Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Apthous posted:

Did they make you take a virginity test when you became a cop Branis?

You are being sarcastic, but clearly you've never had a job that involved a serious background check or an employment physical.

Show more respect appreciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Untagged posted:

You are being sarcastic, but clearly you've never had a job that involved a serious background check or an employment physical.

Show more respect appreciation.

Well I've had plenty of virginity tests when applying for jobs, I just wondered if they did them in law enforcement.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
a man in a coat jammed a q tip down my dick hole once, does that count as a virginity test or as losing my virginity?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Branis posted:

a man in a coat jammed a q tip down my dick hole once, does that count as a virginity test or as losing my virginity?

I don't know really, but the important thing is you became a cop afterwords.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

gently caress the goddamn motherfucking police [1].

*puffs inhaler, pushes glasses up on nose* uhhhh, respect the police!

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Traffic cops aren't cops in my eyes. They're tax collectors.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Farking Bastage posted:

Traffic cops aren't cops in my eyes. They're tax collectors.

I mostly worry for their safety, driving around in those little three wheeled cars.

e: it looks like there's a tube frame, I suppose the cockpit could be reinforced but come on

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 19, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Apthous posted:

Did they make you take a virginity test when you became a cop Branis?

He just had to prove his goon status on the something awful dot com forums, no virginity test was required.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SedanChair posted:

I mostly worry for their safety, driving around in those little three wheeled cars.

e: it looks like there's a tube frame, I suppose the cockpit could be reinforced but come on

I personally would love to see those modified as Q-cars.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Branis posted:

Well at least youre probably famous on some internet fetish site somewhere.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Discendo Vox posted:

I personally would love to see those modified as Q-cars.

Or throw an MG on the top to mow down some protesters.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

In my childish fantastical utopia, cops are unnecessary, therefor

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*watches "The Purge"*

Yeah that looks like something I'd be OK with happening every day.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Sergg posted:

*watches "The Purge"*

Ancient Greece just had vigilante justice as in if you killed someone their family would just form a lynch mob and kill you. I don't see why we need adult babysitters telling us what we can and can't do. If you speed on the highway and kill someone, then expect an angry mob to appear at your house. What is the problem with that?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sergg posted:

*watches "The Purge"*

I believe one of the logical foundations for that movie is that because it only happens once a day is the reason for why people go so nuts. Governments and enforcement of society's will or w/e has been essentially an organic growth from even before we were "civilized". It's not like we decided to have police one day all of a sudden and no one had ever thought of it before.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
well actually, police forces, as a professional, politically neutral body of civil law enforcement, separate from the military but still part of/funded by the state, is kind of new. 18th century-ish or something.

like there are precursors with constables/watchmen yeah, but those were more volunteer fire departments/neighborhood watchmen/concerned mobs of vigilantes than law enforcers. lord help you if they got their hands on you and they thought you were a criminal.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 20, 2014

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Tiler Kiwi posted:

is kind of new. 18th century-ish or something.

People knew slavery was eventually going to end. How else is gramma gonna keep the coloreds in line?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Apthous posted:

People knew slavery was eventually going to end. How else is gramma gonna keep the coloreds in line?

it was more about the industrial/agrarian revolution creating large urban populations, and the old methods of social control becoming obsolete/nonexistent. something something capitalism, enclosure and death of common land, etc

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Tiler Kiwi posted:

industrial
agrarian
urban
social control
obsolete
capitalism
enclosure
common land

;)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

The only thing that stops a badguy with a lynch mob is a goodguy with a lynch mob

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Sergg posted:

The only thing that stops a badguy with a lynch mob is a goodguy with a lynch mob

Sad but true:

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
http://www.punkrocklibertarians.com/police-department-texas-breaking-carsto-stop-people-breaking-cars/

I appreciate that cops obviously know what's best for me.

Boundless potential for abuse.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I love your collection of highly credible sources, SkaAndScreenplays. :allears:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
KHOU-TV: obviously a fake story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

KHOU-TV: obviously a fake story.

KHOU-TV- a thirdhand source reporting a different story than the original link, or freethought, which was where SnS originally got it.

• Locked thread