Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I vote for everything possible even if I don't know who any of the local people are or what they do in the offices they are running for.

the best thing about this is a lot of people do it so in less publicized offices people with the most normal sounding name tend to win a lot

like i read an article about a veteran judge named rajiv or something with 20 years of experience losing an election in pennsylvania to a professional baker with no courtroom experience lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

John Denver Hoxha posted:

straight ticket ba'ath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC7-Q1dPa_c

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
in my country no elections are run, all votes go to al-Baghdadi, he is the caliph u know.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

fuckin a that dick at the bottom completely canceled out my vote

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

stealing these

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I voted for LBJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWusOhZpq7w

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

the best thing about this is a lot of people do it so in less publicized offices people with the most normal sounding name tend to win a lot

like i read an article about a veteran judge named rajiv or something with 20 years of experience losing an election in pennsylvania to a professional baker with no courtroom experience lmao

in florida supreme court and appellate judges are appointed but have to face retention votes every 6 years where they can be voted out, it's dumb though because no judge has ever been fired via a retention vote bc who the gently caress cares about whether or not a random judge should continue judging? they gonna put blacks in the electric chair regardless

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

BeefThief posted:

Which were you on the hole, Democrate or Republicane?

To be honest with you, I voted a,b,a,b, independant,a,b,green party.

I voted to get the sticker.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I voted 14 times for Robo-Nixon as a write-in

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone

BeefThief posted:

Which were you on the hole,

whole

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Voting for local offices in small Eastern wa counties is fun because you'll have pages of unopposed R. For those I like to write in "democracy"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

For Whole

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I did not vote for anyone today, there are no elections in my province right now?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
little too attractive to be a voter imo

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

JawKnee posted:

I did not vote for anyone today, there are no elections in my province right now?

a lot of words to say "check your U.S.American priviledge"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Michael Corleone posted:

dont know if i even voted for the us congress, or if i did who i voted for, just went with names i know, ones u can trust, u know?

there wasn't any national office up for election this year. i was actually gonna vote until i got mailed a "THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR" postcard from the democratic office and after i read it i just couldn't take it seriously anymore.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Business Gorillas posted:

there wasn't any national office up for election this year. i was actually gonna vote until i got mailed a "THIS IS WHO YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR" postcard from the democratic office and after i read it i just couldn't take it seriously anymore.

I got my voting record mailed to me and it shamed my neighbor hood, I voted 100% of the time the last 3 elections, my neighbors did not, Dems and Reps sent the same mailer, so I owned my neighborhood twice.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SpeedGem posted:

I got my voting record mailed to me and it shamed my neighbor hood, I voted 100% of the time the last 3 elections, my neighbors did not, Dems and Reps sent the same mailer, so I owned my neighborhood twice.

did not know voting records were public access. having voted only 2 times at 30 doesn't look good for my political career, :(

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Michael Corleone posted:

did not know voting records were public access. having voted only 2 times at 30 doesn't look good for my political career, :(

Politics are ugly these days, shaming people to vote, next election, i'm not voting.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SpeedGem posted:

Politics are ugly these days, shaming people to vote, next election, i'm not voting.

i am going to run as a dem. i graduated from one of the not tOSU state universites. i hope a repub comes at me with that. instant reagan landslide.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

I just wrote "Legalize Weed" on my ballot and left it sitting in the booth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

dont vote

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

TEAYCHES posted:

dont vote

:agreed:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

TEAYCHES posted:

dont vote

no gently caress you shut up

i'll vote all day every day and you can't stop me

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The only local state senate candidate was the only one on the ballot for both republican and democrat. Yay america.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
all republicans and against all spending and taxes. In california it's like i didn't vote at all.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

If you wanna cause problems say "I can't believe its letting me vote AGAIN!" in a hushed tone from the booth. Bonus points if an elderly man tries to detain you. You must be wearing cargo shorts and a trenchcoat at the time though

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

If you wanna cause problems say "I can't believe its letting me vote AGAIN!" in a hushed tone from the booth. Bonus points if an elderly man tries to detain you. You must look brown.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
florida medical marijuana failed lol

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

what does this shirt mean? is it an abstract 'i want to gently caress cartoon pony' or something?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Everyone I voted for lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Fallows posted:

florida medical marijuana failed lol

Considering absolutely nothing was done to promote it and we got within 3 percentage points in one of the reddest states in America(lol, Uncle fester 4 moar years, lol) I am feeling pretty good about this working next time around.

• Locked thread