Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

But more serious, probably this Karl:

Mainly due to this "Karl":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Go, Karl!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

I get it!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

This guy right here. He knows some poo poo about Ancient Egypt. He also plays some mean guitar.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

He looks like a lizardman who barely gives a poo poo about disguising himself

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Eomer, Dr. McCoy, Doomguy, and Judge Dredd? Be still my nerd heart:

yeah

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Eomer, Dr. McCoy, Doomguy, and Judge Dredd? Be still my nerd heart:

I have a serious mancrush on Karl Urban. One time, I was at a sci fi convention minding my own business when suddenly I look over and see mother loving Bones right next to me. I tried play it cool and nod at him, but instead I let out a weird little squeak. He took one look at me and left.

That's my Karl story.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
The NYC thread's favorite karl:

karl fungus posted:

Today on karl fungus, let's go to Forest Park.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of you haven't been here before, since it's probably too far out of your way if you live in Brooklyn. The park is right next to me, so I've been there plenty of times. Local kids go here to get high on cough syrup around sunset, and it can be pretty creepy at night, but I would say it's safe. You'll see a lot of families pushing strollers through the paved roads, or people with dogs on the horse paths.

There are lots of trees everywhere, obviously. However, don't think that it's a native forest, because it isn't. A lot of plants here are invasive, and most of the forest was planted over the last couple of hundred years.

You can walk on the paved roads if you don't feel like venturing into the sometimes-creepy horse paths.

I have a lot of high school memories walking along these semi-abandoned railroad tracks. You can either end up in an awkward part of Jamaica, or the middle of nowhere in some neighborhood I don't even know the name of.

Lot of tall trees with their branches cut off in one spot. Guess they were growing too close together.

Bunch of pine trees.

Hey look a rotting log with fungus.

More fungus.

You know what the first two letters of 'fungus' are?

F U

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'd post a picture, but I've got Karl Farbman here with me:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
when we got this cat we were discussing what to name it and my grey parrot shouted "KARL" so now the cat's name is Karl and he is my favorite (that's the parrot in the background too)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

its IRONIC god
Dec 18, 2011

Oh Yeaaah!!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You motherfucker you beat me to it

You have not lived until you've shot a Carl while standing in a puddle.

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.
http://whothefuckiskarl.com

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

We were debating names for the new kitten, and the parrot yelled "Karl!", so we went with that. The bird has never known a person named Carl, so clearly he had an opinion.

"Charlemagne" was one of the names we were considering, so we probably would've ended up calling him "Karl" anyway, but it's funny that the bird named the cat.

Dead Jedi
Oct 25, 2010

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
The best Gallagher sibling:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You should see the one that shoots balloons and sleepy gas.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

This is the correct answer. Look at his little headnod!

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Rottweilers (and Dobermans) get a bad press. Nice to discover there's a whole series of books about this Carl.

My nomination: Karl Hyde of Underworld and Freur (Doot Doot).

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thank you

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

:3: Aw, I remember these from when I was a kid. I probably haven't thought about that book series for more than a decade. Good times.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

"In his autobiography, Panzram wrote that he was "rage personified" and that he would often rape men whom he had robbed, not necessarily because he was homosexual, but to dominate and humiliate them. He was noted for his great physical strength, which aided him in overpowering most men he encountered. He also engaged in vandalism and arson. By his own admission, one of the few times he did not engage in criminal activities was when he was employed as a strikebreaker against union employees.

Panzram was hanged on September 5, 1930. While the noose was being put around his neck, he allegedly spat in his executioner's face and declared, "I wish the entire human race had one neck and I had my hands around it!" When asked by the executioner if he had any last words, Panzram barked, "Yes, hurry it up, you Hoosier bastard! I could hang a dozen men while you're screwing around!" He was buried at the Leavenworth Penitentiary Cemetery."

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

MA-Horus posted:

You motherfucker you beat me to it

You have not lived until you've shot a Carl while standing in a puddle.

Why the puddle.

• Locked thread