Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
yeah america pretty much only gives a poo poo about unborn babies and dead soldiers. def don't give a poo poo about mothers (or fathers) or children being raised in poverty.

i wrote in 'abortions' for governor this morning, so hopefully we can get some serious baby murder going on soon because i am a literal monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im in favor ogf abortions because theyve killed like SO many blacks

lmao @ blacccccccccccckkkkkkkk genocide

"uh hi, im a democrat. yah, we did jim crow and the kkk, but wait till u c the deal we have for u now!"

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Muttonchips posted:

Stop putting words in my mouth. Birth control is NOT 100% effective which is why abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy. But God Forbid people teach THAT in schools.

Well yeah a small population of the world will never get married but what percentage? 2%? 3%? At least in America the normal thing to do is for people to get married and have children. Exception for homosexuals who can adopt but it's still the same idea.

BTW it's interesting how some homosexual couples have trouble adopting children. Gee if only there was a way to rectify that...

:words:

I truly believe that you believe every piece of garbage you've said in this thread.

You might honestly be one of the stupidest people I've come across on these forums. And I've been here over 12 years.

Congratulations. You win at being a loving retard.

PS too bad you weren't aborted

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Shadow posted:

PS too bad you weren't aborted
It's never too late.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Nice! Canada is at the top! Though, I wasn't joking when I said it should be longer, I can't actually wrap my head around how any country with out maternity leave could actually considered it self a modern civilized country, and again, I am not joking.

And again, if you say "Not with my taxes!" you are a genuine piece of poo poo and good loving god if you say "She chose to have sex and have a baby! I shouldn't have to pay for it!" as an explanation, there are no shortage of words for how terrible of person you are.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Muttonchips posted:

... abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy. But God Forbid people teach THAT in schools.

let me tell you about a guy named jesus

e: o wait, that's a gray area

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
not with my taxes, sluts

no means no

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

TOILETLORD posted:

elected democrats talk just like the pigs in animal farm now, and they do just as much shady poo poo as republicans. you need to start reading both sides of the propaganda we are given.

Just because both major parties are corrupt and paid for doesn't mean one isn't worse than the other.

It's like comparing Hitler to a mugger. They're both assholes, but one of them is a loving psychopath (...Hitler)

You already trolled this thread anyway, what are you doing? :(

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

you have to have the baby

too bad you can't afford to feed it lol

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

Skinny King Pimp posted:

yeah america pretty much only gives a poo poo about unborn babies and dead soldiers. def don't give a poo poo about mothers (or fathers) or children being raised in poverty.

i wrote in 'abortions' for governor this morning, so hopefully we can get some serious baby murder going on soon because i am a literal monster

no u didnt

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

how can abstinence-only education 100% work all the time when you believe in our lady of guadalupe

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Shadow posted:

It's like comparing Hitler to a mugger. They're both assholes, but one of them is a loving psychopath (...Hitler)

Muggers can be psychopaths too though it isn't their fault :(

Maybe they want my money to help their problems :unsmith:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

your grandma just wants the best for the world, since she didn't have any kids that lived

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Feminition posted:

you have to have the baby

too bad you can't afford to feed it lol
The Pro-Lifer's mantra.

"If you're pre-born, you're fine, if you're pre-schooled, you're hosed. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers." -George Carin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Muttonchips posted:

You can say and think whatever you want. I have a right to voice my opinion and cast a vote. I happen to believe even babies from poorer backgrounds can be adopted out and become a valuable member of society. There's always an option.

Clearly, there are people like you think if someone's not white or rich their baby can be thrown away and discarded like trash.

Disgusting.

lol yeah so many of those poor black kids get adopted it's not like the adoption rate is below 30% and all those kids growing up in the system end up committing crime because they have been raised in such a hosed up manner

nope it's all just adoption utopia

"I have a right to my opinion, you can say and think whatever you want but your opinion is disgusting." the mark of a reasoned argument.

That you pretend like the GOP isn't completely "NO ABORTION but once you're born gently caress YOU WE DON'T CARE PARASITE!" is totally whacked out imo.

Muttonchips posted:

Stop putting words in my mouth. Birth control is NOT 100% effective which is why abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy. But God Forbid people teach THAT in schools.

My school taught abstinence but here's a hint: that poo poo doesn't work because when you tell a bunch of hormone ridden young people not to gently caress they will anyway.

Muttonchips posted:

Can you see how this is an oxymoron? If they are having sex, then obviously that's NOT proper abstinence education. If it was abstinence education, the teen pregnancy rate would be 0.

Oh but my bad you think teens are just like computers to be programmed and they have no independent thought or action lol. Just tell them what you want and by god they'll do it just like that!

:downs:

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 4, 2014

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

lmao all those "abortion is racist black people are dying" sites that ignore the fact that black women want and need these abortions

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm actually a little confused about whether I'm pro-choice or not. It isn't a religiously or socially motivated issue for me. I believe in access to birth control, social safety nets, women's rights, and I'm not religious. I don't care if people want to preserve their virginity until marriage or sleep around with everyone they can get their hands on. I've historically been pro-choice and liberal. I also have a difficult time saying that my opinion, whichever side of the fence I end up on, ought to be mandated to people who have different foundational beliefs than I do.

What I've recently been struggling with is trying to understand how abortion is not equivalent to murder unless you set an arbitrary cutoff point at which you consider a fetus to not be "alive" nor "human". Most of the cutoffs people choose seem to be arbitrary and determined using varying levels of subjective criteria. Given that determination cannot be made in a non-arbitrary fashion, I feel the need to weigh in favor of baby's body over woman's body for the duration of the pregnancy. It all stems from the "is a fetus a living human?" question.

I don't expect to get reasonable debate out of GBS, but maybe someone will say something halfway thought provoking.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

What really confuses me about pro-lifers is that they spend all this time and energy on making sure abortion is illegal, when they really should be going and donating time to orphanages, since the end product of their campaign is lots and lots of packed full gross underfunded ones. Kinda like if you can't handle the heat get outta the kitchen???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggan posted:

I'm actually a little confused about whether I'm pro-choice or not. It isn't a religiously or socially motivated issue for me. I believe in access to birth control, social safety nets, women's rights, and I'm not religious. I don't care if people want to preserve their virginity until marriage or sleep around with everyone they can get their hands on. I've historically been pro-choice and liberal. I also have a difficult time saying that my opinion, whichever side of the fence I end up on, ought to be mandated to people who have different foundational beliefs than I do.

What I've recently been struggling with is trying to understand how abortion is not equivalent to murder unless you set an arbitrary cutoff point at which you consider a fetus to not be "alive" nor "human". Most of the cutoffs people choose seem to be arbitrary and determined using varying levels of subjective criteria. Given that determination cannot be made in a non-arbitrary fashion, I feel the need to weigh in favor of baby's body over woman's body for the duration of the pregnancy. It all stems from the "is a fetus a living human?" question.

I don't expect to get reasonable debate out of GBS, but maybe someone will say something halfway thought provoking.

If there's no brainwave activity how can it be a sentient thing that you're killing? That's my cut off and it seems to be the cut off for most places since usually third trimester abortion is not allowed (unless if the baby is carried to term it will be stillborn and end up with the mom dead too, that does happen and you can usually tell it will happen through medical technology).

Potential for life is not life. An acorn is not a tree, a sperm is not a baby, a bunch of cells attached to the uterine wall is not a baby. If you wait until it has brain wave activity then imo the argument of 'you're killing an unborn child' starts to carry water; before that it's just drivel though. Sometimes perfectly viable pregnancies fail for no real reason at all. Insinuating that those mothers somehow killed their children is pretty monstrous imo.

Also until the state provides good options for childcare (cheap/free healthcare, cheap/free good schools, cheap/free resources for new parents) it is the height of hypocrisy to say you care about the child and force the pregnancy to be brought to term because usually once the kid is out, the family is abandoned. Sure they sometimes get some paltry welfare payment, but it's not enough and a simple cash handout isn't really enough either.

Here's another argument: it doesn't matter if abortion is illegal or not, moral or not. People who want an abortion will get an abortion (or attempt some other method of terminating the pregnancy). If we accept that people are going to do it regardless, we might as well make it safe and easy for them. Because otherwise, rich people will just go to Mexico or another nearby country (like they used to do), and poor people will get coat hangers shoved up their vaginas (resulting in some pretty horrific poo poo). It's an issue of trying to legislate morality; something that is almost always going to result in a total clusterfuck. Just look at the war on drugs.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 4, 2014

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

muttonchops holocaust denier, crossfit enthusiast and prolife

or.... master troll? you decide

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Uggghghgh just stop replying to the nacho skeleton, this is just a troll thread

Just look at this and stop posting: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678920&highlight=

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Moridin920 posted:

Potential for life is not life. An acorn is not a tree, a sperm is not a baby, a bunch of cells attached to the uterine wall is not a baby. If you wait until it has brain wave activity then imo the argument of 'you're killing an unborn child' starts to carry water; before that it's just drivel though. Sometimes perfectly viable pregnancies fail for no real reason at all. Insinuating that those mothers somehow killed their children is pretty monstrous imo.

Also until the state provides good options for childcare (cheap/free healthcare, cheap/free good schools, cheap/free resources for new parents) it is the height of hypocrisy to say you care about the child and force the pregnancy to be brought to term because usually once the kid is out, the family is abandoned. Sure they sometimes get some paltry welfare payment, but it's not enough and a simple cash handout isn't really enough either.

I agree with you that we need better social and economic support for these kids and their families.

As for your analogy, I don't think it's a very good one. I get what you're trying to say but I think there's a fundamental difference between preventing a process from beginning and stopping a process from continuing. Maybe instead, digging up a sprouting acorn that hasn't yet broken the surface. Tree? If it survives, yes. Now? You tell me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's not a perfect analogy. There's a difference between preventing a process from finishing and not starting it in the first place, but: a) sometimes you gently caress up or the birth control fails and the process starts - forcing totally unprepared people to have kids results in misery on the part of the parent and the child more often than not. B) you're not accounting for all the poo poo that can naturally go wrong anyway. A sprouting acorn will not always grow into a tree - a bird might eat it, an animal might stomp on it inadvertently, it just might not grow into a tree. I wouldn't call the bird a tree killer for eating a sprouting seed.

Many pregnancies fail for no reason other than just 'woops it failed.'

Once you start playing the potential and what if games you can convince yourself of most anything imo; what if the kid grows up to be a serial killer, what if the kid grows up to cure cancer. It's just a non sequitur imo and it's more useful to concern ourselves with people that actually exist already.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

One Legged Cat posted:

Just look at this and stop posting: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678920&highlight=

boyb is stalking me

first the guncop thraed, then that other one, now this...

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

you got me, i didn't. sorry everybody i just want to be cool on the internet.

but really though, abortion must be legal and accessible.

Ruggan posted:

in my opinion, i use the medical definition of viability. usually this is around 23-24 weeks or so, iirc. basically the point at which the baby has any chance at all of surviving is when i'm okay with 100% no questions asked elective abortions being available. therapeutic abortions should always be available if necessary. i feel like that's pretty unambiguous.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

One Legged Cat posted:

wow that's really hosed up!!!!!

geforce
Nov 19, 2014

You may be cooler than me IRL, but I have crippling anxietyTM
:parrot:
Who would troll on that kind of matters ?!?!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
abortion is murder

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

sexy young infidel posted:

abortion is murder

I don't think "pro-lifers" really believe this. If the abortionist was killing 10yo children people would do more to stop it then just hold up signs in protest. "Pro-lifers" actually believe that unborn babies are important but not as important as born children.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

olin posted:

I don't think "pro-lifers" really believe this. If the abortionist was killing 10yo children people would do more to stop it then just hold up signs in protest. "Pro-lifers" actually believe that unborn babies are important but not as important as born children.

You don't have to think that all humans are equally important to think that killing any of them is murder.

In fairness. gently caress "pro-lifers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I'm using the definition of murder which is the killing of an innocent person. I don't think most people who call themselves pro-lifers believe actual persons are being killed. The only ones who believe that are the people who've shot abortionists or blown up clinics.

AARO fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 23, 2014

• Locked thread