PC release yea

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hokuto no Ken on Steam confirmed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's a sexy dizzy cosplayer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm the sexy dizzy cosplayer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your announcement is there was no announcement.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I thought the announcement was about the tournament they are doing

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

not really sure why they felt the need to tease that announcement but okay

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHXQHUBTEc

pretty good video series imo

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Enjoying this so far. forums poster teagone makes a guest appearance in their steam friends list - is this person a goon?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Played this for an hour with my friend today. I forgot what the buttons on my stick were mapped too so I was kind of flailing around randomly but we matched pretty evenly. Game is incredibly fun and stylish and cool. We had a good laugh at Faust's super. Somehow Zato ended up being both our strongest character (only one loss between the two of us). The shark is too drat strong.
I'm gonna drill a couple characters and try to stomp him next time.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

No clue, it popped up on my search results when I was looking for info on some dust loop setups. Surprised his vids have so few views, the commentary seems pretty good/helpful

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

giogadi posted:

Enjoying this so far. forums poster teagone makes a guest appearance in their steam friends list - is this person a goon?

I believe that's the Youtube account for Angel Opportunity (who posted the beginners playlist that's also on there in this thread.)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sorry for all the dog interruptions.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Dogs are good

Axl's dog should be part of an overdrive.

Also Ram's dog.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

mycot posted:

I believe that's the Youtube account for Angel Opportunity (who posted the beginners playlist that's also on there in this thread.)

Hmm, I did some digging and that's correct.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

All right folks, since this thread was getting a little long in the tooth, I got Henaki's permission and whipped up a brand new thread not only for revelator but for all the other air dashy, arcsys-y, high flying anime games out there that don't have their own thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
permission being "im a lazy piece of poo poo and dont play fgs anymore". yeah, got post in that thread since it might have updated stuff and we can talk about melty blood.

• Locked thread