Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Captain Matchbox posted:

Rekorderlig is bitch juice for pussies

Agree, most of the stuff is sweet-ish and fruity in taste. I like my Ebbelwoi bitter with a distinct sour taste. But for some reason most of the world chooses to make bitchjuice out of apples. But than, most of the world also makes bitchjuice beer (Czech in general and microbrews all over the world excluded).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrimp fried rice 4-EVA
Feb 2, 2012

Holding my breath and I'm playing for keeps.
5 Seeds is pretty OK.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I only drink rum and cokes and cider because I like sweet tasting drinks. :ohdear:

Me too. I might have a child's palate, but I'm OK with that. The alternative is to drink things I don't actually like the taste of.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Mulefisk posted:

beer is better

The truth, finally

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Harime Nui posted:

What a garbage opinion, my God.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Cider is only marginally less gross than beer, just do a shot of everclear if you want to consume alcohol. It's more efficient. (or smoke weed everyday. Yeah, do that.)

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

The Groper posted:

Cider is only marginally less gross than beer, just do a shot of everclear if you want to consume alcohol. It's more efficient. (or smoke weed everyday. Yeah, do that.)

Still sounds gross. Just enema that poo poo into your butt. Its way quicker to gently caress you up.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Cider is cool because the swill you can get is cheap as gently caress. Can drink like 10 litres of the 6% stuff over a weekend for about 20 euro.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

zima drinkin queermos itt

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

here is your perfect beverage for when your flappy pussys are sandy and dry:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Getting a tramp to buy me this when I was 14 and then going to drink it at the skate park with my friends. Ah, memories....

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014
How many of you cider haters drink the lamest beverage of all?

Hint: It's Mountain Dew.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I like beer that tastes almost like i'm drinking a loaf of rye

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Picked up a sixer of Angry Orchard Apple Ginger. Haven't cracked it yet, anyone else?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

fyodor posted:

here is your perfect beverage for when your flappy pussys are sandy and dry:

zima was good i enjoyed drinking it when i was like 6 yrs old

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Picked up a sixer of Angry Orchard Apple Ginger. Haven't cracked it yet, anyone else?

dont like angry orchard too sweet

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
We have cider made from honeycrisp and sweetango apples in mn

It is the best cider ever but they haven't spun their canning up yet

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
why do people have strong passionate opinions about this topic

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ocean Book posted:

why do people have strong passionate opinions about this topic

taste is subjective :shrug:

I mean. YOUR WRONG YOU rear end!

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Had it before, it's decent, but nothing too special. Just follow this calendar to keep up with a brand that makes good stuff all around (not too sweet, unlike most Angry Orchard). I recommend the Barrel Select & Winter for this time of year (barrel select is 6.9% as well). Don't bother with pear/raspberry though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

troubled teen posted:

Had it before, it's decent, but nothing too special. Just follow this calendar to keep up with a brand that makes good stuff all around (not too sweet, unlike most Angry Orchard). I recommend the Barrel Select & Winter for this time of year (barrel select is 6.9% as well). Don't bother with pear/raspberry though.

802 is also really good.

I'm still sad that they got rid of Spring :smith:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Cobweb Heart posted:

liquor is great, beer just taste too nast for too little a loving up. maybe i haven't had the "right beer". but i'm pretty sure everyone has their own idea of what the right beer is

Drink Unibroue Trois Pistoles

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Angry Orchard is a goddamn best, Woodchuck can suck a loving nut

also OP try this if you can find it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
any ciders as cheap as steel reserve or olde english that cost the same?

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Cubey posted:

802 is also really good.

I'm still sad that they got rid of Spring :smith:

Very true on both counts. Pink is acceptable as a "spring" seasonal though...I'll stick to the core ones around that time of year though.

Also, Angry Orchard is mostly only good because they sell it at sports venues (at least around here they do) and it means I can drink without needing to buy a $13 margarita.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

troubled teen posted:

Pink is acceptable as a "spring" seasonal though...I'll stick to the core ones around that time of year though.

The last variety pack I got had Pink in it, it's good but it basically tastes exactly like Crisp with a higher alcohol content. I wasn't that crazy about Spring but it was nice for a change of pace, too sweet to drink more than a bottle or two at a time though.

