Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

paranoid randroid posted:

californias a great place if youre looking to use real estate scams to swindle hapless okies out of their life savings

so far thats my shtick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
sup haters :cool:

I live in Twin Peaks and the fog owns. The public transit is poo poo up here and the hills are very steep. It keeps the riffraff away and the rents down.

*~looking down on you~*

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

rent will continue to increase and big banks will keep buying up property because they are completely incapable of giving a gently caress that it is obviously a bubble, the market will eventually crash and the government will bail them out again of course. hatred of californians will only grow

the state will continue to go further and further into debt because people refuse to enact sensible property taxes, the first billion dollar house is built

libertarian ceos and self important tech morons eventually become enough of a majority to cause california to go red

the state will literally never not be in a drought, maybe a few hundred years after the last human has breathed their last breath after climate change has rendered our planet uninhabitable (assuming the state has not fallen into the ocean at this point)

i anxiously await the passage of all of these

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

BiohazrD posted:

rent will continue to increase and big banks will keep buying up property because they are completely incapable of giving a gently caress that it is obviously a bubble, the market will eventually crash and the government will bail them out again of course. hatred of californians will only grow

the state will continue to go further and further into debt because people refuse to enact sensible property taxes, the first billion dollar house is built

libertarian ceos and self important tech morons eventually become enough of a majority to cause california to go red

the state will literally never not be in a drought, maybe a few hundred years after the last human has breathed their last breath after climate change has rendered our planet uninhabitable (assuming the state has not fallen into the ocean at this point)

keep going I'm almost there

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
california will be split into 8 feeder states for silicon valley as libertardian tech lords prophesied

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
It's funny to watch east coast babies talk about earthquakes as if they actually occur enough to be a reasonable problem. Japan gets a billion +6 earthquakes every day and they just dont give a gently caress.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

Irradiation posted:

It's funny to watch east coast babies talk about earthquakes as if they actually occur enough to be a reasonable problem. Japan gets a billion +6 earthquakes every day and they just dont give a gently caress.

Even my loving dog slept through the 6.0 earthquake we had in August.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EllisD posted:

Even my loving dog slept through the 6.0 earthquake we had in August.

everyone slept through it

who cares about napa lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Irradiation posted:

"B-b-b-but I hear your house slightly shakes once every 5 years or so. And you have to earthquake proof your furniture and big screen TV!" :colbert:

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
as a person who lives in a certain texas city that's trying really hard to be like san francisco, i hate san francisco.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Tsinava posted:

as a person who lives in a certain texas city that's trying really hard to be like san francisco, i hate san francisco.

You got all of the people who were too poor to live in the bay area, so they decided to create a new bay area somewhere where land was really cheap. :xd:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tsinava posted:

lol for living in austin

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Hingehead posted:

I went to San Fran early this summer on a west coast travel. The weather was depressing, windy, foggy, bleak.
That's why you don't go in the summer. That's what it's like then. It's hilarious to see shivering tourists who thought they were going to L.A.

Hingehead posted:

Fisherman Wharf is worst than Disney World
Well, duh. It's a tourist area.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whats the deal with that zigzag street what are they trying to prove? I remember having to pay just to drive down it is there anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is that why there's so drat many vets missing limbs on every corner?

E:why would you choose to live on that street?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

amityville anus posted:

Whats the deal with that zigzag street what are they trying to prove? I remember having to pay just to drive down it is there anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is that why there's so drat many vets missing limbs on every corner?

Lol, what?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

amityville anus posted:

They don't want you there. They're about to ban people like you from that street altogether.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
theyd much sooner put me in rape jail than let a broke rear end crackhead just walk halfway down the old'n'gay bridge and jump off? What's the deal?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
most techies aren't libertarians, goons

straw men , ugh

there has to be a poll on this -- but from political campaign dollars, tech companies have put way more money towards democrats than republicans

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

its really really hard to not get your dick wet in sf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPJPCnY6sHU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2492327/it-management/tech-bets-on-obama-with-campaign-donations.html

combined with 84% of SF voting for barack obama, those loving libertarians

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

san francisco is a wonderful city and I wish all you outsiders would go there instead of houston

that's right, the feeling is mutual

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Top City Homo posted:

its really really hard to not get your dick wet in sf

ya thats true. lot of hot chicks in sf that bus themselves out from the east bay and stuff to get a nice dickin at a bar/club at night. but they don't live in SF anymore since they've been priced out in the past 6 years, owned females. most of the chicks that do live in sf are usually married/living with their boyfriend to save on rent though not always.

oakland is generally better if you want to bang a lot of 20-something chicks, esp around jack london/lake merritt area. they can afford more of the rent that they get from their coffee shop/waitress/front-desk bank/law firm job and so you're much more likely to run into them outside of bars

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 30, 2014

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

amityville anus posted:

E:why would you choose to live on that street?

VendaGoat posted:

Lol, what?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ashgromnies posted:

most techies aren't libertarians, goons

straw men , ugh

there has to be a poll on this -- but from political campaign dollars, tech companies have put way more money towards democrats than republicans

Yeah but 99% of the reason why is because they want to get loads of tech workers in on expanded work visa programs to drive down the wages of the last few remaining decent middle class jobs :smith:. They know that Republicans won't allow any form of immigration reform.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
also giving money to republicans in California lol

like throwing money into the gutter

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
Tech culture revolves largely around the idea that "we are in our 20s/30s and making a poo poo ton of money, we deserve our entitlement." They may put a lot of money towards Democratic candidates, they may identify as Democrats and back causes like immigration reform, but the reality is most other Democratic voters despite them. When they gently caress up the real estate market by offering far above market value for property and rents and encourage Ellis Act evictions by greedy landlords they're going to have more enemies than friends. It's also become a thing with them to talk poo poo about how the homeless inconvenience them and make "their" city look dirty.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

EllisD posted:

Tech culture revolves largely around dumb ideas

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Irradiation posted:

Probably because Japanese buildings are better designed for earthquakes, while a large variety of SF's buildings are deathtraps in a earthquake especially those older 3-4 story victorian homes.

also lol:

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 30, 2014

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It takes an hour to go 20 blocks, and it's only a matter of months until every restaurant in the city doubles its prices to keep up with rent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

etalian posted:

-A place so bad even Mark Twain couldn't resist making fun of it

Mark Twain made fun of loving everywhere, though.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A real estate crash / tech bubble burst will just mean that rents might level off for a few years.

Also keep in mind with those rent maps that this is the price that a new lease will be paying. In rent-controlled buildings there might be one or two tenants paying that, along with a bunch of people paying half of that or less if they have been there for 10 years or more.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

1. Haight Ashbury thanks for nothing.

2. The Giants loving suck

2a. Being massive assholes to the Oakland Athletics, a superior team, preventing them from moving out of their ancient poo poo flooding stadium they have to share with the raiders.

2b. Nobody loving likes this team and yet they waltz into the loving world series every year because the rest of the NL West is garbage. They're like the loving Tigers with nothing redeeming. gently caress the giants at least as much as the Yankees.

2c. Their fans are insufferable little twats who loudly whine :smith: :smith: :qqsay: My GM is 'bad', my team is 'bad' :qqsay: :smith: :smith: all loving year long despite knowing they're probably going to the playoffs.

3. Silicon Valley and everything about silicon valley.

4. Your bridge sucks.

5. subpar, overrated gay community

6. they think they're cool, but they're not

7. smell their own fart

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZyQ9g2WTy8

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

BiohazrD posted:

Yeah but where else can you pay 2 grand for a roach infested 400ft closet

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

and be surrounded by self important nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My Uber...

• Locked thread