Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
i hope you luddites get ebola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Give Justin Bieber a free ticket.
Because -I dunno- cuz he's ...so cool.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Tsinava posted:

I have no issue with spreading across the universe like a virus, just look, don't touch. Only touch hazards like asteroids and interstellar entities that no one cares about anyways.

its too bad we're probably all going to die on a shithole desert wasteland when our star goes supernova.

it's fun to dream though!!!

the human race will be long dead ever before Sol supernovas

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
yeaH I forgot about the red giant thing lol. weed.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
goons about 150 year ago: "How dareth those capitalists spend so much money on rail infrastructure"

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
yeah it's quite astonishing how capitalist enterprise industrialized the U.S. with railways and factories etc. with no help from the government, incredible even.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Tsinava posted:

yeah it's quite astonishing how capitalist enterprise industrialized the U.S. with railways and factories etc. with no help from the government, incredible even.

look even further, and you will see how the rail mania of 1842 in spite of their failure caused many future successes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

without private enterprise we would not have highways

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
I hate justin beiber so much!!!!!!

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vddEvqS6M4o&t=50s

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

the human race will be long dead ever before Sol supernovas

The sun is not going to go supernova.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Triple A posted:

look even further, and you will see how the rail mania of 1842 in spite of their failure caused many future successes

That's because rail did things better than not rail. What did Virgin do better than anything? Not a drat thing. They pioneered blowing up a rocket in the private sector, something the public sector got really good at decades ago.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

We really haven't been around that long anyway and were way more fragile than you think

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

They pioneered blowing up a rocket in the private sector, something the public sector got really good at decades ago.

So, what have you accomplished, this year?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
i feel i'm developing 2nd hand autism by just scrolling past zimboe's walls of text

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Start putting octopus brains inside robot bodies

Start jamming electrodes into dolphin brains. I bet those fuckers can communicate.

Mostly if we can't communicate with the potentially 2nd most intelligent life that clearly has a social culture and dialects then who thinks we are ever gonna talk to aliens????

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pls don't spread misinformation our star is s dwarf and isn't gonna supernova. It will go red giant tho

30hz
Nov 3, 2014
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JonathanLangdale/posts/feev34CvVyB

curious to know what kind of oxidizer was used. with the previous configuration, the oxidizer was nitrous and the fuel, htpb(tire rubber). I believe there was speculation on using methane for the oxidizer.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

liquorlanche posted:

So, what have you accomplished, this year?

Wrote two books bitch and made enough that I can quit my job next year fucker.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
ill never get my loving space weed will i?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Hopefully the next one will be filled with billionaire tourists.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

newreply.php posted:

ill never get my loving space weed will i?

Unfortunately, the space weed crashed with the Antares rocket

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Unfortunately, the space weed crashed with the Antares rocket

it's fuckin ricky's fault, boys, if he'd only used fuckin' real space talk

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
well it's not a virgin anymore, now is it

Adbot