Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Light Gun Man posted:

Bullshit, everyone knows it was getter rays.

Yeah, but you could say that about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Oh boy, Franken Fran! I remember reading it in high school and being totally freaked out by pretty much every bit of it.
Should probably read it again if the guy is still pumping out chapters; godspeed weird guro manga dude :japan:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gamma Nerd posted:

Oh boy, Franken Fran! I remember reading it in high school and being totally freaked out by pretty much every bit of it.
Should probably read it again if the guy is still pumping out chapters; godspeed weird guro manga dude :japan:

Franken Fran actually formally ended a while back in I think early 2012 sometime! It's obvious the creator was running out of unique ideas and I'm glad he chose to stop instead of continuing on for months and months with subpar stuff and retroactively screwing up the whole thing, like some manga artists do.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I await a Franken Fran anime or live action TV show, personally.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would watch a Franken Franime.

edit: Well there WAS that time that Franken Fran got turned into a movie in-universe and the gore didn't sell so they made it a love drama. Maybe there shouldn't be a Franken Fran anime lest it go in the same direction.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think they could do an episodic body horror surgery of the week kind of show and I'd watch it for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Franken Fran actually formally ended a while back in I think early 2012 sometime! It's obvious the creator was running out of unique ideas and I'm glad he chose to stop instead of continuing on for months and months with subpar stuff and retroactively screwing up the whole thing, like some manga artists do.

Ah, I see. Still a lot of new chapters I haven't seen though, so I'm happy about that, and glad Katsuhisa didn't keep the series going past its prime.

I just got to the runaway mascots chapter, the jazz bear dialogue is making me crack up so hard. Thanks Command Ant for reminding me of an old favorite manga!

e: oh man and now Fran is lecturing a giant blob monster about its life priorities and identity, this is the best manga

Gamma Nerd has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Nov 3, 2014

• Locked thread