Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will bring this dynasty to an end?
This poll is closed.
Cletus's Recruiting Cheat Codes 2 22.22%
Responsibilities of Life 1 11.11%
Goon Meet Gone Wrong 1 11.11%
Nathan 1 11.11%
EA Bullshit 4 44.44%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yup I needed it, now my DC has points allocated more purposefully.

e: I looked at my depth chart again and OH GOD its terrifying on the offensive line. Maybe they'll kill the servers before that catches up to me.

Are you still struggling with recruiting? I was a bit surprised myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

Are you still struggling with recruiting? I was a bit surprised myself.

Im recruiting other spots alright, but DE & OL remain tough. I always find a good QB from the ATH pool.

I just haven't figured out how to game the recruiting the way I had in the past. It's just a lot less consistent with CPU teams gaining huge points randomly (the unlock recruits skill feels like its valuable, but i have a hard time using it successfully). The way they tweaked it, especially since you can't pitch your strongest assets (it's based on what the recruits 3 fav things are), it's a lot harder to just load up on a few dudes and lock them up early. By hard selling specific traits the way you could in years prior (esp 13, that was my fav recruiting iteration).

Plus OL & DL seem really thin as far as decent recruits go. There are like 5-10 of them that everyone wants and I've been lucky to land 1 or 2 a cycle. I just really don't like how they tweaked the recruiting, think it ruined what was previously one of the more fun mini games in the game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

OL & DL is all about finding gems. There are a TON of DEs out there so load up and scout. O-linemen, however, are indeed much more difficult to land.

Can't recall how many times I've loaded up on Guards and Tackles and every one of them were a fluke.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Im recruiting other spots alright, but DE & OL remain tough. I always find a good QB from the ATH pool.

I just haven't figured out how to game the recruiting the way I had in the past. It's just a lot less consistent with CPU teams gaining huge points randomly (the unlock recruits skill feels like its valuable, but i have a hard time using it successfully). The way they tweaked it, especially since you can't pitch your strongest assets (it's based on what the recruits 3 fav things are), it's a lot harder to just load up on a few dudes and lock them up early. By hard selling specific traits the way you could in years prior (esp 13, that was my fav recruiting iteration).

Plus OL & DL seem really thin as far as decent recruits go. There are like 5-10 of them that everyone wants and I've been lucky to land 1 or 2 a cycle. I just really don't like how they tweaked the recruiting, think it ruined what was previously one of the more fun mini games in the game.

Offensive Linemen should be Priority number 1 no matter what. Good linemen are in short supply so you should try and grab as many of them as possible. I would rank the hardest positions to recruit for like this:

1. Center
2. Guard
3. Tackle
4. Tight End
5. Strong Safety

There are just so few good players that you can get and if you miss out on them you will end up searching for gems or project players(aka Guards with high Run Block with decent Acceleration but lovely Impact Blocking).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I disagree with that list. Centers are really really easy to find and worse case scenario, you get a guard and convert him to a center. Centers don't convert well to other positions though. Tackle/Guard/DT and LB spots are the hardest for me to consistently fill with high quality players. I find plenty of mid-level DEs, DBs and TEs though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
All the poo poo you guys are talking about just goes over my head.

So much for JB thinking I've gone out of my way to learn a lot about recruiting. :)

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Diodeous posted:

I disagree with that list. Centers are really really easy to find and worse case scenario, you get a guard and convert him to a center. Centers don't convert well to other positions though. Tackle/Guard/DT and LB spots are the hardest for me to consistently fill with high quality players. I find plenty of mid-level DEs, DBs and TEs though.

It really all depends on what you're looking for in a player. For me, I wanted to have high acceleration/high impact blocking linemen who would work in my spread offense that featured tons of plays with pulling linemen/linemen setting up screens. I also did not like having my linemen switching positions due to the hit they would take to the awareness stat which would cause them to run up the field like idiots and not block anyone.

Do you guys look at certain stats of players or do you just try and get the best players that you can?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Redshirt & Recruiting. We won't advance before Friday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anyone not r2a?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Oops not me but I'll do it now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 1 of Season 5. Some of you only have like 3 user games because this poo poo sucks.

I'll make a new thread tomorrow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
4 5* insta-commits OH YEAHHH

#1 DE (+1 to 81 OVR)
#1 CB (+1 to 79 OVR)
#12 ATH (+5 to 81 OVR)
#15 ATH (+2 to 76 OVR)

mmmmmmmm mmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

New thread: