Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Niggurath posted:

Nah, the LP sub-forums are mostly hated and shat upon. That's why the Girl Games Thread got kicked out of being goldmined.

I think mostly people don't care and the Girl Games Thread got kicked out because it was not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Geop, please be our prophet and lead this thread to the goldmine.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Man, 3 pages and no update yet. :sigh:

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

pretty sure g0m is just trying to figure out where the other half of the screenshots went

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Nah, the LP sub-forums are mostly hated and shat upon.

seriously if yall havent figured this out yet you might be stupid

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Also LP has its own archive, so goldmining doesn't matter as much.

(Which is good, because nobody else wants our old LPs)

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Scrub Lover posted:

Oh drat, I did some fanart for this game a while back. Figured I should share it ITT:

lmao

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Haifisch posted:

Also LP has its own archive, so goldmining doesn't matter as much.

(Which is good, because nobody else wants our old LPs)

Boatmurdered was pretty okay

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

no they will not posted:

Update 1

Where am I? Where have I gone? Ohh, where am I?

Here I've started off in the covered position, although I've heard of some who start exposed before moving to covered. I always prefer starting this way, although it's really up to the players.

Peekaboo; I see you.

What th- where did I come from there!? Yep, that's me, suddenly appearing. This effect is at the "core" of the peek-a-boo experience.

Uh oh, where did you go? Hello...?

...and gone again. At this point the most experienced players will have begun to notice a pattern, but even most veterans will just be looking around blearily, annoyed and confused at the sudden lack of visual stimuli.

There you are!! Peek a boo.

Here most players will be pretty firmly in their comfort zone - they can see what is recognizable as a human face, after all, and that's not likely to change. This is one of my favourite parts of the game, however...

Huh? Where've I gone now? Where are you? Where are youuuuu?

Gone again!? It really is great fun to see the person disappearing and appearing again, but I feel some people can dismiss it out of hand. There is [well, can be - it depends on who you're playing with, really!] a surprising amount of depth to the experience, as you'll soon see:

Peekaboo. There you are. Brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr. brbrbrbrbr.

As you can see, I've added to the core experience by making fun noises with my lips and throat. While some purists deride this as being against the spirit of the game, most non-spergs agree that it's both entertaining and aurally stimulating, allowing the player to have fun without even realizing they're learning.

Next time: Update 2!

Dude I think you're doing it wrong. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but you don't seem half as excited about this game as you could be no strike that as you should be. Sorry I don't mean to be a neg, but everyone loves peek-a-boo and you don't really seem that into it and I get concerned, you know? You want to borrow my teddy? Get your tummy checked maybe?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Dude I think you're doing it wrong. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but you don't seem half as excited about this game as you could be no strike that as you should be. Sorry I don't mean to be a neg, but everyone loves peek-a-boo and you don't really seem that into it and I get concerned, you know? You want to borrow my teddy? Get your tummy checked maybe?

That's a ban

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Mods?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
poo poo sorry man I just want what's best for you. When you're all frowny like that I get worried that something's not right. Here, you want my comforter?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'm still waiting for the hotline miami one to update

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I heard this one guy waited seven years with an update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

i'm still waiting for the hotline miami one to update

it did update

• Locked thread