Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meeksha
May 5, 2009

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
Over the past year I have started a 2-man act between myself and a drummer. I am playing through an RC30 loop station and using a Boss whammy pedal for pitch shifting... essentially, I use it to throw down bass lines, turn it off and play guitar on top of it.

My outputs from the loop station go to a line 6 spider II for guitar and a peavy bass amp. Gives a genuine bass sound, REALLY sounds like a full band when we play. Really slick.

Here is the problem... I am very aware that playing a bass through a guitar amp is terrible for the speakers. I have had a lucky streak in not blowing any until yesterday. I'm looking for a workaround to keep our 'band' up and running without paying out the rear end replacing speakers. I've looked around the web for some sort of frequency-limiting/filtering thingamajig, but haven't had any luck... any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Any EQ pedal that lets you roll off the lows in any significant fashion should be ok. Something like this perhaps:
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BEQ700.aspx

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Honestly if your using a whammy for pitch shifting your probably not pushing out levels that would harm your amp. That said if your really worried about it eq pedal is the way to go.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

That is assuming that you were saying that you are pitch shifting the guitar to simulate a bass

Barn Door
Mar 6, 2007

shut the fuck up charles
buy a bass amp and cabinet

• Locked thread