Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bike lanes are bad because:
They are a waste of street space
They are a waste of sidewalk space
Cyclists use them
View Results

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Choose from the options above, I think there are good points to be made for any of the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Put bikes with peds. Motos lanesplit.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Why are you asking whether cities should have bicycle lanes in a motorcycle subforum?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Why are you asking whether cities should have bicycle lanes in a motorcycle subforum?

its all bikes, maaaaan

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

trap sprung

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Motorcycle lanes, gently caress bicycles.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
but there is bike lane in between all regular lanes?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
The bike lanes here get a ton of use. But we can't lane split, so basically gently caress cyclists right in their stupid little outfits.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bike lanes are awesome, I can get around Seattle on my bike twice as quickly since they went in.

All those spandex wearing weirdos look really angry when I pass them at WOT though, must be all the jealousy.

E: voted 3, you left the apostrophe off of your odd abbreviation for "motorcyclist" though.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 1, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I just know joggers get pissed when I ride on/over sidewalks.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
The place I just moved to has a stretch of road to get into the main part of town that has a school on it, and during rush hour it's stop go, so I use those bike lanes for my motor-bike.

I'm pretty sure I'm breaking the law, but I'm saving 10 minutes everytime I do that, so if iget a 300 dollar ticket after a year I think I'm still on top.

Bieks-logic.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

im mad i cant vote all three plz make checkboxes

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

efnii posted:

im mad i cant vote all three plz make checkboxes

turns out you can't make something a checkbox poll after the fact, something i discovered 15 seconds after making this poll

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Dedicated bike lanes are nice. Bike lanes that are just marked off sections of regular roads or a picture of a bike stuck on the regular road (which is somehow supposed to convince drivers that bikes can ride using the whole road and remain unmurdered) are lovely. There are nearly no dedicated bike lanes here and it sucks. People are really aggressive around bikers to the point that it was much more stress than it was worth to ride.

I can lane split on my motorcycle so it more than makes up for any pedal bike deficiencies.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All bicycle lanes should lead straight into a dmv building that gives courses on how to share the road and recognize the cruel irony of not sharing the road whilst constantly screaming at everyone to share the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Next bike rider I see who rides with traffic like he's supposed to, but then suddenly can use crosswalks to get out of having to sit at a light and backs up traffic to slowly pedal across, is getting his tire kicked as I pass him.

• Locked thread