Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
:drugnerd: America is a culturally dead society so drug induced visions are pretty much the only remaining source of inspiration for art. just look at how the music business started to go to poo poo once it became a requirement for artists to be sober

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

epic

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Yaldabaoth posted:

:drugnerd: America is a culturally dead society so drug induced visions are pretty much the only remaining source of inspiration for art. just look at how the music business started to go to poo poo once it became a requirement for artists to be sober

What do you mean culturally dead i mean have you SEEN TNTs fall lineup?!?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theres never been a point when artists were required to be sober

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

This is a weird video game thread OP.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
lel mental illness diagnosis has increased 35 fold in the last 20 years so yeah

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

DaveSplitter posted:

This is a weird video game thread OP.

Well legal drugs might also lead to American game companies putting out better games. You can't tell me that Phil Fish would be a lot better off if he toked up and chilled out

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
My body is pure, bitch.Take this bullass to TCC

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Look cops need an easy excuse to crack the heads of minorities, poors, and kids. Do you really want to take that crutch away from them and see what hosed up loopholes they can exploit next?

the answer is yes you autocratic gently caress

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

the main reason america needs to legalize drugs is so that i can smoke weed while walking around outside

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
just got back from voting for medical marujuana in my state

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
oh yeah also governor and congress or something idk

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

mind the walrus posted:

Look cops need an easy excuse to crack the heads of minorities, poors, and kids. Do you really want to take that crutch away from them and see what hosed up loopholes they can exploit next?

Um, what the hell?

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

theres never been a point when artists were required to be sober

Lol yea, what you talking bout op

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
But what would happen to Mexico?!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

subhuman filth posted:

the main reason america needs to legalize drugs is so that i can smoke weed while walking around outside

I live in the middle of nowhere and go weed hiking all the time. It fuckin' owns.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Drugs make videogames better.
Videogames make drugs better.

This is why I need #feminism

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

this post is incredibly gay.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

My body is pure, bitch.Take this bullass to TCC

Thank you.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
all groundbreaking artists who used lsd or weed including the beatles have said on record that they made their wildest stuff completeyly sober (just too much musique concrete and indian ragas i guess). it helps that post-war mass culture enabled musicians who weren't formally educated or on the payroll of big studios to publish their poo poo if they just found some publisher who was insane enough to do it.

of course people who aren't as imaginative or talented think you must use drugs to achieve anything unique and thus make it their excuse to use drugs & not groom their neckbeards & never take showers.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

generative grammer posted:

all groundbreaking artists who used lsd or weed including the beatles have said on record that they made their wildest stuff completeyly sober (just too much musique concrete and indian ragas i guess). it helps that post-war mass culture enabled musicians who weren't formally educated or on the payroll of big studios to publish their poo poo if they just found some publisher who was insane enough to do it.

of course people who aren't as imaginative or talented think you must use drugs to achieve anything unique and thus make it their excuse to use drugs & not groom their neckbeards & never take showers.

the beatles suck

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
brainstorming songs and making music are different things imo.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i mean yeah the former is a part of the music making process, that drugs really help with.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
drugs are in fact really, really good

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Because I want to do drugs

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

generative grammer posted:

Jimmy Page is on record saying:

"I can't speak for others, but for me drugs were an integral part of the whole thing, right from the beginning, right to the end[...]"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

if drugs are the price we pay to never have another nickelback, I fully support them

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Nickelback is what inevitably happens when people DON'T use drugs.

:2bong: 420 Make great music everyday :2bong:

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Brave New World posted:

:2bong: 420 Make great music everyday :2bong:

Church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp