Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
if i make eye contact with a woman i break it immediately and say "im gay" then walk along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

if i make eye contact with a woman i break it immediately and say "im gay" then walk along

I think we can all agree as a forum that this is the best course of action

three cheers for Calvin Johnson Jr.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

opus111 posted:

Also all these peeps saying it's a city thing - not really. I lived in London and would smile at people and they would smile back. Also managed to get a girls digits on the tube once! I find that people respond to the expression on your face. City dwellers: turn those frowns upside down!

For christsake it's not as if you never acknowledge anyone ever. Sure I smile and nod at people when I'm walking down the bike path early AM and some lone person walks past and our eyes meet, say hello to the neighbors whose faces I recognize, shoot the poo poo with people in my office building in the elevator. But no I don't say hi hi hi hi have a good evening hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi God bless hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi as I'm walking to CVS to pick up some loving toilet paper and pass 37 people along the way. I don't have a strong opinion about this video, but this idea that the constant "friendly greetings" she gets is just how "friendly people" behave is just pure bullshit.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Don Tacorleone posted:

in the future you are not even allowed to look at women, but future-feminist knows some men still dare to sneak looks at them, so they film a future-youtube video with a hidden holographic camera that shows some men are raping women via looking at them furtively

As noted, this thread is entirely about the overwhelming fear of being judged by women.

In reality, there is no safety net to protect you from being judged by potential sexual partners, besides celibacy.

Normal people can handle this judgement. If you absolutely cannot handle it, you must be 'involuntarily celibate'.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
women need to shut up and get on my dick

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I saw someone say this in another thread somewhere else -- where are all the white guys in that video?

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Love Stole the Day posted:

I saw someone say this in another thread somewhere else -- where are all the white guys in that video?

SHHH we are trying to avoid the obvious implications as much as possible please take this racist problematic deeply privleged BULLSHIT somewhere else.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

theyre busy running the patriarchy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

They're busy at the Sex Depots, where women line up for no strings attached city-bonin'.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Plafop posted:

SHHH we are trying to avoid the obvious implications as much as possible please take this racist problematic deeply privleged BULLSHIT somewhere else.

If you're black, racist people won't want to date you.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

hm. that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

There probably will be 360 degree, depth sensing cameras recording all things at all times outside of private homes before too long.

Staring and ogling people is already considered quite rude and probably triggering and harmful to some people. I guess it is plausible that the definition of staring, which is subjective anyway could change over time, and that repeated and deliberate offensive actions and behaviors such as "excessive eye contact" could become punishable, if not by law than by corporate or organizational rules and regulations.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

breaklaw posted:

There probably will be 360 degree, depth sensing cameras recording all things at all times outside of private homes before too long.

Staring and ogling people is already considered quite rude and probably triggering and harmful to some people. I guess it is plausible that the definition of staring, which is subjective anyway could change over time, and that repeated and deliberate offensive actions and behaviors such as "excessive eye contact" could become punishable, if not by law than by corporate or organizational rules and regulations.

lmao

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

breaklaw posted:

in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is triggering the gently caress out of everybody

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
sunglasses are an instrument of rape

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

Ricky Gervais what happened

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Deckard wasn't actually a Blade Runner. Just a pervert.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

will somebody please think of the teamsters and stereotypical slovenly construction workers!?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

jiharlequinade posted:

For christsake it's not as if you never acknowledge anyone ever. Sure I smile and nod at people when I'm walking down the bike path early AM and some lone person walks past and our eyes meet, say hello to the neighbors whose faces I recognize, shoot the poo poo with people in my office building in the elevator. But no I don't say hi hi hi hi have a good evening hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi God bless hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi as I'm walking to CVS to pick up some loving toilet paper and pass 37 people along the way. I don't have a strong opinion about this video, but this idea that the constant "friendly greetings" she gets is just how "friendly people" behave is just pure bullshit.

Well she edited it together from 10 hours of walking

It wasn't constant.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Feels like this thread has run its course, does anyone else have anything interesting to share before I close it

I don't know, did anyone say hi to you today? not to me btw

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Don Tacorleone posted:

Feels like this thread has run its course, does anyone else have anything interesting to share before I close it

I don't know, did anyone say hi to you today? not to me btw

i'm gay

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jiharlequinade posted:

yeah and she spent 10 hours outside and had 2 minutes of footage, it's pretty clear it wasn't a constant thing for her either. How many thousands of people do you think she passed in nyc in those 10 hours? Of which 100 said anything to her and like 3 were creepy.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
shut her down

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah and she spent 10 hours outside and had 2 minutes of footage, it's pretty clear it wasn't a constant thing for her either. How many thousands of people do you think she passed in nyc in those 10 hours? Of which 100 said anything to her and like 3 were creepy.

She should post the 10 hour footage so some neckbeard can waste his time wanking to it seeing how many times she was catcalled per minute.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

She should post the 10 hour footage so some neckbeard can waste his time wanking to it seeing how many times she was catcalled per minute.

most of it was probably getting ignored

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Since shes such an attention whore she should do a video in a bar too

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Don Tacorleone posted:

Orson Welles

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

ITT I learned that I hate everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

• Locked thread