I guess as long as they don't axe 802 or Summer I'm not too concerned because those are the best flavors.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I like ciders and beers. I'm gonna have a strongbow right now. :cheers:

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

posh spaz posted:

How many of you cider haters drink the lamest beverage of all?

Hint: It's Mountain Dew.

can you not hate on diet mountain dew pls you're triggering me

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i want cheap alcohol that taste good and isn't 10 dollars a 6 pack

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

Had this the other day, was totally not bitter and it tasted great. Suck it, OP.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I like ginger ale hold the alcohol, thanks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It was a popular drink during colonial times in the USA but fell out of fashion due to things such as big german immigration plus the prohibition movement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/02/15/hard-cider-comeback/5488087/

quote:

What really started the decline of cider in America was the advent of deep-water drilling methods that lessened the dependence on surface water or shallow wells, McClatchey said.

Two other factors helped kill cider: The preference for beer by many new European immigrants and the spread of the temperance movement, which eventually led to many of the old cider orchards being chopped down during Prohibition.

On the flip side it stayed popular in europe especially in Spain and France.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
I like good beer and good cider and I'll try anything once before deciding if it's crap or not.

We used to buy Strongbow regularly (at least a case per week) until Heineken gained the US distribution and "invented" two new flavors earlier this year to compete with the sweet American ciders and discontinued the original dry cider they're known for. A lot of people are angry about this (see their US fb page).

We've had to switch to Blackthorn and I'm drinking one now which is why I'm posting.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It is okay to like Cider and Beer. When I pick up growlers from the brewery down the street, I usually get one cider and one beer. This is acceptable :)

Also for Michigan Goon People: Blake's Hard Cider featuring El Chave, AKA mango habanero cider. Best cider I've had.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
When I first moved to England, I wondered what all the poors were drinking because the beer was expensive, the liquor was prohibitively expensive, but there were a bunch of drunk idiots still wandering around town.

Then I discovered the three liter bottles of Strongbow - nominally priced and strong as gently caress.

I got drunk on thin poison that tasted like someone had coughed in my mouth, then poured the rest down the sink drain.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cider was a good diversion for a few months, but even dry ones have a lot of sugar, and there doesn't seem to be as much diversity of flavor compared to beer. Some of my friends drink it exclusively now because portland but I also live a block away from Rev. Nat's and they have a cool tasting room and a good product. The poo poo that everybody who shops at whole foods seems to drink is Square Mile, which I must admit is pretty good.

I prefer stout.

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

The most manly type of beer. I pretty much only drink stouts and porters. Guinness is a lifesaver (even though its one of the worst stouts), since if I'm dragged to a crappy bar that only serves lovely lager I can always count on Guinness being behind the bar to stop me having to drink cold piss.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

West Country cider for life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75r-UU0_nSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdMfLJfZD54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9RjGCBTyig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwwqEm5YhQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

If you ever get the chance try and get a hold of Hecks - Kingston Black. :beerpal:

second-hand smegma posted:

Cider was a good diversion for a few months, but even dry ones have a lot of sugar, and there doesn't seem to be as much diversity of flavor compared to beer. Some of my friends drink it exclusively now because portland but I also live a block away from Rev. Nat's and they have a cool tasting room and a good product. The poo poo that everybody who shops at whole foods seems to drink is Square Mile, which I must admit is pretty good.

I prefer stout.

It's not dry enough!
  • Dry: below 0.9% residual sugar. This corresponds to a final specific gravity of under 1.002.
  • Medium: in the range between dry and sweet (0.9% to 4% residual sugar, final gravity 1.002 to 1.012). Sometimes characterized as either 'off-dry' or 'semi-sweet.'
  • Sweet: above 4% residual sugar, roughly equivalent to a final gravity of over 1.012.

Dry is like, bone dry. Like a dry white wine!

At the OP: I like both beer and cider. Just depends if its nice. Everyone has different view of whats nice and tasty so who gives a gently caress. Enjoy what you like, if you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad it's just like yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man..

Fluo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 3, 2014

• Locked thread