Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Donal Logue has been tripping me out lately. I always thought he was relatively mediocre in Grounded For Life, and presumed him dead until Gotham aired. Right now Gotham has been doing a little bit better than the first few episodes, but I can't attribute any of that positive change to Donal Logue. In fact he is actively making the show worse in every scene he is in. Now as of recently I power binged through Vikings and saw he was playing a major role as King Horik. I was skeptical at first. But as time went on I got more comfortable with him in the role. Aside from the terrible hack job accent he's attempting he is actually well suited to the role. He looks the part, has the right attitude and style, just a poo poo accent impressionist (and I think the same could be said for most of the actors on the show).

Now I'm not sure how I feel about him as an actor because I hate him in one show and like him in another. Is there anything else I should watch with him in it to help sway this needle in one direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Terriers is good

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Inevitable posted:

Terriers is good

came to post this

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Inevitable posted:

Terriers is good

Truth.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Donal Logue has a thick skull because he made Ragnar so punchdrunk he gave up on headbutting him to death and had to use a stool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNv61TL_FqM

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
He's a good choice for Harvey Bullock.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

Donal Logue has been tripping me out lately. I always thought he was relatively mediocre in Grounded For Life, and presumed him dead until Gotham aired. Right now Gotham has been doing a little bit better than the first few episodes, but I can't attribute any of that positive change to Donal Logue. In fact he is actively making the show worse in every scene he is in. Now as of recently I power binged through Vikings and saw he was playing a major role as King Horik. I was skeptical at first. But as time went on I got more comfortable with him in the role. Aside from the terrible hack job accent he's attempting he is actually well suited to the role. He looks the part, has the right attitude and style, just a poo poo accent impressionist (and I think the same could be said for most of the actors on the show).

Now I'm not sure how I feel about him as an actor because I hate him in one show and like him in another. Is there anything else I should watch with him in it to help sway this needle in one direction.

he sucked in SoA. Then again...

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I liked his kinda hot wife in grounded for life :shrug:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

BigBoss posted:

I don't know. He just doesn't really do it for me. He sold King Horik pretty drat well though. IMDB says he is in Blade. How did I miss that...?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
IMO the Penguin is the best part of Gotham. I wanna love OC boy bc I honestly loved the first season of the OC but it's the Penguin who is the best.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Inevitable posted:

Terriers is good

This is all you need to know about Donal Logue

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Terriers is amazing. Donal Logue is amazing in Terriers.

Life is amazing. Donal Logue is amazing in Life.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
He usually improves whatever he's in

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Luvcow posted:

I liked his kinda hot wife in grounded for life :shrug:

came here to post this, she owns
she is now playing opposite patrick warburton in rules of engagement
there's stinkier turds in the cat box, if nothing else

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I dunno but his name is pretty cool

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Inevitable posted:

Terriers is good

This is pretty accurate.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

UPDATE: Gotham was loving great tonight. Donal Logue killed it. I take back what I said.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I'm sure he's relieved you're turned around on the subject

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

porkchop_express posted:

came to post this

CAUGHT A RIDE WITH A DRIFTER AND A TRAVELIN' MAN

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Well I'm not sure how I feel about Victoria Principal, but you don't see me making a thread about it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ghlbtsk posted:

Well I'm not sure how I feel about Victoria Principal, but you don't see me making a thread about it.

always hated her name

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Inevitable posted:

Terriers is good

A good friend of mine was a writer on the show.
The concept for the second season was great, and FX killed the show by forcing them to call it Terriers (the original title was Small Dicks), and by not advertising it outside of Los Angeles.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
vikings

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Jonny 290 posted:

always hated her name

Me too, just on principle.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
his name is good, like the words cellar door of donnie darko fame. He was also good in the BLade where his arm got chipped off.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Watch The Tao of Steve and then decide.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I know him from Grounded for Life, by my husband (who is an Old) knows him as the MTV cab driver.

Discuss your first experience with Donal Logue.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
donal logue is like younger lovely jeff bridges

so, like, not absolutely terrible but still much shittier than jeff bridges

like a lateral move from beau bridges

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
and beau bridges, obviously, is lovely john larroquette. so theres where you stand

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
caught a ride with a trickster and a javelin man
doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
to a town down by the sea.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Way to commit, OP

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

detectivemonkey posted:

Discuss your first experience with Donal Logue.

quote:

Because someday, trust me, I'm gonna need help movin' a body. When that day comes, I don't wanna hear any poo poo from you.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jimmy the MTV Cab Driver was his best role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

BigBoss posted:

• Locked thread